El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

It appears as if Valeria is checking her emails while away as she sent me back an email letting me know she would update my spreadsheet today and answer all of my questions later this evening. Phew! wacko.gif

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

It appears as if Valeria is checking her emails while away as she sent me back an email letting me know she would update my spreadsheet today and answer all of my questions later this evening. Phew! wacko.gif

That's good to hear. I would be fuming as well!

So this is sorta off topic, but I need a place to let this out...

My childhood dog is 14 and lives with my fiance and I, well late last night, she started having really bad issues, like she can barely walk and her eyes are dart back and forth... It could be something that she will just get over (Vestibular syndrome- an inner ear thing common in older dogs) or it could be something else. I am so busy with wedding stuff and work this week and my fiance is out of town for work, so I have just been trying to monitor her, but she seemed better this morning and much worse when I got home from work. She has an appointment with the vet this Saturday but I am so nervous to leave her in the care of our dog sitter because if she gets worse and maybe even passes while I am away, I will feel so guilty she had to go through everything on her own. I also dont want to put my dog sitter in a terrible position either... I dont know what to do, but it is making me way more anxious and sick to my stomach than normal circumstances one should be having a week before they leave for their wedding. With her being so old, every time she gets sick, I wonder if it's going to be "the time". cry.gif

That sucks.  I'm so sorry you have to worry about this on top of everything.  Super important not to let the stress get to you though, you don't want to make yourself sick.  Last week I had my thesis due on Wednesday, and the stress of meeting that deadline made me come down with a whole respiratory infection... there's a lot of sinus/strep type things going around right now... and That's the last thing you want the week of your wedding.  Lots of sleep and vitamins.  Every time it feels like the world is spinning crazy I close my eyes and picture the beach.  cheesy.gif  you're leaving so soon.. and that's awesome!

My childhood dog is 14 and lives with my fiance and I, well late last night, she started having really bad issues, like she can barely walk and her eyes are dart back and forth... It could be something that she will just get over (Vestibular syndrome- an inner ear thing common in older dogs) or it could be something else. I am so busy with wedding stuff and work this week and my fiance is out of town for work, so I have just been trying to monitor her, but she seemed better this morning and much worse when I got home from work. She has an appointment with the vet this Saturday but I am so nervous to leave her in the care of our dog sitter because if she gets worse and maybe even passes while I am away, I will feel so guilty she had to go through everything on her own. I also dont want to put my dog sitter in a terrible position either... I dont know what to do, but it is making me way more anxious and sick to my stomach than normal circumstances one should be having a week before they leave for their wedding. With her being so old, every time she gets sick, I wonder if it's going to be "the time". cry.gif

this one is good news. whew. 

this one? it sucks. I'm sorry - I know what it's like to be worried about the older dog, and the "is it time" question. tied in with the "we're leaving for our wedding" question... Take one day at a time, and talk with your vet honestly on Saturday about what's going on. My old girl also had the vestibular syndrome, and she went through the geriatric wasting as well. So I've been there and it's awful, no matter what. See what your vet says, and then talk to your dog sitter too. I would be honest about the "what if" question for your dog sitter - if something should happen, how do you want him/her to handle, and talk with the vet he/she would take your dog to while you're gone about your preferences. 

it just sucks, and I'm sorry you're having to face this, especially at this time. 

So I have been dosing her with dramamine to stop the dizziness and off balance-ness and *knock on wood* she seems to be doing much better this morning! Let's hope she continues improving!

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

this one is good news. whew. 

this one? it sucks. I'm sorry - I know what it's like to be worried about the older dog, and the "is it time" question. tied in with the "we're leaving for our wedding" question... Take one day at a time, and talk with your vet honestly on Saturday about what's going on. My old girl also had the vestibular syndrome, and she went through the geriatric wasting as well. So I've been there and it's awful, no matter what. See what your vet says, and then talk to your dog sitter too. I would be honest about the "what if" question for your dog sitter - if something should happen, how do you want him/her to handle, and talk with the vet he/she would take your dog to while you're gone about your preferences. 

it just sucks, and I'm sorry you're having to face this, especially at this time. 

I'm so glad to hear this!! I will keep her in my thoughts, and hope for the best.

So I have been dosing her with dramamine to stop the dizziness and off balance-ness and *knock on wood* she seems to be doing much better this morning! Let's hope she continues improving!

@the wolferts- So sorry to hear that but I'm so glad she seems to be doing a bit better. I have 3 dogs and one of them is getting up there in age. I was worrying how her health will be in October. I hope your baby keeps getting better and the vet appt goes well. Keeping my fingers crossed for her!

Thanks for everyone's well wishes! I'm hoping that by the time we leave, she is back to her old self again!

So I still have a few things I need to do between now and Saturday huh.gif *eeks!*

• Write welcome letter: my fiance gave a stab at this one... needless to say, it needs some tweaking LOL
  • Pack OOT bag items: this is is making me nervous. I feel like I kept things to a minimum, but all of the stuff is sitting on our dining room table and I cant bring myself to start packing it because I dont want to know how many bags its going to take!
  • Finish pulling together the rehearsal dinner and cocktail hour playlists: shouldnt be too difficult
  • Put ceremony music in order on iPod
  • Put together our sand dollar ornament place cards: I just need to match up the colored ribbon with the meal the guest ordered then put the ribbon through all of the sand dollars
  • Burn cd to give to videographer
  • Print off important Lomas correspondence emails
  • Finish up wedding party wedding day schedule
  • Write send off email: we are going to send an email out Saturday evening to our guests (most arent coming down until Tuesday or Wednesday) with last minute reminders and well wishes
  • Write vows: I think I have a pretty good idea of what I want to say, but I just need to write it all out. I am a big quote person, so I think I am going to use a quote or two that expresses how I feel and then enhance it a bit. I dont think my fiance's will all that long or in depth (he's not a natural romantic, but he tries in his own cute ways)

Also, completely off topic but is anyone doing a pre-wedding boudoir photo shoot?

Thanks, Stina... Last week of Feb 2013... we're still trying to finalize what day of that week will be best. I have to decide pretty much this week so we can get everything finalized and our rates under contract and get the invitations out. It's been so much harder to decide on everything than I thought!!

Sounds like you girls have a ton going on... sorry to hear about your Pup, TheWolferts. We have 2 dogs and one of them is older as well... I don't even know what I would do in that situation. So hard. I hope you're able to find a solution that will allow you to try to relax and focus on your upcoming wedding!