El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Leslidowd12-

Where are you going to get your fiance's suit?  Are you going with studiosuits.com?  Our wedding isn't until Sept but I'm thinking of ordering my fiance's suit soon so that we have lots of time to make any changes/adjustments. His gift to his GMs are their suits so he is buying them in the states at Jos. A. Banks. I always thought that store was very pricey but they ALWAYS have rediculous deals! I think their deal right now is "buy one suit, get 2 suits free, AND 6 shirts AND 6 ties free"!!! We thought about renting the suits in the states (we were concerned about how fasnhionable/nice the rentals down there are), but we would have had to rent them for a week and the cost would have been almost as much as just buying the suit.

Your centerpieces are gorgeous, great choice!  Thanks! It is very painful though to have to pay $120 a table for the centerpieces when in the states, those are one of the cheapest options you can go with because you dont need to arrange anything and you don't use whole flowers! If I were to do the exact same thing in the states, the vases cost about $2-5 each, most florists will give you roses that are starting to lose their pedals, and floating candles are about $12 for a pack of 4... grrrrr! BangHead.gif

Who did you choose for your photographer? A good friend of ours is doing our photography, but we are getting a videographer to document the big day since a lot of our relatives cant make it down and I imagine the day will be such a whirlwind that we wont remember or get to see a lot of it! We are going with Claudia Photography for our videographer. They have great reviews and my cousin used them for her wedding and loved her pics! We are avoiding the outside vendor fee by having her stay as a guest for the 4 day minimum.

AllieH-

Love your centerpieces - are you bringing them with you, or renting them?  I am thinking that we will need about 5-6 centerpieces, so I cant see how we would get 15 glass vases down there in one piece, so we are going to rent them. Also, they would charge me a set up fee which I think is $5 per item... I'm kind of peeved that the centerpieces are $120 each, especially because they would be so cheap in the states, but what can you do?! oh well undecided.gif

and the invites are lovely!! I really like the scroll work on the side, and the starfish too. Thanks! We got them through http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com Very reasonable pricing, run sales/offer coupons frequently, and have a lot of beach/DW invites.

FYI re: Centerpieces - depending on what floral arrangements you are ordering for your wedding, you can have them taken from the site and used at your reception. That's what we did and it was no problem. We even used my bouquet as the centerpiece for my husband's and my little table, they just gave us a vase to use (I think we were charged $5 but it was still way cheaper than ordering a separate bouquet). If you are having bridesmaids and they are carrying flowers, you could do that for each of your tables and voila! I don't know about you but I was all about saving money =)

Also, if you bring your own things for the reception and have someone in your party (sibling, parent, bridesmaid etc) set them up at the reception, they will waive that ridiculous set up for you - they did for me! My mom decorated all the tables with name cards, flowers, favors, etc =) 

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

AllieH-

Love your centerpieces - are you bringing them with you, or renting them?  I am thinking that we will need about 5-6 centerpieces, so I cant see how we would get 15 glass vases down there in one piece, so we are going to rent them. Also, they would charge me a set up fee which I think is $5 per item... I'm kind of peeved that the centerpieces are $120 each, especially because they would be so cheap in the states, but what can you do?! oh well undecided.gif

and the invites are lovely!! I really like the scroll work on the side, and the starfish too. Thanks! We got them through http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com Very reasonable pricing, run sales/offer coupons frequently, and have a lot of beach/DW invites.

Girls- 

just a note... I believe the set up fee for any decor you bring is $5 per wedding guest not per item.

It was for me anyway which is why I we decided to not bring our own table decor.

Just make sure you get it in writing in an email or on your spread sheet. 

Either way, they do a beautiful job setting up! 

oh Catherine - GORGEOUS!!!!! I just shared this with my girl posse who are driving me NUTS with their endless questions about the resort & wedding. 

Originally Posted by Cvantine View Post

FYI, here is a link to our wedding slideshow...we brought our own photographers (personal acquaintences who I think did a FANTASTIC job!)

http://m2-photography.net/eddie-catherine-mexico-wedding

Cvantine-

I am having a friend do a few set up things at our cocktail hour, but most of the guests will be busy with pictures as they are in the wedding. Also, I loved your picture slide show! I am actually walking down the isle to that song!

Angi111111-

You said that it was a $5 set up fee per guest, but do you think that it would be per general thing I am asking them to set up? LOL Im not sure if that made sense... for example, if I had them do the set up for my center pieces, and had them set up my name/place cards, and had them put out wedding favors would they charge me $5 per guest per thing I am asking them to set up, so $5 x the number of guests for the centerpieces + $5 x the number of guests for the name/place cards + etc...?

I asked Valeria about the $5 set up fee and it is per guest, not per item. Also, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it as of yet, but Valeria told me that I need to bring a marker that indicates the food selection for each guest (for a plated dinner). I guess those are not provided by the resort. So, for example, if someone is having lobster, their place card will have a certain look or design on it; for guests having mahi mahi, their cards will reflect a different design. (If you are having buffet you won't need this.) Just an FYI. :)

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

Cvantine-

I am having a friend do a few set up things at our cocktail hour, but most of the guests will be busy with pictures as they are in the wedding. Also, I loved your picture slide show! I am actually walking down the isle to that song!

Angi111111-

You said that it was a $5 set up fee per guest, but do you think that it would be per general thing I am asking them to set up? LOL Im not sure if that made sense... for example, if I had them do the set up for my center pieces, and had them set up my name/place cards, and had them put out wedding favors would they charge me $5 per guest per thing I am asking them to set up, so $5 x the number of guests for the centerpieces + $5 x the number of guests for the name/place cards + etc...?

Did any of the brides who have already been married at the resort have their hair down for their wedding? I'm wondering if it's gong to be too humid for my hair to be down (i.e. it will get frizzy and lose the loose curls I want to have)... Also, if anyone had their makeup done at the salon at EDR, how did you like it? Can you send or direct me to a picture of how it looked? Thank you :)