Photo

Gran Caribe Real 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
555 replies to this topic

#531 bebop

bebop
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

Hello all, I got married at the Gran Caribe Real on November 18, 2011 and it was amazing!  I will post a review for everyone in the review section soon but just wanted to let everyone know it was great!

#532 jillybeans127

jillybeans127
    • 165 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hey ladies,

Any June 2012 weddings out there? Well im booked for June 23,2012 and have been communicating with Elizabeth for the past few months and am kinda on the fence as to what to think about her. Anyone out there have any experiences with her? 

#533 Labebita911

Labebita911
      • 303 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

How can i see samples of Mavin's flowers>?

Future Mrs. Perez 2012

The Royal Cancun

Cancun, MX

July 14, 2012

Bride and Groom plus

20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#534 KernsWR

KernsWR
        • 60 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

Hi,

He has a website. Not sure what it is but I've googled Maya Floral, Cancun and his website shows up. Also, I've been emailing him about my preferences and he's emailed me back with samples of his work. Just put in our deposit with him.

#535 Julietisurs

Julietisurs
          • 261 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

What part of Texas? I'm in Frisco and getting married at the Gran Porto in Playa June 2nd!

Originally Posted by Muffin1978 

Hi
            I was wondering how was your wedding. I am a current Texan and will be getting married at the Gran Caribe in July 2012.

#536 kmsatter

kmsatter
            • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Hey All,

I have two questions for past brides.

1. I am getting married in the Chapel at 4. My WC Elsa just informed me that I needed to have my private reception immediately following the ceremony at 5 or had to pay $400 for it to start at 6. My wedding will take an hour and by the time all of the  guests get to the reception a good half an hour of the 3 hour private reception I paid extra for will be wasted. Anyone else run into this problem?

2. I have 50 guest coming. Elsa told me that the church only holds 30 people and if I wanted chairs for the other 20 people I have to pay $5 per person. I know $100 dollars in the grand scheme of things ins't a lot. But for extra chairs set up!?!? Anyone know how many people the church actually holds? It looks like it would hold more than 30...

Thanks for your help!

#537 kmsatter

kmsatter
              • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hey All,

1. I am getting married in the Chapel at 4. My WC Elsa just informed me that I needed to have my private reception immediately following the ceremony at 5 or had to pay $400 for it to start at 6. My wedding will take an hour and by the time all of the  guests get to the reception a good half an hour of the 3 hour private reception I paid extra for will be wasted. Anyone else run into this problem?

2. I have 50 guest coming. Elsa told me that the church only holds 30 people and if I wanted chairs for the other 20 people I have to pay $5 per person. I know $100 dollars in the grand scheme of things ins't a lot. But for extra chairs set up!?!? Anyone know how many people the church actually holds? It looks like it would hold more than 30...

Thanks for your help!

#538 Julietisurs

Julietisurs
                • 261 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

That was my surprise too. To delay the ceremony it would be an additional $400. To have a weekend wedding is another $400.

1. My "sunset" wedding starts at 4PM, Cocktails at at 5, 3 hour beach reception at 6 then everyone has to be off the beach at 9ish.

Not so sure about your number 2. You may want to check the other Real Resort Threads...

http://www.bestdesti...40#post_1722933

http://www.bestdesti...00#post_1722851

Originally Posted by kmsatter 

Hey All,

Thanks for your help!

#539 carmresu

carmresu
                  • 23 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hi there,

1 - I had my wedding in the Chapel on 11/22/11 at 4pm followed immediately by the cocktail hour & private reception. At some point in our planning we wanted there to be an hour lag betwen the ceremony and cocktail hour so we can take pictures, but eventually decided against it. When I brought this up to Elsa (who was also my WC) she never mentioned anything about a $400 fee.  However, I've found they do add expenses from year to year.

2 - We had 150 people at our wedding at the chapel and they set up the extra chairs for us at no charge. Again, this could be an additional fee they've added for 2012 (which is absurd!). The chapel probably held 30 to 40 guests and everyone else sat in the white folding chairs.

Happy planning!! 

Originally Posted by kmsatter 

Hey All,

Thanks for your help!

#540 acornk

acornk
                    • 68 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

I read somewhere that there is a mandatory chapagne toast? Is this true?

I was never notified about this and really don't feel that I want it.

Any last minute tips from anyone is greatly appreciated :) We are getting married here on April 7th with 30+ guests, incredibly excited!

Marrying my high school sweetheart on April 7th 2012 at the Gran Caribe Real Resort

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users