El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Yay!! Congrats!!

Our schedule was:

6:30 - Bridal party enters, followed by my husband and I

6:35 - First dance

6:45 - Dinner was served

6:55 - Toasts (during the salad course)

7:25 - Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance (we did this at the same time)

7:30 - Dancing/party begins

I didn't bring a second dress, but I was so hot and over being in my dress at the reception, that I ended up running to my room to change into casual a maxi dress. If you are staying in the regular side of the resort, this is feasible. If you are staying in the Casitas side, it's bit of a hike. If you are on the Casitas side and you really want to change, maybe see if the wedding planner can have a shuttle take you there and back or even give her (the wedding coordinator) the change of clothes ahead of time and maybe you could change in the bathroom or in another guests room which is closer... BTW - the public bathrooms around the resort are nice - they aren't gross or dirty - so it wouldn't be super gross if you had to change in there. :)

Originally Posted by heydenay View Post

Hey everyone....I'm leaving in 16 days!!!! So excited.

For those who already had their wedding...

what was your schedule for the reception....

I only have 20 people coming down.. not sure if I should just do our intro (minus bridal party) and toasts then eat...

Also Did anyone have a second dress...and when did you change? I have an "at home reception" two days after I get back and cannot ruin my dress. So I bought a second one and was planning on changing mid way through the dancing portion of the reception.

Just not sure of the logistics!

Thanks Denay

great post Nikki!! and I love your pics.

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

Hey Ladies!

I wrote a guest blog post about my experiences planning a DW and thought I'd post it here:

http://romanceinaglance.blogspot.com/2012/07/paradise-wedding.html

Well I stumbled on to this site while I was searching for pink starfish ribbon!!! So glad that I did........I am getting married at EDR April 21, 2013.

Soooo excited!! Just dropped my save the dates in the mail today. Has anyone just done the dinner that comes with the package rather than an actual reception? That's what we have opted for, but I'm just not sure about it. I guess the good thing is that we are going to visit in September....it was a spur of the moment decision, but we are going Sept 16-21 for a quick get away and to check things out. Right now we have the Fuentes Gazebo booked for the ceremony, but I am just so uncertain on everything.....anyone else feel like that at first?

hi MsTigger!! welcome to the group.

We decided to host a private dinner for our group, and we're using the dinner that comes with the package as our welcome dinner. What I've heard is that it isn't private, so you're in the restaurant with other folks. They do make you narrow down the menu to 1 choice of starter (soup, salad or appetizer), 2 entrees and 1 dessert.

I think you'll get a better feel for it after your site visit, to determine if that's the right choice for your group. (there are no wrong answers, just what works for you!). You'll still have plenty of time to decide on another option if you want to go in a different direction.

And yes, I was major uncertain and freaked out for a while about the choices, the prices (ok, these still bug me sometimes), and trying to get everything planned. Ask Jill - I wigged out for about a month. I'm back down to earth now, just trying to take it as it comes, and not over-stress about things.

Good luck with your planning!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

Well I stumbled on to this site while I was searching for pink starfish ribbon!!! So glad that I did........I am getting married at EDR April 21, 2013.

Soooo excited!! Just dropped my save the dates in the mail today. Has anyone just done the dinner that comes with the package rather than an actual reception? That's what we have opted for, but I'm just not sure about it. I guess the good thing is that we are going to visit in September....it was a spur of the moment decision, but we are going Sept 16-21 for a quick get away and to check things out. Right now we have the Fuentes Gazebo booked for the ceremony, but I am just so uncertain on everything.....anyone else feel like that at first?

Welcome!! This board has been such a great resource for me too! It's so great to have the other brides on here. Like Allie said we all freak out at some point! I had to rant to Allie for awhile on a lot of things that set me into a tizzy but have calmed down for the most part. I have changed my mind so many times and the great thing is that it's totally OKAY! I started off with one vision and have completely morphed that vision into something different. At first I was going to use the private dinner at Cocotal as my reception and then just have a cocktail party afterwards. But when I ran the numbers it was cheaper for me to go with a set menu dinner and get 4 hours of reception time than 2 hours of cocktail hour time. I felt so stupid because I kind of made a huge ordeal (during one of my many meltdowns) with my WC how I did not want to PAY for a private dinner at an AI when one was included but when I really stopped to think about it it made more sense both for what was important to me and budget wise. My biggest thing was keeping somewhat traditional. I still wanted to have the bride/groom first dance and the father daughter dance and this way I can still do that. Our party is very small (15 people) so we didnt do the dj thing. One of the groomsmen is going to dj the iPod for us. The great thing about this place is you can do so many different things. Like Allie said as long as its right for you that's all that matters. It's totally okay to feel uncertain about things and you are going to change your mind about a billion times but you're totally allowed to do that. This is your day and you get to do whatever you want! Congrats and welcome to the group!

Well I stumbled on to this site while I was searching for pink starfish ribbon!!! So glad that I did........I am getting married at EDR April 21, 2013. Soooo excited!! Just dropped my save the dates in the mail today. Has anyone just done the dinner that comes with the package rather than an actual reception? That's what we have opted for, but I'm just not sure about it. I guess the good thing is that we are going to visit in September....it was a spur of the moment decision, but we are going Sept 16-21 for a quick get away and to check things out. Right now we have the Fuentes Gazebo booked for the ceremony, but I am just so uncertain on everything.....anyone else feel like that at first?

Hello, ladies!

It's been awhile since I've been on these boards - hubby and I got married October 29, 2010 at EDR - best choice we EVER made!

We are actually going back in two weeks for a mini vacation and I thought I'd offer my fine photography skills to any of you who might be panicking about certain areas or details. I know that one of my hugest concerns when planning was that I didn't know what anything looked like and there were limited photos on the web. I would have loved to have an insider down there to help me scout it out.

If any of you need pictures/information/anything at all, please let me know! I'll be there from July 27-30th.

Catherine

Hey Catherine! I too am getting married in October. My biggest concern is the weather. How was it when you were there? It's so sweet of you to offer to take some pics. I'm having my reception at the Chapel Terrace. I believe this is the area by the chapel in the sand. Would you mind getting some pics of this area so I can visualize a bit more? This is kind of for anyone one who has been there but I heard there is a fire dancing show. Is this true? If so, is it a weekly event? My FI is so excited to see this if that's the case. Also, I read somewhere (maybe on here?) that the resort uses salt water as water for its showers an does not have conditioner. Any truth to this? And I just thought about this but I have blonde hair and I'm very leery of chlorine. Any ladies with blonde hair have their hair turn green at the resort? I had a very bad past experience about 8 years ago where my hair turned bright green immediately after going in a chlorinated hot tub and have never put my hair in chlorine ever since! Thanks Catherine for offering up your services!