Gran Caribe Real 2011 Brides

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Food Tastings/Cake:

Additional informationl on my quest for food tastings at this place..... I am having the royal catholic wedding with a private reception.   We have 3 food options for dinner and we are only allowed to sample test 2 of those three.  Meaning that if they have meat, fish, or veggie - we can only try two of those three.  I don't like this as I would typically try all three options since those are the three options offered. It's not like they all are expected to taste the same.

On the other hand we just got notice that we cannot do ANY cake tastings!!   A cake comes with our package and we can't even try it to see what it will taste like. Just hope it is good enough for 60+ guests.   hmmm sounds shady but tomorrow once again I will have to press the issue and make it a point that it is not reasonable since we are actually willing to make a trip to do ALL food tastings.   Once again....these are the little things you are not told at this initial walk through.   

Originally Posted by dreamyeyez View Post

Hi Larias004,

I am trying to decide between this another hotel and it has been so difficult and frustrating because we are trying to get an estimate of how much everything will cost..just when we think it is it there is always something else that comes up and additional charges. I think it is horrible that we would be charged for just reserving a semi-private dinner in the resort. I am currently trying even though it may not happen..to see if we can work something out as well as work out some of the rates..

Im with you on this!

I spoke to a priest here too......we signed up for the pre-cana classes two weeks from today!! at 160 bucks!! and i provided him with our baptism certificates.....he will then provide us with the letter for Cancun!

I am also having the Royal Catholic Package! Pretty much sucks that you cant try all 3 options or taste the cake!!

Originally Posted by larias004 View Post

I was finally able to talk to priest here in the states.  He stated we need our baptism certificate, an an interview with him and pre-cana.   That's it and he will give us the letter we need to send to Cancun.

Hey Ladies,

My fiance and I decided to fly in our own photographer and pay for his flight and hotel stay. The package that he is giving to us is so much better than what the Cancun photographers were offerring. He is offering us 3 days of service for less than what a Cancun photographer was charging. Even though we are going to pay his flight/hotel, it will still be more reasonable than what the other photographers charge. We will also get ALL of the pictures instead of the limit set by some of these Cancun photographers. I highly suggest you ladies flying in your own photographer if you are still indecisive.

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post

Vanessa, it is def worth bringing someone if you are getting service for 3 days! Def can't beat that, specially if you love their work! When are you getting married?

Bride 2B22: Hey, yes it is def worth it. His work is amazing and he also happens to be an old friend. Our wedding date is 11/11/11. We are having a 10am ceremony. At first I was upset about it but now I'm fine...I think early ceremonies and receptions are elegant and plus our guests can have the rest of the time to do whatever else they want.

Hi Nadennec,

How did you convince your WC to schedule it at 3:30? Good for you:) I've tried talking to mine and she says there's no way! I really wish she would.

Originally Posted by nadennec View Post

My WC was able to schedule my ceremont in the chapel at 3:30