El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Great info - thanks Angi!! 

I can't tell you how helpful it is to hear from the past EDR brides - thank you SO MUCH for hanging around this thread and sharing!!! 

We were on a budget for our wedding and decided to go with the dinner at one of the Hotel's resturaunts but unfortunately they are all booked the night of my wedding. I was shocked by this, so now we are having a private reception and having to pay for dinner. I am a little confused by this becuase this should be included but instead I am having to pick dinners and worry about decorating an area. I don't mind paying money for dinner but the prices in decorations are a little outrageous. I was quoted $10 a vase. Do I get to keep the vase? Gees? I am a little shocked by this whole experience and just thought this would of been a lot cheaper. Valeria is helping me with questions but I am not to please with all the things that keep popping up!

We are getting married on the beach and I am wondering what Gazebo you chose or if you had one at all?

Hi Stina9562-

I too am a little peeved at the pricing for decorations, but our overall cost is still far less than what it would cost in the states, so I just keep telling myself not to worry about it and that we too are actually slightly below budget!

We are getting married 05/12/12 at the Gazebo 55. We chose this gazebo because it is at the far end of the resort, which allows us to keep it more private and intimate, and there aren't any sandbags in the water creeping into the background of our pictures. We liked the idea of the White Gazebo on the beach, but I had read on this board that it is right next to the salt water pool which is basically just stagnate sea water and quite "fragrant". They have another white gazebo, which is very pretty, but you cannot see the beach and I believe is positioned right off a common walking path.

When is your wedding date?

Hi Stina9562-

I too am a little peeved at the pricing for decorations, but our overall cost is still far less than what it would cost in the states, so I just keep telling myself not to worry about it and that we are actually slightly below budget!

We are getting married 05/12/12 at the Gazebo 55. We chose this gazebo because it is at the far end of the resort, which allows us to keep it more private and intimate, and there aren't any sandbags in the water creeping into the background of our pictures. We liked the idea of the White Gazebo on the beach, but I had read on this board that it is right next to the salt water pool which is basically just stagnate sea water and quite "fragrant". They have another white gazebo, which is very pretty, but you cannot see the beach and I believe is positioned right off a common walking path.

Hey Ladies,

I'm also getting married this year at the El Dorado on May 30th....I choose to opt for the destination wedding as one here was going to cost me an arm and a leg. I'm starting to seriously stress about all the little details as it's so hard when you have never seen the property. I choose to get married at the Fuentes Gazebo because I loved the all greenery, but I don't hear many brides that choose that ceremony location...any comments as my second choice was Gazebo 55...To follow my recption will be at the Tucanes and I'm going for the Deluxe BBQ....I emailed my wedding coordinator Natalia as I was nervous about the size, because my guest list has some how creeped up to over 50 guests...she told me it was ok as it was just recemtly renovated to a bigger palapa and can hold 60 guests. Has anybody seen or used this location as I'm nervous about size...If anyone has any comments to help me with suggestions or pointers that would be amazing!!! :)

Yeah - $10 per vase really chaps my hide!! but then again, everything else (hopefully) will add up to less than a wedding at home would have, so if it's $10 for 5 or 10 vases...I might just chalk it up and go with it. 

if I had any faith in shipping to Mexico, I'd consider that route. 

My TA said she had to rattle some chains at EDR to get the wedding dept to reply today. still trying to lock down my date & time, get the contract finalized, etc. so we can move on. She emails me in the morning, and last thing at night to let me know what's going on. I love my TA! 

It sounds like everyone pretty much chooses Gazebo 55 for their location. Is that the one with the rock wall in a circle back against the ocean? 

and a cute thing I have to share: I have been working on our wedding website, and I sent it to my FI so he could take a peek at the work in progress. he's so excited that he sent it out to his friends...and then I had to fuss at him a wee bit b/c it isn't ready yet (doesn't have the final rates or all of the info, FAQs aren't quite finished, etc.). Poor guy..can't win with my OCD self!! 

My wedding date is 4/20/12, not to far from yours! We are getting married at the Presidential Gazebo. With only 16 guests I figured it woud be perfect.

