El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

I tried to tell my Lomas WC what I was bringing ahead of time, and that's when I got the crazy fee quote (not even the $5 per person!!). This was mid-way through the planning process (probably sometime this past August, but I don't remember exactly). I quit asking, and just brought everything with me and hoped for the best. 

and I've failed at taking pics tonight, and counting the lanterns. we had a bit of an off-kilter night, so I promise to get those things done by the weekend. sorry to keep y'all in suspense!! 

I'm beginning to think thats what I'm going to have to do. Everything she quotes me is outrageous. I went to the table cloth factory site that you provided and ordered 16 napkins, and 36 bows for $40...Lomas had quoted me over $250 to rent those items which I had agreed to until I read your post with their web address. I'm canceling tomorrow, hopefully they will only charge $5 pp for set up fee, which is still cheaper than renting!! You have been so helpful, thanks again!! 

Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

Allie gave me a great website for the sashes and table runners. The sashes were $0.60 per sash, as opposed to the $4 per sash EDR charged. In addition the table runners were just like $3, instead of the $15 they quoted. We just ordered it all yesterday!

http://www.tableclothsfactory.com/tablecloths-Table-Linens-Chair-Covers-Sashes-s/6.htm

We also went ahead and bought our gazebo sheers, and will bring them down in one of those space saver bags where you can vacuum seal it so they don't take up much space. I couldn't stomach the $150 per sheer, but really wanted to have them. We got them for $20 each! A steal if you ask me.

http://www.efavormart.com/tulle-and-organza.aspx

Thank You SOOOO MUCH FOR THIS!  I have been looking every where for affordable sheers.  What did they quote you to set up the sheers that you're bringing?

Originally Posted by jnitschke View Post

Thank You SOOOO MUCH FOR THIS!  I have been looking every where for affordable sheers.  What did they quote you to set up the sheers that you're bringing?

I haven't been getting a consistent number. At first I was told it would be included in the $5 per person fee, but then was told since I'm bringing so many decorations it will be a minimum of $250 and the sheers are in that. She said the price would be confirmed on site. I'm just gonna wait until we have all our decor, take pictures, and send it to my WC hoping she can give me a better idea of the real set-up fee. I was upset, but kind of just accepted that it is what it is. I can't do anything about it, and we need the setup, so whatever it costs is what we'll have to pay.

I am so enjoying reading all of your posts, but I am SO OVERWHELMED with all of the planning that I still need to do.  food (private event or not), sashes, table runners, table decor, photography, flowers, etc.  OY!  where to start??   I just paid our airfare and am starting to pay for our room - and that's all I've done so far.  LOL.. I don't even know how many people will be joining us, as nobody else has booked with our TA yet.   I guess I need to get an approx headcount before planning much?   I'm nervous!!  I want to keep things as simple as possible.  the thought of lugging a bunch of things down to mexico has me tired just thinking about it.   what's the simplest, yet nicest set up anyone else has done?  like maybe just some lights, and lanterns?   I'll probably have a look at some of the websites you guys linked, so that I can get some ideas.  I am so BAD at this planning stuff.  ;-)

Hi Erin,

Don't let yourself get overwhelmed!! It isn't worth it the stress, I promise. The reality is the setting is so beautiful, you don't need a whole lot of set up or extras. If you don't want to bring all the stuff, then don't. It's 100% up to you, and what you want for your wedding. Don't feel the peer pressure because of what someone else chose or did or brought or what you saw on the amazeballs wedding blog. That was their/our weddings, and this is yours.

One of my best friends had a total no-frills wedding, just a group dinner after the ceremony, 12 guests, and it was amazing! It's more about the company and the reason for the gathering.

The headcount is important only to ensure the area around the gazebo has enough room for your guests (some are fairly small), and if you are hosting a private reception, ensuring that venue works for your party size.

Have you talked to your guests to get a feel of how many are planning to go yet?

