El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

ok, take a deep breath!! it'll all work out...

we talked to most of our guests about a year out from our wedding. we sent out electronic STDs and make your deposits about 11 months prior to our date - it wasn't ideal, as we only had a short window to get those deposits down and hold the room block for the discounts we got. But it worked and we got everyone booked. The initial deposit was $50pp, non refundable.

We have a website which has all of the details on cost, travel agent, resort info, etc. We put the website on the STD, and directed everyone there for more info.

Formal invites weren't absolutely necessary, but I wanted them b/c I had to do an electronic STD. we also needed to get everyone's entree selection for the private dinner/reception, and RSVPs for the welcome dinner at Cocotal. I sent these out in late July, with a September 1 due date (and got most of them back from our "yes" guests, and a few back from our "no" invitees).

make lists, and start checking things off. prioritize the things that matter most to you, and let go of some of the small things. No matter what, your wedding will be amazing!! oh yeah, and take another deep breath!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

BangHead.gif This is how I feel right now.....like I have so many decisions to make and things that need to be done and I just don't know where to begin. I think I asked this before of all of you, but how far in advance are you sending out invites and are you sending out a reminder after that or is the invite it? I'm a hot mess right now!!!

Natalia sent me the link to their DJ videos if you want to check them out:  http://www.weddingsbylomastravel.com/gallery/video.php?category_video=Dj_Music

I believe these are DJ All Music with all the lights and such... 

Originally Posted by chiquita8302 View Post

That was from their weddingsbylomas website. No outside vendor fee for that- it is the approved list. (Mega DJ and DJ All music are the only 2 approved DJ's I can see). And I agree, I wouldn't want them to pay more than they have to either! Maybe you can see if mega DJ is available instead?

Awww! You're tan and beautiful and I love it!!! So glad you had no regrets! :)

P.S. I'm sold on the chair decorations now... I like the natural color!!! Add that to my to-do list! ;-)

Originally Posted by ONEILL12 View Post

Hey ladies! I'm saddened to report that we're back home sad.gif. Our ten days in paradise went by way too quickly! We had the most amazing time there and have no regrets on choosing EDR! We can't wait to go back for our anniversary next year! I promise to write up a big review this week after I get settled back into my normal routine, but I'll share some of our pictures with you in the meantime!

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

ok, take a deep breath!! it'll all work out...

we talked to most of our guests about a year out from our wedding. we sent out electronic STDs and make your deposits about 11 months prior to our date - it wasn't ideal, as we only had a short window to get those deposits down and hold the room block for the discounts we got. But it worked and we got everyone booked. The initial deposit was $50pp, non refundable.

We have a website which has all of the details on cost, travel agent, resort info, etc. We put the website on the STD, and directed everyone there for more info.

Formal invites weren't absolutely necessary, but I wanted them b/c I had to do an electronic STD. we also needed to get everyone's entree selection for the private dinner/reception, and RSVPs for the welcome dinner at Cocotal. I sent these out in late July, with a September 1 due date (and got most of them back from our "yes" guests, and a few back from our "no" invitees).

make lists, and start checking things off. prioritize the things that matter most to you, and let go of some of the small things. No matter what, your wedding will be amazing!! oh yeah, and take another deep breath!

Quote:

Thanks Allie!!! Your message helped a ton.....I finally got control and that overwhelming feeling of impending doom is gone! flypig.gif

I have found an invitation I like and have decided against going with a DIY. After comparing the costs, this was much cheaper and I really like the ones I picked.  Should be getting the sample early next week and will post a pic.

I also picked out the MOH dress and she ordered it....$26 from Lulu's....very cute and tropical and she can wear again!!

Found some decorations I like and the bouquet, so now just to work out the details of those.

I feel so much better!!

Thanks again for the support!! Crazy how you can feel so overwhelmed!!

Have fun! I keep telling my husband that I cant wait until we go back for our 1 year anniversary! I think we are leaning towards going to another resort in the Karisma chain just to switch things up and I have already been to EDR twice, so we thought we would go to either El Dorado Moroma or Seaside instead.

Originally Posted by Beekmanbride View Post

I'm excited to get back to EDR next Saturday for our 1st Anniversary trip!!! Not one of you will regret getting married at this paradise on Earth!!

Love the Tucanes Pictures, I am having my private reception there also. Did you add the round colored lanterns as extras or were they included? If you added them, do you mind me asking how much they were. Also, did you have a DJ? I see that a lot of people chose Gazebo 55, is it supposed to be the best? 

New to this site so if I'm doing this wrong someone please tell me :

Thanks!! 

ok ladies, I leave 4 weeks from tomorrow. Right now I'm dealing with a dress crisis, as the shop shortened my train without my knowledge much less consent. I'm furious about it. I'm meeting with the shop owner tonight to discuss further. The reality is it looks fine the way it is, but the point is my train is much shorter, and is no longer a chapel length train - I bought a dress with a chapel train. So we'll see what happens. Not at all looking forward to the confrontation.

I sent nearly all of my decorations (sashes, paper lanterns, table runners, shells, basket) home with my mom, so that's 1 suitcase of "stuff" packed.

Hope everyone is doing well!