Are you having anyone do the decorating for you? Two of my friends are willing to help decorate to cut cost and my parents said they would take a bag for me. I am going to decorate Tucanes Bar with tealights in bags around the pool. Seems easy to do. I would love the Tiki Torches but it seemed pricey. I really wanted to do 12in vases with water and flowers in them with floating candles but trying to find plastic ones have not been fun. As far as music I was going to bring my ipod and docking station and play that. We just don't have a big enough crowd to get a DJ.

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

Hi Stina9562-

I too am a little peeved at the pricing for decorations, but our overall cost is still far less than what it would cost in the states, so I just keep telling myself not to worry about it and that we too are actually slightly below budget!

Alison04,

I really liked that the Fuentes gazebo had concrete all around it so I wouldnt have to worry about walking down a sand isle, but my fiance and I just liked the beach aspect of Gazebo 55 and that we could have our cocktail party right next to it!

I have previously been to the resort and attended a rehearsal dinner at the Tucanes Bar with about 50 people, but that was prior to the reconstruction. It seemed like a good space and is a little ways off the main pathway. My one comment was that an outdoor reception is very warm! The wedding I attended held their reception at La Isla in mid-September and it was so warm that many people had to take breathers from the dancing because they were so overheated. We wanted to avoid this so we opted for the Salon Dorado to keep us cool!

Originally Posted by alison04 View Post

Hey Ladies,

I'm also getting married this year at the El Dorado on May 30th....I choose to opt for the destination wedding as one here was going to cost me an arm and a leg. I'm starting to seriously stress about all the little details as it's so hard when you have never seen the property. I choose to get married at the Fuentes Gazebo because I loved the all greenery, but I don't hear many brides that choose that ceremony location...any comments as my second choice was Gazebo 55...To follow my recption will be at the Tucanes and I'm going for the Deluxe BBQ....I emailed my wedding coordinator Natalia as I was nervous about the size, because my guest list has some how creeped up to over 50 guests...she told me it was ok as it was just recemtly renovated to a bigger palapa and can hold 60 guests. Has anybody seen or used this location as I'm nervous about size...If anyone has any comments to help me with suggestions or pointers that would be amazing!!! :)

Stina,

We are getting pretty close to our big days!! cheers.gif

We are having a cocktail party on the beach in between the ceremony and reception and having a friend dump some blue-colored glass beads in the middle of the standing cocktail tables. We didnt want to spend the additional money on more decorations when the scenery will be gorgeous enough!

I did see on a previous post in this thread that the resort provided tiki torches to light the walkway from the main path to the bar, free of charge. I believe they did this for my cousin as well, so perhaps they throw that in if the torches arent being used elsewhere?

Originally Posted by Stina9562 View Post

My wedding date is 4/20/12, not to far from yours! We are getting married at the Presidential Gazebo. With only 16 guests I figured it woud be perfect.

Are you having anyone do the decorating for you? Two of my friends are willing to help decorate to cut cost and my parents said they would take a bag for me. I am going to decorate Tucanes Bar with tealights in bags around the pool. Seems easy to do. I would love the Tiki Torches but it seemed pricey. I really wanted to do 12in vases with water and flowers in them with floating candles but trying to find plastic ones have not been fun. As far as music I was going to bring my ipod and docking station and play that. We just don't have a big enough crowd to get a DJ.

AllieH-

Yes, Gazebo 55 is the one with the rock wall against the ocean. There is also quite a bit of beach space to the left of the alter to host a cocktail party, which is what we are doing!

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

Yeah - $10 per vase really chaps my hide!! but then again, everything else (hopefully) will add up to less than a wedding at home would have, so if it's $10 for 5 or 10 vases...I might just chalk it up and go with it. 

if I had any faith in shipping to Mexico, I'd consider that route. 

My TA said she had to rattle some chains at EDR to get the wedding dept to reply today. still trying to lock down my date & time, get the contract finalized, etc. so we can move on. She emails me in the morning, and last thing at night to let me know what's going on. I love my TA! 

It sounds like everyone pretty much chooses Gazebo 55 for their location. Is that the one with the rock wall in a circle back against the ocean? 

and a cute thing I have to share: I have been working on our wedding website, and I sent it to my FI so he could take a peek at the work in progress. he's so excited that he sent it out to his friends...and then I had to fuss at him a wee bit b/c it isn't ready yet (doesn't have the final rates or all of the info, FAQs aren't quite finished, etc.). Poor guy..can't win with my OCD self!!