Chelymo's planning thread with lots of pics....

This was to be sent out before I left but the computer crashed as I was working on it and I didn't have time to post prior to leaving so now that I'm back here it is.

Wow – I can’t believe it’s time for me to head out for my wedding. Flight tomorrow morning to Punta Cana, we are so excited. It’s 2am and I couldn’t go to bed thinking that I had to post this before I left. After reading so many planning threads and having the support and help from so many of you I knew when it was my time I would do the same. So firstly, thank you to all the wonderful ladies on this forum that inspire.

How FI proposed.

I woke up the morning of June 11th, 2009 at the sound of my alarm as I do every weekday. As I was stretching in bed I felt something on my finger, I thought that was odd as I always take off my jewelry before going to bed. I looked down at my finger and saw a beautiful Birks princess cut diamond engagement ring, I immediately turned around to look for Darrin who was standing in the doorway waiting for my reaction. I ran up to him and gave him a big kiss and just said "Babe?". Darrin told me that his dad had proposed to his mom this way and if they have been together this long then it should be good luck and work for us too!

My ring.

Click the image to open in full size.

The planning starts immediately as we knew we did not want a long engagement, thanks to this forum I was able to research and find a destination. We chose Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana and then were ready to send out our STD which I got from Vista print.

STD cards.

My DIY invites from Michaels which I added some little personal touches to.

Bridal party attire.

Saw these dresses back in July at White House Black Market but didn't want to pay $198 for each since I have to buy 3. Our 3 daughters will be our bridesmaids. While I was on vacation in Sept and doing some shopping at an outlet mall I walked in to White House Black Market to look around - I couldn't have been luckier they had the dress for $29.99 and had all three sizes that I needed. I guess it was meant to be...... I am so happy and our daughters look so cute in them. Instead of flowers they will be carrying these parasols.

My nephew will be walking down the sand with our rings and I was able to find the perfect attire for my little man. I found this damask boys tie on Etsy. He will wear it with this casual white linen Guayabera and some black linen capri pants. When I went to order the ring bearer pillow another seller from Etsy was able to match the same fabric of the tie. I love it!!!!

Wedding Dress

Found it on my first day out....

My sister, BFF and I went out in September to start our hunt for the dress. Since I'm getting married on the beach I really had my mind set on a simple gown with not too much fluff. I had a picture in my mind of a strapless dress that would be very flowy. Well, I did try on a few of those and hated how they looked on me. My sister picked out a few gowns in different styles and just asked me to try them on to see how the fit would be. I walked out in this gown and she immediately said - "this is the one - this is so you" when I looked at myself in the mirror I just started to cry - she was right this gown was truly representative of me. I love it and can't wait for FH to see me in it!

more to come

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't find a pair of Tiffany blue shoes that I liked, so I decided to purchase a pair in white and have them dyed. I LOVE THEM!!!!!!

FI outfit from Havana nine – he looks so handsome in it.

Started on my DIY projects;

Photo Share cards - from 123Print - $11.95 for 100 double sided (the other side is in Spanish).

Door hangers - also from 123Print - $14.95 for 50.

Luggage Tags - I used Staples matte white double sided business cards. The laminating pouch was purchased from Pouch-n-coil for $4.95 for 100, the loops also from Pouch-n-coil $5.95 for 100 and found the laminating machine at BJ's for only $29.95. I decided to not use damask border for the guys, don't think they would like that hanging on their luggage. :)

White Fans and charm from Michael's and the ribbon from JoAnne Fabrics.

Chap stick with our logo - used Office Depot glossy full sheet sticker paper. I had to cut each one individually but I think it was worth the work.

still more

Here are the weekend survival kits that I put together to include in our OOT bags. They include;

hand sanitizer

sunscreen

chap stick

body butter

I used white card stock and sandwich size ziplock bags....

It was pretty easy and quick to do.

Bridesmaids (our daughters) flip flops that they will wear for the ceremony. I used black & white damask ribbon (purchased at JoAnne Fabrics) and accented with the tiffany blue thinner ribbon and charm (both purchased at Michael's). The flip flops were purchased at Old Navy.

