El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

I am like retarded at trying to post, so this better go through, lol. Good luck with getting the Casita, but I am sure you will. We got it because of having 15 rooms booked and then we also qualified for the free wedding package, so it was a win win all around. Well worth the money, lol. Hope you ladies planning continues to go smoothly. What our your ladies colors? 

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

Yes an upgrade to a swim up would be lovely! *fingers crossed*

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

I'm hoping we get upgraded to a swim up casita. 

So we've got 3 EDR brides in late April, early May?? Stina, Amanda and TheWolforts all within a few weeks. So excited for you ladies.

We booked 22 rooms, but I dont believe it was part of our package to get the upgrade. I will have to ask when we check in!

We booked using DestinationWeddings.com and are receiving the "Bride and Groom Stay "Free"" package, so that means we get a credit for the amount of the guest that stays the least amount of nights, i.e. even if 21 rooms of our guests stay in casitas for 7 nights, but we have one friend stay in a junior jacuzzi for 3 nights, we get the credit for them staying 3 nights...

We have to stay in a casitas in order to get the free wedding package, but as of now, i think we are in a regular casitas. To be honest, I am not sure that we will use it that much during our wedding week since we are the only people in our party that are staying in a casitas so we will likely be meeting everyone at the beach and main pool. We are hoping that they dont stick us in a casitas that is rediculously far away, especially since our guests are staying on the other side of the resort as it is.

Originally Posted by amanda50388 View Post

Yes so exciting, congrats to you ladies. Good Luck with getting the casita, we actually qualified for it because we had 15 rooms from our guests and then got a free wedding package. So worth the price.

We have the same thing you do. We had to book a casita for 7 nights to get the "free" wedding. which was fine, that's what we planned to do anyway. We have 21 rooms right now, but I think we have 1 or 2 people in a single for 3 nights - so that really cuts down on our credit. Ah well..whatever it is will be helpful. 

My Saturday morning entertainment is watching My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. Anyone else hooked on this? 

We booked 22 rooms, but I dont believe it was part of our package to get the upgrade. I will have to ask when we check in!

We booked using DestinationWeddings.com and are receiving the "Bride and Groom Stay "Free"" package, so that means we get a credit for the amount of the guest that stays the least amount of nights, i.e. even if 21 rooms of our guests stay in casitas for 7 nights, but we have one friend stay in a junior jacuzzi for 3 nights, we get the credit for them staying 3 nights...

We have to stay in a casitas in order to get the free wedding package, but as of now, i think we are in a regular casitas. To be honest, I am not sure that we will use it that much during our wedding week since we are the only people in our party that are staying in a casitas so we will likely be meeting everyone at the beach and main pool. We are hoping that they dont stick us in a casitas that is rediculously far away, especially since our guests are staying on the other side of the resort as it is.

Hello El Dorado Brides 2012!

First of all let me congratulate you for your wedding.

Having your wedding in the Riviera Maya will make your day even more special and beautiful.

At Blue Lens Caribe we love to share those unique moments with you and are willing to take picures that will always stay and remind you of the happiest day of your life.

We invite you to visit our blog to see some of our pictures on http://bluelenscaribe.com/blc/category/blue-lens-caribe-news/

Yeah we booked the casita because were going to be there a couple days before our guests arrive so it was something to do for ourselves. Looking forward to it all. What our you ladies doing for wedding favors? Were trying to decide on that right now......

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding is to funny, I can't believe their dresses and that there only 15 getting married, its interesting to watch and see the way they live their lives and do things for their weddings. 

We have the same thing you do. We had to book a casita for 7 nights to get the "free" wedding. which was fine, that's what we planned to do anyway. We have 21 rooms right now, but I think we have 1 or 2 people in a single for 3 nights - so that really cuts down on our credit. Ah well..whatever it is will be helpful. 

My Saturday morning entertainment is watching My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. Anyone else hooked on this? 

I haven't yet decided on a favor. Part of me would like to do something super easy & simple like a GC to the resort for folks to use at the spa, on an excursion, in the gift shop, whatever. The other part says we have to do something. I'd love to do some sort of travel mug, but those are going to be bulky to get down to Mexico for 45 people.

I'm thinking we're going to do handmade ornaments for everyone with our wedding info. I think we'd do the top shell as our ornament. We'd do wind chimes for our parents, and one set for us as well. Here's where I found these: 

http://www.theweddingdept.com/seashell-chime-favors.htm

seashell-chime.jpg

The other item I like is the starfish wine stopper. These are at Wedding Paper Divas http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/boutique/beaucoup/product/198/starfish_wine_bottle_stoppers.html

starfish-wine-stopper-500.jpg_width_430_height_430

both are somewhat inexpensive, so we might do both. 

MBFGW: Seriously - the girl today was 15, marrying a 20 year old who's been in and out of jail. wow. and those dresses are unbelievable. for the first communion and the wedding. the rest of their outfits are also shocking. 

Originally Posted by amanda50388 View Post

Yeah we booked the casita because were going to be there a couple days before our guests arrive so it was something to do for ourselves. Looking forward to it all. What our you ladies doing for wedding favors? Were trying to decide on that right now......

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding is to funny, I can't believe their dresses and that there only 15 getting married, its interesting to watch and see the way they live their lives and do things for their weddings. 

Hello fellow EDR brides! I was so excited to find a forum such as this. Finally (after 3 days of reading through all of these threads) have caught up to the latest post on here. WHEW! I'm getting married at EDR at Gazebo 55 on 10/11/12 (so I know my FI cannot forget our anniversary!)

It's been so incredibly helpful reading all of your tips and thoughts. We are having a very small wedding. Only 15-20 people. Originally started out with 30 + but as others have found, with the economy the way it is a ton of people can't come. 

