El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

those are so cool!!!!! 

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

My mom is painting our OOT bags and she just finished them... here they are! (sorry for the sideways pics!)

OOTbag.jpg

Thanks! I found a great site to get OOT bags for a low price with great quality. http://search.store.yahoo.net/igreetu/cgi-bin/nsearch?catalog=igreetu&query=tote+bag&.autodone=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ingreetings.com%2Fnsearch.html

Because she had to do so many (about 25), she hand painted the brush strokes in the blue and aqua on all the bags, then she drew the nautilus and created a stencil so she could just place the stencil over each bag to get the same design. She used a sponge and some white paint to create paint the design on each. Michael's probably has some great stencils to do something similar. It ended up only taking her a couple of hours once she created a design my fiance and I both liked.

Originally Posted by dominiqueamber View Post

I love that design! She's very talented! Now I want new bags so I can paint them!

For any brides that have already gotten married at EDR... did you tip? I know it isnt required but its a nice gesture and you can tell they appreciate the tip because they tend to be more open to helping you and go above and beyond to make you happy. I was at EDR in 2010 with a friend that was ordering a bunch of complicated-to-make shots at the "Swing Bar" and she wasnt tipping. An hour, she asked for a cup of water and she was sick for the next 3 days! I think the bartender got a little pissed off and slipped her something because we ate and drank the same things except for that one glass of water!

So keeping that in mind and the fact that I appreciate good service, we plan on tipping, but I wasnt sure how much and to whom would be appropriate. I saw some threads on DW board, but I was hoping to find some pointers specifically for tipping at EDR. I read that some people will offer a larger tip at the beginning of the week, rather than dishing out tips at every meal/drink/room service etc.

For brides getting married at EDR soon, what are your thoughts on tipping?

11 more days until we leave! pinkie.gif

I've been wondering the same thing. And how much do you tip and who do you tip? I'll be interested to see what Stina says when she comes back. My FI is set on not tipping since its an AI but I think I'll just tip anyway. It won't hurt anything that's for sure!

For brides getting married at EDR soon, what are your thoughts on tipping?

11 more days until we leave! pinkie.gif

My fiance keeps asking me why we "have to tip." When I was there in 2010, I noticed that it was about 50/50 of people tipping versus not tipping. I think even a little something goes a long way and they probably dont get paid much base salary. As having been a cocktail waitress in NYC, we got paid next to nothing to be at work and only really made money off of tips.

I know it's customary wedding etiquette to tip your vendors, so in our case photographer (though she is a good friend of ours and is coming down with her husband, so I dont think she is expecting that), our videographer, and DJ.

I understand our fiances' thinking, it is an all inclusive which is nice that once you pay the fees up front, you dont have to bother with doling out yet more money, but I think it's a nice gesture and quite frankly, I am scared after what happened to my friend!

Originally Posted by Jillsepher View Post

I've been wondering the same thing. And how much do you tip and who do you tip? I'll be interested to see what Stina says when she comes back. My FI is set on not tipping since its an AI but I think I'll just tip anyway. It won't hurt anything that's for sure!

This is beautiful, and I agree that with lanterns it could be perfect for Tuscanes... I'm interested in hearing what you find out about it.  Ya know, cost wise and if they can do it there or not.

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

I'm not sure if I really want to drape the gazebo at all honestly. I've got two orange parasols that I'll use on it, and aqua & orange paper lanterns too. 

here's what I was referring to: 

wedding_ideas_76.jpg

I  just love how that changes the roof and makes it more like a tent. this is still set up for a ceremony, but I'd love to know if they can do that to tucanes for a reception. and how much it'd cost... lol that combined with the lanterns would be gorgeous. 

I agree this is beautiful, and with lanterns it would be perfect for Tuscanes.  I'm interested to hear what you find out about pricing and if they can even do it or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

I'm not sure if I really want to drape the gazebo at all honestly. I've got two orange parasols that I'll use on it, and aqua & orange paper lanterns too. 

here's what I was referring to: 

wedding_ideas_76.jpg

I  just love how that changes the roof and makes it more like a tent. this is still set up for a ceremony, but I'd love to know if they can do that to tucanes for a reception. and how much it'd cost... lol that combined with the lanterns would be gorgeous.