Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
karielk

Gran Caribe Real 2011 Brides

Recommended Posts

OMG love your review!!

 

 I have a question about the sound system- was it loud enough? we are planning on using the sound system instead of hiring a DJ for almost 1k!! our wedding in next June, ceremony at the Catholic Chapel and reception on the beach by the Royal.....I love the resort, we visited this past June, and this is where we got engaged so it's dear to my heart!

 

I can't wait to see your pictures!!! Please let us know once you have them!

 

Originally Posted by mykidsmomtx View Post

We had our wedding on 11/22.  Check out our review under the review section and let me know if questions!  We loved the Grand Caribe Real and were not disappointed.  Happy planning to all!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

Cassie323 sent me these photos of the Albatros Terrace to post for everyone to see.  I think the Terrace looks like a beautiful spot.

 

Thanks, Cassie!

 

IMG00015.jpg

 

 

DSCF2124.JPG

DSC00062.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were impressed with the sound system.   It is a Bose system and has great sound quality.  We used it during the ceremony, which was on the beach and also in the banquet room for the reception.   I have an MP3 player (not Ipod) & was concerned about some of my songs that had poorer sound quality.  However, all of the songs played perfectly through the system.  Using the MP3 player versus hiring a DJ worked perfect for us.  We did get the microphone for the extra $80.  We used it for announcements, toasts, etc.  Some of the guests even used it for karaoke (while the songs were playing in the background), which added to the fun.  Definitely worth it in my opinion. 

 

This is our new favorite resort.  It is beautiful.  I will post the pics as soon as we get them!


 

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post

OMG love your review!!

 

 I have a question about the sound system- was it loud enough? we are planning on using the sound system instead of hiring a DJ for almost 1k!! our wedding in next June, ceremony at the Catholic Chapel and reception on the beach by the Royal.....I love the resort, we visited this past June, and this is where we got engaged so it's dear to my heart!

 

I can't wait to see your pictures!!! Please let us know once you have them!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsmomtx View Post

We had our wedding on 11/22.  Check out our review under the review section and let me know if questions!  We loved the Grand Caribe Real and were not disappointed.  Happy planning to all!


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the info!!! 

 

 

Originally Posted by mykidsmomtx View Post

We were impressed with the sound system.   It is a Bose system and has great sound quality.  We used it during the ceremony, which was on the beach and also in the banquet room for the reception.   I have an MP3 player (not Ipod) & was concerned about some of my songs that had poorer sound quality.  However, all of the songs played perfectly through the system.  Using the MP3 player versus hiring a DJ worked perfect for us.  We did get the microphone for the extra $80.  We used it for announcements, toasts, etc.  Some of the guests even used it for karaoke (while the songs were playing in the background), which added to the fun.  Definitely worth it in my opinion. 

 

This is our new favorite resort.  It is beautiful.  I will post the pics as soon as we get them!


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post

OMG love your review!!

 

 I have a question about the sound system- was it loud enough? we are planning on using the sound system instead of hiring a DJ for almost 1k!! our wedding in next June, ceremony at the Catholic Chapel and reception on the beach by the Royal.....I love the resort, we visited this past June, and this is where we got engaged so it's dear to my heart!

 

I can't wait to see your pictures!!! Please let us know once you have them!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsmomtx View Post

We had our wedding on 11/22.  Check out our review under the review section and let me know if questions!  We loved the Grand Caribe Real and were not disappointed.  Happy planning to all!


 

 

 

 

Does anyone have Alby as their WC? My WC was Katia but she is leaving on maternity leave next week until March, so they are giving all her brides to other WCs..... I am sort of sad because Katia was amazing, i love her! I hope Alby is just as nice! 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pictures are beautiful! Thanks for posting them. Is this the rooftop terrace in the afternoon? I reserved the Villas Terrace for a private reception following the Catholic ceremony at 4p. And is anyone making their own centerpieces or does GCR provide generic centerpieces included in the package? And bridesmaids bouquets by GCR seem expensive. Anyone making their own too? Love BDW.com because everyone here is so helpful! I hope I could be of some use too! My fiance and I just booked our site inspection for this February! I'll try and take a lot of pictures. We also plan on having our engagement photos taken by GCR's photography, FunEver photos, the ones who'll be doing our weddings as well. Hope I'm not disappointed.  cheesy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi!