Today was a VERY disappointing day to me. I had 3 BM's, 2 of which were my sisters and the other my BFF. My BFF has booked but both of my sisters cornered me today to tell me they can't make it. I have been booked at EDR since 07/2011 and they are NOW just telling me this. I think I gave them more than ample time to start saving and they STILL have time to keep saving and it broke my heart that they couldn't make something work. Very stressful day. So now I'm down to only one BM which is my MOH and my FI has 4 groomsmen. Yikes!

One concern I'm also having is the weather in October. Does anyone know how the weather is this time of year? I'm working with Natalia at Lomas and she is so NOT helpful. She rarely ever answers any of my emails so I've since began CC'ing my TA with all correspondence to her. It took her 3 months to get back to me just confirming my ceremony site. I hope the last 10 months are a preview of what her communication skills are going to be but I have a feeling I'm out of luck with this one...

Also, I was told by someone I couldn't take starfish into Mexico. Has anybody had issues with this?

Congrats to all of you ladies! Thanks so much for all of your insight. You have all given me ideas I never would have thought of. Thanks again ladies! Full speed ahead!!

Good ideas, I like the wine stopper idea, but still unsure yet what to do, lol. Were thinking koozies, might go with that idea, but we really need to decide soon because were running out of time, lol. 

Yes those dresses are crazy and I don't know why a 15 yr old would want to be getting married so young, just strange, very strange. lol. 

I haven't yet decided on a favor. Part of me would like to do something super easy & simple like a GC to the resort for folks to use at the spa, on an excursion, in the gift shop, whatever. The other part says we have to do something. I'd love to do some sort of travel mug, but those are going to be bulky to get down to Mexico for 45 people.

I'm thinking we're going to do handmade ornaments for everyone with our wedding info. I think we'd do the top shell as our ornament. We'd do wind chimes for our parents, and one set for us as well. Here's where I found these: 

http://www.theweddingdept.com/seashell-chime-favors.htm

seashell-chime.jpg

The other item I like is the starfish wine stopper. These are at Wedding Paper Divas http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/boutique/beaucoup/product/198/starfish_wine_bottle_stoppers.html

starfish-wine-stopper-500.jpg_width_430_height_430

both are somewhat inexpensive, so we might do both. 

MBFGW: Seriously - the girl today was 15, marrying a 20 year old who's been in and out of jail. wow. and those dresses are unbelievable. for the first communion and the wedding. the rest of their outfits are also shocking. 

Hillsepher-

Sorry to hear about your sisters not being able to make it. I think we have all had those heartaches where people you always thoought would be at your wedding, now cannot make it, especially when you have given them a lot of advanced notice. *hugs*

As for the starfish, I have told my WC Valeria at Lomas that we are bringing down starfish for our rehearsal, reception, and ceremony and she never mentioned us not being able to bring them into Mexico, so I think we are in the clear.

I was at EDR late September and the weather was great! Not too hot and when it did rain, it was for 20 minutes and then the sun came back out. It is hurricane season, so I guess it is possible to get some really bad weather, but think happy thoughts!

As for your issues with Natalia... maybe you could switch WCs? We are working with Valeria and she is great! Very well organized and usually gets back to my emails within a couple of days.

Originally Posted by Jillsepher View Post

Hello fellow EDR brides! I was so excited to find a forum such as this. Finally (after 3 days of reading through all of these threads) have caught up to the latest post on here. WHEW! I'm getting married at EDR at Gazebo 55 on 10/11/12 (so I know my FI cannot forget our anniversary!)

It's been so incredibly helpful reading all of your tips and thoughts. We are having a very small wedding. Only 15-20 people. Originally started out with 30 + but as others have found, with the economy the way it is a ton of people can't come. 

Today was a VERY disappointing day to me. I had 3 BM's, 2 of which were my sisters and the other my BFF. My BFF has booked but both of my sisters cornered me today to tell me they can't make it. I have been booked at EDR since 07/2011 and they are NOW just telling me this. I think I gave them more than ample time to start saving and they STILL have time to keep saving and it broke my heart that they couldn't make something work. Very stressful day. So now I'm down to only one BM which is my MOH and my FI has 4 groomsmen. Yikes!

One concern I'm also having is the weather in October. Does anyone know how the weather is this time of year? I'm working with Natalia at Lomas and she is so NOT helpful. She rarely ever answers any of my emails so I've since began CC'ing my TA with all correspondence to her. It took her 3 months to get back to me just confirming my ceremony site. I hope the last 10 months are a preview of what her communication skills are going to be but I have a feeling I'm out of luck with this one...

Also, I was told by someone I couldn't take starfish into Mexico. Has anybody had issues with this?

Congrats to all of you ladies! Thanks so much for all of your insight. You have all given me ideas I never would have thought of. Thanks again ladies! Full speed ahead!!

Originally Posted by Jillsepher View Post

First off, so sorry to hear about your sisters :( It is always really disappointing when things don't work out as we expect them too. And it's too bad that they don't want to try and make the effort to be there to support you. I was so grateful to find all the ladies on here, who are supportive and we have all gone through similiar situations.hug2.gif

As for the weather in October: we have been there once mid October and once end of October. (not at EDR specifically, but along the Mayan coast) Both times there was always the threat of hurrincanes and we even watched one pass by on the horizen. For the most part it's warm and breezy, comfortable in the evenings (you might want a light shawl for your shoulders). There are frequent rain showers, but usually they don't last long (15 minutes). I think if I remember correctly we likely had 3 quick showers in the daytime, and 2 nights that rain fell (over the week). You'll have a great time!