I really loved this bouquet that I saw on Etsy but just could not see myself paying $115 for fake flowers.

I decided to attempt on making it myself and I have to say I am really happy with the outcome. I ordered a bouquet that was already made from save-on-crafts.com from $18.99, ordered 5 black ostrich feathers from them as well for $19.95, and the damask ribbon from etsy seller bowpeepbows for $5.00. I already had the tiffany blue ribbon that I had purchased at Michael's.

I removed all of the leaves, little flowers, and the rhinestone springs from the bouquet and started adding the feathers.

I then took the damask ribbon and just wrapped it around the ribbon that was already there and added the tiffany blue ribbon. Final touches - used the rhinestones that I had taken off and just added a few to some of the roses and to the tiffany blue ribbon. It took me a little over an hour to get it just the way I wanted it! And I saved $72.00

Tears of joy - I made these completely from scratch thanks to my cricut and cuttlebug. The envelope was cut from cardstock paper, put through the cuttlebug for embossing; monogram cut from cricut and then added the rest. (By the way I am soon starting an Etsy store to sell TOJ – totally customizable, I have already made some for some BDWB)

Wedding bubbles - bought these at the dollar store 9 for $1.00, created the damask labels to wrap around the bottle, used my cricut to cut the tags, cuttlebugged the tiffany blue and wrapped it around with the ribbon.

Key and Tip holders - bought the badge holders from Office Depot they were 12 for $5.49, the lanyards were purchased from Pouch-n-Coil 25 for $9.95. I used Staples matte white business cards and then glued them to the black cardstock.

still more...

Oh Sh#t kits - bought the ziplock bags at Walmart in the craft section, created the labels using Avery mailing labels #8164 and added the meds.

Cold feet socks - I saw these for sale on some site for about $15.00 and thought this was easy enough to make myself. Just purchased a pair of socks, and printed out the wraparound label on cardstock. I cut out the UPC code and materials info from the original label and glued it on the back.

I made my vow cards using my cricut and cuttlebug (oh how I love them)! BTW these are not one of our vows just a sample.

I was hoping to buy a used Thank you parasol but none came available so I opted for the thank you signs instead, made these on my cricut as well.

Activity books for the kids that will be joining us, these will be added to the OOT bags with beach ball, water guns, and crayons for them.

one more to go

Mint matchbooks, I decided to make some with our logos and the others in damask so that they will contrast on the tables along with some tropical flavored gum that I put into little organza bags from Michaels.

Our OOT bags printed with our logo minus our names so that our guests can use them over and over again. Got the medium size drawstring bags from Oriental Trader they were very inexpensive and are unisex which is perfect!! We got the bags and the towels printed by a local company at home.

We will put the luggage tags on the bags so we know who each bag is for and hand out at the meet and greet cocktail the evening before the wedding which is when most guest will arrive.

I will include these damask journals and pens in the OOT bags for the ladies. I personalized each one with their first name initial. These were found at Michaelâ€s a while back in their dollar bins.

I saw these flutes back in October while out with a co-worker and fell in love with them! I really wanted them but FI and I thought that $390 for flutes was a little too much! Well, Friday my co-workers threw a little bridal shower for me and to my surprise this was one of my gifts!!!! MY co-workers ROCK!!!!!!!!

The pictures do them no justice they are absolutely divine! The stems are filled with Swarovski crystals.

I have already decided that these will be used when each of our 3 daughters get married. Start a tradition....

sorry still more to come.

So instead of a guest book that will be stored away somewhere I decided that something for my scrapbook would be better. The photographer who took our engagement pics was able to make for us some scrapbook pages for our guests to leave wishes on. I love how these came out..

Boudoir – a few of my fav shots.

The book I made him with the pics and the cold feet socks. I will have his brother hand him the socks with a card, then after he’s done reading the label on the socks his brother will hand him another card with the book which will read – In case the socks didn’t help hopefully this will get your feet HOT!

I think that is it ladies, once again thank you for the ideas and help, this is by far the best wedding forum. I look fwd to posting a review upon my return.