El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Murmel,

I saw that you got married at Azul Sensatori. How does it compare to EDR?

I know kids are allowed at the Azul resorts, but I thought I read something about there being an adults only section to the resort. Is this true?

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Stina- Stunning photos! And great colours :)

By the way I finally sent you the photos (I sent them from my hotmail account, so you may need to check your junk folder)

Beautiful photos! Love the one of you in the door frame. It is just a beautiful silhouette. And the one of the two of you standing on the rocky edge by the water....LOVE it!

Here is a link to the short video clip and preview of our wedding pictures from Sarani Weddings:  http://saraniweddingsblog.com/2012/06/08/brittani-travis-cancun-destination-wedding/

James (our photographer) and Clara (our videographer) were amazing to work with. They were so creative with their shots, and we had a lot of fun doing all of the pictures after the wedding. As you can see, they came out beautifully. I just adore the video and am able to share it with all of our friends and family who could not attend. The montage of clips and sounds really captures the feel the wedding day had.

I'm almost done with our review of everything else! We had such a wonderful time, and (almost) everything went incredibly well for us. It rained the day before and the day after our wedding (and a little bit during our reception), but it was just cool enough that no one got too hot at our outdoor wedding or reception.

I really can't recommend the destination wedding route (particularly at EDR) enough. Everything was so beautiful, and our friends and family were just raving about how much fun they had.

Originally Posted by heydenay View Post

Also For the ladies that have gone.....what did you do about transportation to the ceremony site for the bridal party? How early were you allowed to visit the reception/ceremony sites to "Set up" stuff on the tables and such

As for transportation - your WC shows up to your room (or wherever you decide to get ready) to pick up you and two others. The other girls in my room just went over to the concierge who rung for a couple large shuttles to come pick the girls and the photographer/videographer up to take them to the site ahead of them.  The WC also coordinated with the other shuttles to be sure all of my guests had arrived at the site before we headed over, as my grandparents were having trouble getting a shuttle from their room.

Set-up - Our reception was set up an hour prior to the reception. This allowed my family plenty of time to get our table settings out and set up our picture station for the guestbook. (We bought a new Polaroid camera so that people could take a picture of themselves at the reception, tape it into our scrapbook/guestbook and sign next to it with whatever well wishes they might have for us. It worked out really great! The extra shots from the leftover film ended up being some of the best pictures of the night!)

Originally Posted by heydenay View Post

Also For the ladies that have gone.....what did you do about transportation to the ceremony site for the bridal party? How early were you allowed to visit the reception/ceremony sites to "Set up" stuff on the tables and such

As for transportation - your WC shows up to your room (or wherever you decide to get ready) to pick up you and two others. The other girls in my room just went over to the concierge who rung for a couple large shuttles to come pick the girls and the photographer/videographer up to take them to the site ahead of them.  The WC also coordinated with the other shuttles to be sure all of my guests had arrived at the site before we headed over, as my grandparents were having trouble getting a shuttle from their room.

Set-up - Our reception was set up an hour prior to the reception. This allowed my family plenty of time to get our table settings out and set up our picture station for the guestbook. (We bought a new Polaroid camera so that people could take a picture of themselves at the reception, tape it into our scrapbook/guestbook and sign next to it with whatever well wishes they might have for us. It worked out really great! The extra shots from the leftover film ended up being some of the best pictures of the night!)

msbritbrit57- We used Sarani weddings as well, there amazing!!!! Your pictures turned out so beautiful, were in the works of her putting together are wedding album, can't wait to get it. :)

Originally Posted by msbritbrit57 View Post

Here is a link to the short video clip and preview of our wedding pictures from Sarani Weddings:  http://saraniweddingsblog.com/2012/06/08/brittani-travis-cancun-destination-wedding/

James (our photographer) and Clara (our videographer) were amazing to work with. They were so creative with their shots, and we had a lot of fun doing all of the pictures after the wedding. As you can see, they came out beautifully. I just adore the video and am able to share it with all of our friends and family who could not attend. The montage of clips and sounds really captures the feel the wedding day had.

I'm almost done with our review of everything else! We had such a wonderful time, and (almost) everything went incredibly well for us. It rained the day before and the day after our wedding (and a little bit during our reception), but it was just cool enough that no one got too hot at our outdoor wedding or reception.

I really can't recommend the destination wedding route (particularly at EDR) enough. Everything was so beautiful, and our friends and family were just raving about how much fun they had.

Nikki - I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. will be thinking about you both! 

Brittani - loved your video sneak and pics. GORGEOUS! 

Jill - how's everything going girl? Has Natalia gotten you the answers you needed regarding the dinner? 

Everything is ok here. Work is crazy, plus I'm studying for an test as part of an industry designation. Because I procrastinated, I'm slamming a college course's worth of studying into 3 weeks. Good times..

I ordered our favors today, and also booked our airfare. We're officially going to be at EDR for 10 nights - 10/31 - 11/10. I'm ready!!! 

Hope everyone else is doing well! 

We are trying to plan are next trip to Mexico in October and I was wondering if anyone else has stayed some where other than the karisma resorts and have liked any of those? We have toured a couple before we picked the El Dorado Royale for our wedding, but I was just wondering if you guys have a preference or have anything to suggest. Thanks, :)

A friend of mine highly recommended Secrets Maroma. 

Originally Posted by amanda50388 View Post

We are trying to plan are next trip to Mexico in October and I was wondering if anyone else has stayed some where other than the karisma resorts and have liked any of those? We have toured a couple before we picked the El Dorado Royale for our wedding, but I was just wondering if you guys have a preference or have anything to suggest. Thanks, :)