El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

I know what you mean Baglover....the only reason we are doing the casita is because we are doing the free sweet wedding and that is a requirement to book a casita. Your honeymoon sounds awesome....we too are going abroad on a cruise to France, Italy, Spain :) Sounds like we have a lot in common!

Wow that is going to be amazing cruise!!!! Where do you leave from and how long is it?

I just read that the weather forecasters are expecting an above average storm season in 2010. i am trying not to worry about my august wedding. if i let myself get preoccupied with weather it will only add to my other wedding planning stress. please send good luck vibes my way ladies!

Ladies, Lots of great updates the last couple pages! You are right at my point of planning too!

I did not know about the charges for votives. I recently made a list of all my extras so she could price them out - and I could negotiate if needed. I really want a DJ - I am so afraid my song taste and selection will be lame. But for the cost - I will save my money as I went with "moments that matter' photography and they were pricy.

Is anyone having the mariachi band? I cant decide if that is what i am looking for. I jsut want everyone to have a great time. Good food, good drinks and a casual dinner. We can go to the disco after right?

Ladies, I also had to book the casita for my free package however I was able to book 4 nights in the regular room and the remaining 3 in the casita. So i saved a bit there.

Hi Jennib31--I am having the mariachi band play at our cocktail hour at the Health Bar. I think since I'm not having a DJ at my cocktail I wanted something fun for the guests to listen to. I am having a DJ for my beach reception from 7-11 and he is working on the songs with me which is great! I just went to Michaels at lunch and bought a box of 12 glass votive holders with the candles for 4 bucks with my coupon! The resort was going to charge me 4 dollars per votive! No way! I heard Moments that Matter is great! That is exciting :)

Jenib31 - what a good idea to have the jacuzzi room for 4 nights and the casita for 3! I didnt even think about that! Darn! Oh well!

We are in the swim up casita for all 7 nights and let me tell you, it is EXPENSIVE!! We arent going on a seperate honeymoon so I guess that makes it better!

I am getting votives for our rehearsal dinner tables from the EDR because I dont think I am going to have room in my suitcases to bring them. They are expensive but I've already spent a million dollars (or so it seems) so what is another $50!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics