Sign in to follow this  
karielk

Gran Caribe Real 2011 Brides

I just thought of something that kinda went wrong on the wedding day. I had 2 guests that didn't stay at either the Gran or the Royal, and they got stopped at the lobby by security. Luckily, my girlfriend had my room number in her cell phone's email list, and was able to call our room and my hubby ran down there to get them.  Soooo, make sure you confirm with your WC AND the on-site coordinator (this had to be her fault for not giving me instructions for them) of your non-Real guests.  Even though I filled out the guest list twice for them, my friends said that the front desk didn't know about my wedding being held at the resort, so they didn't let them through. I assumed that the front desk or security would have a list of names of guests that were going to be there for the event.  Confirm confirm confirm!

Originally Posted by Vanessa C View Post

Thanks for your review and congrats!!! Please continue to post anything else you can think of ;)

Hi Emily! I just booked Photos in Cancun. They have great reviews and their work looks great.

They are also inexpensive!!!

When is your wedding?

Originally Posted by Emily11386 View Post

I was wondering who everyone is using for photography.  I hate to pay the outside vendor fee but photography is so important to me!

Emily, I am using Cecilia Dumas. Her work is amazing but I was like you and didnt want to pay the ridiculous 350 plus guest pass for outside vendor so I just booked my photographer a room at the Gran Caribe for 250 which is way cheaper then paying the vender fee. Hey girls has anyone been told the cost for the DJ has gone up from 850 to 950? I just was told by Elsa my coordinator that it is now 950. Im fighting that because I was told originally it would be 850 and do not want to pay even more!!! Just wondering if anyone else is dealing with that right now. Im thinking prices probably went up after the new year! Blah

Originally Posted by LeahZ View Post

Thank you for the review.  I am getting married at the Royal in April and I am so worried about the hair and make up.  I ended up booking photos with La Luna to save money.  I can't wait to see your Del Sol pictures they do such an amazing job.  Congrats!

Leah when in April are you getting married?

Hi, I am using Juan Navarro for the photos, as I wasn't sure about the hotel's photographer and he has great reviews.  I have also booked a room at Gran Caribe instead of paying the outside vendor fee.  Just to let you know my WC has advised me they have changed their policies and if your photographer lives in Cancun you need to pay the outside vendor fee whether they are staying at the hotel or not.  My WC has only let me off the vendor fee as I asked her months ago about it.

So I would double check with your WC before you book your photographer!

I am getting married 4/15.  I also have Elsa as my WC.  She has not said anything about an increase of fees for the DJ.  We reserved Dorremix.  You would think they would honor their price list for the year?

I'm getting married 05/28 and my WC is Elvy. She already sent me the 2011/2012 rates and the DJ rate increased $100. I'm also using Doremixx and I'm so disappointed that they will not honor the rates.

My WC is also Elvy....Katia was my original one but she's on maternity leave.....she was sooo awesome! i dont feel the same connection with Elvy, she's nice but not the best! I hope i have no issues with her when it comes down to pricing etc.......and i hate that the prices went up!!

I just emailed my WC, Ana. She hasn't mentioned anything to me about it and I have spoken with her many times in the past two weeks about upgrades too!! I am still waiting for a response about this morning after seeing these posts, i think if you have already reserved they should honor those prices, and if the prices were going to go up they should have told us ahead of time that way we could reserve with original prices!