 

the resort does provide standard centerpeices.....i will attach a pic below.....it is basically a wooden box thingy with sand, and a luminary candle.....not bad if you ask me......it is super expensive to get actual floral centerpieces from teh resort......if you need info on a local florist with great prices for bouquets, BM bouquets centerpieces etc, please let me know......

 

We got engaged at the Royal back in June and took some pictures with Funever photos that same day, prior to getting engaged! So we ended up using the pics as our engagement pics.....here is a like to our pics......i think they did a pretty good job......
 

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/64542/our-engagement-day-pics-3

 

this is the pic of the centerpieces......sorry its not too clear!

 

Reception.jpeg

Originally Posted by KernsWR View Post

The pictures are beautiful! Thanks for posting them. Is this the rooftop terrace in the afternoon? I reserved the Villas Terrace for a private reception following the Catholic ceremony at 4p. And is anyone making their own centerpieces or does GCR provide generic centerpieces included in the package? And bridesmaids bouquets by GCR seem expensive. Anyone making their own too? Love BDW.com because everyone here is so helpful! I hope I could be of some use too! My fiance and I just booked our site inspection for this February! I'll try and take a lot of pictures. We also plan on having our engagement photos taken by GCR's photography, FunEver photos, the ones who'll be doing our weddings as well. Hope I'm not disappointed.  cheesy.gif



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting that pic Maria. I had no idea the hotel included those CP. My WC didn't tell me that. So they will put them on each table at no charge?

Also, are the table number holders included?

 

Thanks!
 

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post


Hi!

 

the resort does provide standard centerpeices.....i will attach a pic below.....it is basically a wooden box thingy with sand, and a luminary candle.....not bad if you ask me......it is super expensive to get actual floral centerpieces from teh resort......if you need info on a local florist with great prices for bouquets, BM bouquets centerpieces etc, please let me know......

 

We got engaged at the Royal back in June and took some pictures with Funever photos that same day, prior to getting engaged! So we ended up using the pics as our engagement pics.....here is a like to our pics......i think they did a pretty good job......
 

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/64542/our-engagement-day-pics-3

 

this is the pic of the centerpieces......sorry its not too clear!

 

Reception.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KernsWR View Post

The pictures are beautiful! Thanks for posting them. Is this the rooftop terrace in the afternoon? I reserved the Villas Terrace for a private reception following the Catholic ceremony at 4p. And is anyone making their own centerpieces or does GCR provide generic centerpieces included in the package? And bridesmaids bouquets by GCR seem expensive. Anyone making their own too? Love BDW.com because everyone here is so helpful! I hope I could be of some use too! My fiance and I just booked our site inspection for this February! I'll try and take a lot of pictures. We also plan on having our engagement photos taken by GCR's photography, FunEver photos, the ones who'll be doing our weddings as well. Hope I'm not disappointed.  cheesy.gif


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

I have pictures of the Villa Terrace if you'd like to see them. I haven't figured out how to post pictures on this forum yet but if you send me a PM with your email address, I can email them to you :) I've had my bouquets made by Enchanting Memories Flowers: http://enchantingmemoriesstore.com/3.html. They're located in Ontario, Canada (not sure where you are but maybe there is a store near you that sells real touch flowers). Real touch flowers look and feel somewhat real compared to traditionally fake flowers. I also found the hotel flowers very expensive and thought at least with these flowers you can keep them as souvenirs and so can your BM, etc. 

 

Good luck with everything :)

 

 

Originally Posted by KernsWR View Post

The pictures are beautiful! Thanks for posting them. Is this the rooftop terrace in the afternoon? I reserved the Villas Terrace for a private reception following the Catholic ceremony at 4p. And is anyone making their own centerpieces or does GCR provide generic centerpieces included in the package? And bridesmaids bouquets by GCR seem expensive. Anyone making their own too? Love BDW.com because everyone here is so helpful! I hope I could be of some use too! My fiance and I just booked our site inspection for this February! I'll try and take a lot of pictures. We also plan on having our engagement photos taken by GCR's photography, FunEver photos, the ones who'll be doing our weddings as well. Hope I'm not disappointed.  cheesy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


No prob.  Really nice of Cassie to share her pictures of the Albatros Terrace.

 

Vanessa, I thought I remembered you saying you were holding your reception at the Villas Terrace, did you change it?  What time is your reception?

 

If anyone else has reception pictures they would like me to post, just PM me.  I'm happy to do so.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa C View Post

Karielk: Wow thank you so much for posting those pics! The terrace looks beautiful! I'm happy we are having our reception there!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
  • Topics

×