El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Yay, Allie! What a relief that must be!! It's finally here!! :) :)

That sounds pretty good, Lindsey, thank you!! The announcing of us and the first dance was a big concern of mine, but you're right, I bet a friend would be able to do it okay.

I could go for a tequila Boom boom ASAP LOL That sounds like so much fun!!!

Originally Posted by CanadianLindsey View Post

We had our 24 guests email us 2 song choices each and then made up a playlist with all of those plus our favs. We just had a friend keep an eye on it but basically she announced our first dance, then hit play and away we went, dancing and partying under the stars and a bit of misty rain! It was awesome! The bar staff was really good at keeping the party mood up too. They had us all doing a congo line where we finished by taking turns doing "tequila boom booms" which was a highlight of the night seeing my Gramma do it! I don't think you will have any problem having fun without a dj. Everyone is on holidays, enjoying great food, weather, drinks and in the mood to celebrate your wedding :)

And yes, this site is therapy for us with crazy friends and families who just don't seem to understand the concept of a DW or doing non traditional thing or even deadlines or common courtesy for that matter! Ah good old wedding drama, you can't seem to avoid it no matter what you do so just enjoy the wedding planning journey(you only do it once!) and leave it all behind you on your wedding day :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

well ladies, I got my spreadsheet and we are officially paid in full! now let's go to Mexico... t minus 11 days.

woot.gifcheers.gif

So... we finally have everything all set with our photographers.... we're using Garone Photgraphy (http://www.garonephotography.com/) who happen to be family friends of ours. They are the best of the best and I couldn't be more excited that we were able to coordinate things with them... they've done literally all of my bridesmaids weddings as well (once one girl used them, the rest of us followed suite after seeing how great they did!), so it is nice to have that consistency as well- almost everyone at the wedding knows them, so it makes it that much more fun. :-)

PHEW! Next up... waiting for final RSVP's and making our final payment (RSVP's due Nov 15th, payment due Nov 30th).... then I can go back to trying to figure out the finishing touches like decorations, flowers and centerpieces. :-) cheers.gif

Originally Posted by chiquita8302 View Post

That is kind of how I feel- like I don't love the idea of asking for gifts. I was actually even worried about inviting everyone to an AHR- would people feel like it's an afterthought, or that we're just doing it to get gifts, or something like that? I just would like the opportunity to involve at least my mom and what not in some special event... maybe even throw the dress back on for some photo ops, or something like that? I don't really know.

I was thinking it would be fun do it at a lake, so we could just party and then at some point I could put my dress back on for a few phot ops, and then have a trash-the-dress type of photo op with everyone, but then was thinking about how quickly the costs add up if we turn it into kind of a big event...

There is a lake that we love that a lot of Kyle's friends have boats on, so it would be fun do go for a weekend (I had actually thought of getting married here but somehow it turned into a dw lol) and just anyone could come if they want, there are cabins to rent, that kind of thing... but I don't know what kind of event I'd have to offer them (i.e. dj, catering, etc like a real wedding, or just burgers and hanging out casual type of thing.)

Make it a relaxed, casual thing! Do it by the lake, but make sure it's just burgers and beer, etc. Maybe make it an "all white party" to have a little fun? Have a few photo books around so people can see the wedding photos, and maybe a laptop with a video or slideshow running. We did a casual cocktail hour (2 hours) and yes, I wore my dress! People loved it. And yes, some brought gifts, but  most just came out to celebrate with us. And I don't think you should be worried about who to invite. People may not have attended the wedding for cost factors, but would love to be included closer to home!

700This is our RSVP card (for the DW ), but you might be able to play with the wording...

Originally Posted by jnitschke View Post

That's what I'm thinking too, originally I wanted lots of people and fun dancing- but I think they'll need encouragement to actually get up and let loose.  So, a DJ with glow in the dark necklaces and a light up floor seemed like the way to go.  But, now it's looking like the group is going to be smaller and all of that will be over kill. It's hard to judge what this group will be like, since I've never had this exact mix of people together before.  But, I don't have final numbers or even close to it yet...so I know I'm over-reacting a bit.   Just, everyone and their mother seems to be getting pregnant right now and my friends/family keep dropping out left and right. The big scare is that of the 20 people I thought were a "yes for sure" 12 of them have real commitments that they won't be able to get out of.  But, on the plus side the first couple on my "maybe" list just paid and bought airfare, so that is promising.  There might be other people who surprise me still.