We're here...we'll help ya through it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by erin 1 View Post

I am so enjoying reading all of your posts, but I am SO OVERWHELMED with all of the planning that I still need to do.  food (private event or not), sashes, table runners, table decor, photography, flowers, etc.  OY!  where to start??   I just paid our airfare and am starting to pay for our room - and that's all I've done so far.  LOL.. I don't even know how many people will be joining us, as nobody else has booked with our TA yet.   I guess I need to get an approx headcount before planning much?   I'm nervous!!  I want to keep things as simple as possible.  the thought of lugging a bunch of things down to mexico has me tired just thinking about it.   what's the simplest, yet nicest set up anyone else has done?  like maybe just some lights, and lanterns?   I'll probably have a look at some of the websites you guys linked, so that I can get some ideas.  I am so BAD at this planning stuff.  ;-)

I haven't been getting a consistent number. At first I was told it would be included in the $5 per person fee, but then was told since I'm bringing so many decorations it will be a minimum of $250 and the sheers are in that. She said the price would be confirmed on site. I'm just gonna wait until we have all our decor, take pictures, and send it to my WC hoping she can give me a better idea of the real set-up fee. I was upset, but kind of just accepted that it is what it is. I can't do anything about it, and we need the setup, so whatever it costs is what we'll have to pay.

My personal opinion, the WC who is in Miami has nothing to do with the set up or the fees. I would not even ask, or bother. Once you get to the resort talk to the WC onsite who will actually deal with your wedding. They usually are extremely helpful, and will help arrange a fee. Just be ready to pay them in cash, and be polite, and it will work out!

Originally Posted by erin 1 View Post

I agree with Allie, don't let yourself get too overwhelmed. About two or three weeks ago I was in the same spot as you, and things just started falling into place. It looks like I'm getting married the week before you...perhaps (if you like it and our colors match up) we can share decor? I can leave some stuff behind for you? Just a thought, if it would make your life any easier. Feel free to send me a private message and we can talk :) We are only having about 25 people come, so we are keeping it simple. Because of this small number, it's not difficult to bring the decorations with us. We are trying to purchase as little as we can from EDR, just because it's so $$. Even just glass vases with floating candles looks beautiful. Or glass vases with some sand (free!) and a pillar candle. Think of it this way: even if you have zero decorations, and just go to a restaurant after, you're still getting married on a beach....in Mexico. Does it get any better than that? Feel free to message me about anything :)

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

My personal opinion, the WC who is in Miami has nothing to do with the set up or the fees. I would not even ask, or bother. Once you get to the resort talk to the WC onsite who will actually deal with your wedding. They usually are extremely helpful, and will help arrange a fee. Just be ready to pay them in cash, and be polite, and it will work out!

Thanks, I didn't even think of bringing cash for that! With that being said, how much cold hard cash did everyone feel was necessary to bring??

I think we took about $500 down in cash, but I only took about $250 with me to my meeting with the onsite WC - that's all I wanted to pay, and I figured it was a good bargaining place if they quoted higher. I'm sly like that...

Thanks, I didn't even think of bringing cash for that! With that being said, how much cold hard cash did everyone feel was necessary to bring??

I agree with Allie, don't let yourself get too overwhelmed. About two or three weeks ago I was in the same spot as you, and things just started falling into place. It looks like I'm getting married the week before you...perhaps (if you like it and our colors match up) we can share decor? I can leave some stuff behind for you? Just a thought, if it would make your life any easier. Feel free to send me a private message and we can talk :) We are only having about 25 people come, so we are keeping it simple. Because of this small number, it's not difficult to bring the decorations with us. We are trying to purchase as little as we can from EDR, just because it's so $$. Even just glass vases with floating candles looks beautiful. Or glass vases with some sand (free!) and a pillar candle. Think of it this way: even if you have zero decorations, and just go to a restaurant after, you're still getting married on a beach....in Mexico. Does it get any better than that? Feel free to message me about anything :)

I'll third these two, we're not into the whole formal wedding reception, so we're having the welcome donkey party on Thursday, the ceremony on Fri night then dinner and will most likely head to the night club for dancing and drinking afterwards.  It's up to you, whatever you want to do!

We're even cutting the wedding party short, just a MOH and BM? (lol that sounds a little funny) simply because we don't want to force people to have to pay that cannot afford it, plus he has a thousand guys that would want to be in his wedding party, and I only have a couple close girls. 

Its all about what YOU want to do, don't feel the pressure of some other weddings if that's not what you're into! Good luck!