El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laur13 View Post
Hola!
I am having difficulty with the day of the wedding schedule. If anyone could share what their times are that would help so much! I know things take longer with a large group. This is what I have so far...but I have a hard time thinking dinner will take 1.5 hours and my ceremony will only be 30mins since I am doing a sand ceremony and throwing seashells as wishes after the ceremony is done.

ceremony-5:30-6
mexican cocktail party -6:00-7:30
dinner at el cocotal (no dessert)-7:30-9
sweet party/dancing-9-11

please help :) Thanks! Lauren
Lauren,

We are having about the same setup that you are having, but we are having trouble how long to have the photographer?? We want them at the cake cutting but how do we do that?

Hi Sara-

Our schedule has changed a bit since I posted but here is the new one we have:

5:00 ceremony

5:30-mexican cocktail party

7-11-BBQ deluxe dinner on the beach dinner/dancing/cake

We are having our photographer come with us from home...so we will have him all night but I would suggest having your first dance while people are seated and about to eat dinner and right after cut the cake and take pictures on the dancefloor...this way the photographer can take pictures of this and leave if he needs to. Hope that helps. Where are you having your dinner?

Lauren

Thanks.... I wish we had a photographer to take.. We are debating how long to have ours too because we want to have our photographer for more then the ceremony too.

We may do private dinner/reception too. Otherwise not sure how else it will work for what we want.

Our plan was cocktail hr by ceremony location, free dinner at el cocotal, then reception at tucanes. But we just wanted dances and cake cutting at reception not food. Don't think that is an option. I think we would have to buy 2 cocktail parties with this plan.

I wish there was better communication so I could get this figured out.

Thanks for your help!!!

Baglover-

What are you planning on doing for music at the reception? I am debating on whether to hire a DJ or just play my ipod. I'm a little nervous with just hitting play on the ipod...since I'm not sure how loud my ihome would be. I'm on the fence with the DJ also because I don't know how the song selection would be....do you know anything about this? Also, how many songs are you choosing for your ceremony? I was given the outline of the ceremony and Carolina told me to pick 3...1 for the procession, sand ceremony, and recessional. However, I would like my bridesmaids and bridal party to walk down with a song first. Also did you consider having prelude musichuh.gif Any help would be great! Thanks :)

Laur13,

I am getting married at El Dorado Maroma and have been dealing with Valeria at Lomas travel for all the wedding details, same company that does the wedding coordinating for El Dorado Royale. I was wondering the same thing about the DJ song selection. Valeria sent me a sample song list of the DJ's available music. I was thinking anything that isn't on the list that I really wanted played at the wedding I could just download to my IPOD and I'm sure they would be able to play it. I tried uploading the pdf file that Valeria sent me, hope it worked!!!

DJ AUTHORIZED SONG LIST.pdf

Laur13 - We hired an outside DJ (and yes we are paying the $50 outside vendor fee...grrr) but it was still cheaper than the one the resort said they could provide. I hired DJ Doremixx and he has been absolutely wonderful to work with!! I sent him the attached list of songs and he found each one in his catalog! The song that I want to dance with my dad to is a Beatles song and a lot of DJ's dont have it because of some copyright bs but he had it and even sent me the MP3 of it so that I could make sure it was the one I wanted! If you are thinking about hiring a dj I would definately consider him!!!

Reception time line.doc

Hi Laur13 - I also hired DJ Doremixx for the reception. I plan to work with him when we get a bit closer to develop the playlist. For the ceremony we will just have a processional song for the bridal party and my entrance and a recessional song. The great think about DJ Mannia and Doremixx is that they work with you to make sure what's played fits the tastes of you and your guests...which is awesome!

Dimplz and BagLover-

How did you find this DJ? If you don't mind me asking how much is he charging you and how long do you get him for? BagLover...did you have to pay the 500 dollar fee as well to have him at the resort? Will this DJ be using a microphone to run the reception as well such as calling first dances, cake etchuh.gif

I'm glad to hear this DJ works with you on a song list for your event :) Are any of you doing the sand ceremony?

GCSC-will the DJ at the resort also be calling when it is time to do first dances, cake, etc? Thank you for the info I need to look into this ASAP

Look at you ladies go with your song lists and everything all mapped out!! I'm so proud of you! :) I'm a total bridal failure when it comes to these details since we've had to switch venues......I'm sooo running out of time.

Does anyone have recommendations for a photographer? Pics are really important to me, but anyone who is good is almost surely booked up already. Please help!!