El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

I have Natalia as well, she has been great with me ever since my travel agent got in contact with Valeria her boss to tell her what is going on. I suggest talking to your travel agent (if you have one) and telling them to contact her on the issues you are having. Ever since then she has gotten back to us right away, in fact I just sent an e-mail Saturday and received one today. So shes actually keeping up and doing everything we have asked. 

Originally Posted by Jillsepher View Post

I have emailed my WC last week but no response yet. We were thinking a 6 o'clock time anyway since our ceremony is at 4 then the time it would take for pictures. I have no idea what the choices even are for it.
I hear you ladies talking about a signature drink. What is this?

AllieH-

I was shocked to hear a flat fee as well as I had seen that it would be about $5 per guest to set up at each event. When I asked her about that, she said that it was just their estimate, and that I will ony need to pay what she is quoting me. I will definitely be printing off those emails to take with, in case they try to change it up on me when we get down there! She did not try to feed me the"guests will get in the way of staff" line though and seemed fine with us possibly having a friend set up a few things.

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

Natalia told me the same thing about having one of my guests do the set up - "they'll interfere with the staff". I've just emailed her to ask what the set up would cost, along with renting vases for the centerpieces. we'll see if we can get a response from her. I have heard it's pretty standard to charge a fee to set up things. What I'd heard was it's a fee per person - so TheWolfort's providing flat fees is the first I've heard (and I'm going to use it as leverage!!). 

Stina - you aren't by chance having orange as one of your colors are you? 

I'm so sorry to hear he was laid off! that blows. I can meet you at Uncle Julio's ANY time for margaritas - just say the word. 

No it's Coral. I originaly did orange but changed it.

Girl, I might take you up on that!

I'm so sorry to hear he was laid off! that blows. I can meet you at Uncle Julio's ANY time for margaritas - just say the word. 

I'm June 30, 2012 :)

PS - I kept getting confused, so I put together a list of our EDR brides and their dates if you guys have them listed. Feel free to add yourself if you'd like!! 

Stina9562 – April 20, 2012

Amanda50388 – April 30, 2012

TheWolforts – May 12, 2012

ONEILL12 – September 15, 2012

Jillsepher – October 11, 2012

Allie H – November 5, 2012

so we have 3 coming up in the next month or so!!! 

This is really interesting. Valeria is charging me $5 per guest for the set up fee (for both the ceremony and reception). She just sent me the spreadsheet and confirmed that price. We have 30+ guests going so the fee is gong to be at least $150. I'm going to email her about your $60 total fee for the set up and see what she says. Why can't they keep things consistent? It seems shady that they are quoting different things to different people...

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

AllieH-

I was shocked to hear a flat fee as well as I had seen that it would be about $5 per guest to set up at each event. When I asked her about that, she said that it was just their estimate, and that I will ony need to pay what she is quoting me. I will definitely be printing off those emails to take with, in case they try to change it up on me when we get down there! She did not try to feed me the"guests will get in the way of staff" line though and seemed fine with us possibly having a friend set up a few things.

From what I remember, Valeria gave me the option of having our guests set up our decorations themselves. That's so weird that Natalia said the helpers would interfere with the workers... I think I remember reading previous posts on this thread where people said they had their family members set up the "outside decorations" they brought and there was no issue. Hopefully you can figure it all out!!

Natalia told me the same thing about having one of my guests do the set up - "they'll interfere with the staff". I've just emailed her to ask what the set up would cost, along with renting vases for the centerpieces. we'll see if we can get a response from her. I have heard it's pretty standard to charge a fee to set up things. What I'd heard was it's a fee per person - so TheWolfort's providing flat fees is the first I've heard (and I'm going to use it as leverage!!). 

It's just so silly that you had to even go that far. Working in the wedding industry especially as a WC you need to be on top of things. I will be contacting Valeria if this continues because with it being a DW I have no control from Seattle as to how things go in Mexico. Let me know what response you get from Natalia regarding a setup quote. Although with TheWolferts saying Valeria didn't seem to mind friends helping out and her being the boss I might just let it ride. I mean I'm talking 3-4 homemade small centerpieces and possibly some orange/blue marbles or something. Nothing big at all. Sorry to vent. I'm just a very organized, punctual person donuts irks me when others that are controlling my wedding aren't. Grrr! It will all work out though. And anywhere has got to be better than Seattle. I'm so done with the rain and snow. I need a margarita on the beach stat!!

I have Natalia as well, she has been great with me ever since my travel agent got in contact with Valeria her boss to tell her what is going on. I suggest talking to your travel agent (if you have one) and telling them to contact her on the issues you are having. Ever since then she has gotten back to us right away, in fact I just sent an e-mail Saturday and received one today. So shes actually keeping up and doing everything we have asked. 

Amanda- It's just so silly that you had to even go that far. Working in the wedding industry especially as a WC you need to be on top of things. I will be contacting Valeria if this continues because with it being a DW I have no control from Seattle as to how things go in Mexico. Let me know what response you get from Natalia regarding a setup quote. Although with TheWolferts saying Valeria didn't seem to mind friends helping out and her being the boss I might just let it ride. I mean I'm talking 3-4 homemade small centerpieces and possibly some orange/blue marbles or something. Nothing big at all. Sorry to vent. I'm just a very organized, punctual person and it irks me when others that are controlling my wedding aren't. Grrr! It will all work out though. And anywhere has got to be better than Seattle. I'm so done with the rain and snow. I need a margarita on the beach stat!!

*Fingers crossed* that she doesnt "reneg" on my fee she quoted!

The set up for our entire wedding day is $20 for ceremony, $20 for cocktail, $40 for reception and $150 set up fee for my rehearsal dinner... maybe because I am having them set up so much they are cutting me a break?

Originally Posted by ElDorado2012 View Post

This is really interesting. Valeria is charging me $5 per guest for the set up fee (for both the ceremony and reception). She just sent me the spreadsheet and confirmed that price. We have 30+ guests going so the fee is gong to be at least $150. I'm going to email her about your $60 total fee for the set up and see what she says. Why can't they keep things consistent? It seems shady that they are quoting different things to different people...

Amanda- It's just so silly that you had to even go that far. Working in the wedding industry especially as a WC you need to be on top of things. I will be contacting Valeria if this continues because with it being a DW I have no control from Seattle as to how things go in Mexico. Let me know what response you get from Natalia regarding a setup quote. Although with TheWolferts saying Valeria didn't seem to mind friends helping out and her being the boss I might just let it ride. I mean I'm talking 3-4 homemade small centerpieces and possibly some orange/blue marbles or something. Nothing big at all. Sorry to vent. I'm just a very organized, punctual person and it irks me when others that are controlling my wedding aren't. Grrr! It will all work out though. And anywhere has got to be better than Seattle. I'm so done with the rain and snow. I need a margarita on the beach stat!!