El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by ONEILL12 View Post

We leave at 6:30 Wednesday morning !    woot.gif

mstigger- It's too bad you won't be there this Saturday, you could come watch our ceremony! We'll be there until the 21st too, maybe we'll run into each other. We'll be staying in a casita, but we do have guests staying on the royale side. We've been counting down this trip for many months so if you see a rowdy crowd from Indiana having a good time, that may be us :)

After having my first dress ruined in alterations, I bought my second dress and I am happy to say that it now fits just the way I hoped it would!

My to-do list seems to be growing even as I check items off of it! We still have to pick our ceremony music, finish packing, and run last minute errands. I almost don't want Wednesday to get here because I know that our time at EDR will go so quickly once we arrive sad.gif

YAY!!!!! Congrats!!

Oh, it would have been awesome to see your ceremony!! Hopefully we will run into you while we are there.

Good luck with your last minute errands and have a wonderfully, fabulous time!! Hope to see you there! smile123.gif

Allie H- we got upgraded for free to for the swim up, that is awesome, then she called an asked what room we were in and they gave us a coupon to be in the infinity, but we chose to do the swim up. plus if you have a few who would want to walk those stairs up to the room, so worth it and enjoy it. It's just so nice to swim to the bar and the convince of the bathroom in your room, i loved it. :)

oneill12- Have fun and enjoy every minute of it, i can't wait to see some pictures when you get back, i know they will turn out amazing since you are using Sarani, you will have fun with her she makes you feel relaxed. Best wishes and safe travels!!!! :)

I figured we'd get an upgrade, but I didn't want to hope for it from the resort. I would certainly prefer the swim up to the 2nd floor infinity pool suites though. I wouldn't be upset if we got an infinity swim up, but I think that'd be pushing it lol 

Originally Posted by amanda50388 View Post

Allie H- we got upgraded for free to for the swim up, that is awesome, then she called an asked what room we were in and they gave us a coupon to be in the infinity, but we chose to do the swim up. plus if you have a few who would want to walk those stairs up to the room, so worth it and enjoy it. It's just so nice to swim to the bar and the convince of the bathroom in your room, i loved it. :)

I think we were upgraded originally, but when we checked in, we asked to be put in a Casitas that was close to the regular side of the resort, so we would be closer to our guests... so they did, but I think at the expense of giving us a regular casitas angry.gif

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

I figured we'd get an upgrade, but I didn't want to hope for it from the resort. I would certainly prefer the swim up to the 2nd floor infinity pool suites though. I wouldn't be upset if we got an infinity swim up, but I think that'd be pushing it lol 

I noticed that the swim up casitas are on the far end. I told my fiance to be prepared to walk a lot! (I know they have the golf cart/shuttles around the property too).

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

I think we were upgraded originally, but when we checked in, we asked to be put in a Casitas that was close to the regular side of the resort, so we would be closer to our guests... so they did, but I think at the expense of giving us a regular casitas angry.gif

I think a swim up casitas or infinity edge casitas would be great for a honyemoon, but we really didnt spend any time at our room except to showerand sleep. We with our guests at the pool or beach during the day, so I cant imagine we would have used it much.

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

I noticed that the swim up casitas are on the far end. I told my fiance to be prepared to walk a lot! (I know they have the golf cart/shuttles around the property too).

We used wedding wire for our website - they also have RSVPs and such available. I didn't use that function, but overall the website has been super easy to use.

I started to set up a Lomas website as a "honeymoon registry", but didn't get very far. Sorry!!

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

Did anyone happen to use the wedding website provided by Lomas for your RSVP's?

I'm not sending out traditional invitations and just wondering how well it worked if you used the site for RSVP's.

Thanks!!

Allie H- We used our swim up a lot, our guests came by us and we came by them. The day of our wedding us girls used it it was nice. The walking part and shuttles were not that long of a wait, so everything for us worked out smoothly. I just loved the feeling after being married and feeling some what private away from our guests though we did see them every day. Just nice privacy.

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

We used DJ Doremixx as well, though he isnt on the approved vendors list, he is still cheaper than their approved DJs even with the $800 outside vendor fee.

I have to say, I was a little disappointed with how our DJ services went. Perhaps it was because I went in to it expecting a lot after reading all the reviews, but our onsite WC even mentioned that he was not at all helpful with helping with the flow and schedule of the reception. We specifically asked for Sinatra/Louis Armstrong type music during the meal and I believe they played maybe 2 songs in that genre, then random music that included Justin Beiber and radio pop music came on... ??? Our best man had to go over and ask him to play what we requested and he told the best man that he did play what we requested.

I provided him with the spreadsheet of requested songs and do not plays (however a do not play "I like big butts" was played... UGH!) but it just seemed like I kept having to ask him to play things or to do specific things that were clearly outlined in the spreadsheet as to what times we wanted to do certain things. I put the schedule in his hands and the WCs hands and I was bombarded all night with questions about when we wanted to do things. It got to be quite annoying and guests even noticed that I seemed to have to run the whole reception.

I think it really depends on what DJ you get from the company. We requested Ivan, the owner, thinking he would be the best, but I have noticed that several people who had great experiences had another DJ from teh same company. MsBrit, what specific DJ did you have?

I actually can't remember his name. We need to e-mail Ivan to find out because we really enjoyed him. He was a younger guy. We did have to somewhat decide when to do the bouquet toss/first dance/etc., but we liked the flexibility of deciding when seemed to be a good time for us. We just had my sister-in-law run up and tell him when we were ready to do a certain event. Granted, we did our dinner playlist, right into the first dance/mother-son/father-daughter dances, so we really just had to tell him when to do the bouquet toss and everything else was pretty scripted.