Most people will dance, since it's a relaxed environment. But I love the suggestion from another bride- get song requests! That way there is something for everyone. And if you think glowsticks will make the party, buy some at Micheal's craft store and have them available for after dinner to get the party started!

Originally Posted by chiquita8302 View Post

So... we finally have everything all set with our photographers.... we're using Garone Photgraphy (http://www.garonephotography.com/) who happen to be family friends of ours. They are the best of the best and I couldn't be more excited that we were able to coordinate things with them... they've done literally all of my bridesmaids weddings as well (once one girl used them, the rest of us followed suite after seeing how great they did!), so it is nice to have that consistency as well- almost everyone at the wedding knows them, so it makes it that much more fun. :-)

PHEW! Next up... waiting for final RSVP's and making our final payment (RSVP's due Nov 15th, payment due Nov 30th).... then I can go back to trying to figure out the finishing touches like decorations, flowers and centerpieces. :-) cheers.gif

So happy to hear you found your photographer. It is always such a difficult and expensive task. :)

Paid in full!!!! YAY!!!

Let's all have a drink and celebrate that phrase!!!

shots.gif 

You are so close.....I bet you are beyond excited!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures!!

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

well ladies, I got my spreadsheet and we are officially paid in full! now let's go to Mexico... t minus 11 days.

woot.gifcheers.gif

I'm so glad someone else mentioned glow sticks!!! I just stocked up on pink and blue ones and while I was at it I got myself a pink glow stick wand, after all I am the queen that day!! 1-pray.gif

Hahahaha, at least that's my story!!

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Make it a relaxed, casual thing! Do it by the lake, but make sure it's just burgers and beer, etc. Maybe make it an "all white party" to have a little fun? Have a few photo books around so people can see the wedding photos, and maybe a laptop with a video or slideshow running. We did a casual cocktail hour (2 hours) and yes, I wore my dress! People loved it. And yes, some brought gifts, but  most just came out to celebrate with us. And I don't think you should be worried about who to invite. People may not have attended the wedding for cost factors, but would love to be included closer to home!

700This is our RSVP card (for the DW ), but you might be able to play with the wording...

Most people will dance, since it's a relaxed environment. But I love the suggestion from another bride- get song requests! That way there is something for everyone. And if you think glowsticks will make the party, buy some at Micheal's craft store and have them available for after dinner to get the party started!

So happy to hear you found your photographer. It is always such a difficult and expensive task. :)

This time next week we'll be on the plane!!! I got really emotional on the way into work this morning - heard the song that I'm going to dance to with my dad. Talk about reality...

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

Paid in full!!!! YAY!!!

Let's all have a drink and celebrate that phrase!!!

shots.gif 

You are so close.....I bet you are beyond excited!! I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures!!

ok I love the wand for you - PERFECT and fun!!! I need one too lol

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

I'm so glad someone else mentioned glow sticks!!! I just stocked up on pink and blue ones and while I was at it I got myself a pink glow stick wand, after all I am the queen that day!! 1-pray.gif

Hahahaha, at least that's my story!!

Hi El Dorado Royale Brides, TA Wendy here from the forum and Wright Travel Agency.. It sounds like a couple of you are just about ready to go, and I bet you are very excited! I just wanted to mention that next week Karisma Resorts is celebrating their top Travel Agents on site at El Dorado Royale, and I will be attending representing us for Wright Travel. I will be on site at The El Dorado Royale from Oct 30-3Nov, and if I can be of any assistance to any of you future brides while I am onsite it would be my pleasure. If you need anything photographed or I can get any questions answered for you I would be happy to offer my services!

We at BDW and Wright Travel Agency are proud to be top agents for Karisma Resorts, and as such we can often offer the couples we work with some extras such as room upgrades, romantic dinners on the beach and such when you book your group through us.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to future brides!

You can PM me here on the forum or contact me directly at wendy@wrighttravelagency.com.

Best wishes to all,

TA Wendy Hicks

yeah and let me just selfishly say how un-thrilled I am about this. I've heard service nightmares from other EDR guests who have been there when there's a huge group like this. And I'm betting it means the GIVC group will have the upgrades, and not my guests (or ME!). I'm hoping bridezilla doesn't have to make an appearance to get everything taken care of as it should be.

On the upside, my own TA is joining us because of this. Still...ugh..added stress...

Originally Posted by TA Wendy View Post

I just wanted to mention that next week Karisma Resorts is celebrating their top Travel Agents on site at El Dorado Royale.