• Please log in to reply
555 replies to this topic

#501 carmresu

carmresu
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

That's funny I just bought these: 

Carmresu,
    Here are some maracas for about a dollar each (or $2 for pair). Is that still out of budget?
    http://www.amols.com.../product/MX750O

#502 ego11

ego11
    • 19 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:52 AM

Hey girls!

I officially submitted all my paperwork to my WC! I can't believe ho close it is getting! Anywhoo, after much talk, the resort absolutely does not accept any type of shipment....even if it is shipped while you are there! I am still getting my maracas luckily, however, they have to be shipped to a DHL office about 20 minutes from the resort...oh well. Just wanted to kind of give all you ladies a heads up who are in the process of planning. Also, I'm a bit confused, does the Villa Terrace have the green carpet or no? Thanks!!

#503 the groom

the groom
      • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:09 AM

Ego11-

Thanks for the heads up on the shipping issue.

The Roof top terrace is the one with the green carpet and the Villas Terrace is the balcony style one with the rooms behind it.

After much debate on that myself, I came to the conclusion that the Roof top Terrace has a better view and privacy but the Villas terrace has a more elegant feel to it, because the carpet is not there. There are also a few rooms behind you at the Villas Terrace and might not feel the privacy with potential onlookers from their rooms. Either way, you cant go wrong, they are both nice.

I have a few pics of each, just PM me if you want them.

Hope this helps.

#504 carmresu

carmresu
        • 23 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:41 PM

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone heard of the mandatory champagne toast?  It's $5/per guest and since it's "complementary" for the the bride and groom - we can't cancel it and have to pay for all guests who attend the ceremony.  I wanted to forego the toast because we are doing toasts during the reception. 

What have you all done about this?  I don't really want to spend an extra $500+ dollars (we have about 150 guests).

Thanks,

Carmela

#505 the groom

the groom
          • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

Carmela,

I was also told that the champagne toast was mandatory, but was also told that I could have it at any time, so I have selected it to be during the reception. This may work for you too, unless you were not planing on having champagne and paying the extra $.  Other than that, I don't know of any way around it.

#506 ego11

ego11
            • 19 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

Hey guys!!

Quick question! How much $$ should I take to tip and who all do I tip..anyone have a breakdown?

#507 carmresu

carmresu
              • 23 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

I'd love to get some advice on this too...

Congrats to all the 11-11-11 brides!!!

Originally Posted by ego11 

Hey guys!!

Quick question! How much $$ should I take to tip and who all do I tip..anyone have a breakdown?

#508 Vanessa C

Vanessa C
                • 144 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

To those who have not had their wedding yet: I suggest that if Diana Rodgriguez Gutierrez is assigned to you as your onsite wedding coordinator you have that changed immediately. She was the worst! She made me feel horrible before, during, and after my wedding. She is inconsiderate and not willing to apologize for anything she did even after I spoke with her supervisor. I have horrible memories of my wedding because of her!

#509 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
                  • 677 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:14 AM

Hi Vanessa!!! How was everything??? aww that is horrible!! I am sooo sorry you had such a bad experience with your WC! We would love to see some pics of your big day =)

Originally Posted by Vanessa C 

To those who have not had their wedding yet: I suggest that if Diana Rodgriguez Gutierrez is assigned to you as your onsite wedding coordinator you have that changed immediately. She was the worst! She made me feel horrible before, during, and after my wedding. She is inconsiderate and not willing to apologize for anything she did even after I spoke with her supervisor. I have horrible memories of my wedding because of her!

#510 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
                    • 677 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:15 AM

Hi Vanessa!!! How was everything??? aww that is horrible!! I am sooo sorry you had such a bad experience with your WC! We would love to see some pics of your big day =)

Originally Posted by Vanessa C 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users