Gran Caribe Real 2011 Brides

Hi Ladies. I wanted to ask (for those who are getting married at the chapel) what you guys are doing as far as music for the ceremony. Would you happen to know if the solo harpist/guitarist/flutist, etc. play for the entire ceremony? And do they play the entrance song as well as catholic songs during the ceremony?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanda,

I was just looking for photos of the Albatross Terrace at the Gran Caribe Resort and I saw your post. I would love to see them.   Im getting married July 30, 2010 at the resort and we are thinking of having the Rehearsal Dinner on the Terrace.  The wedding and reception will be on the beach.  Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

Debi

Hi!  Im getting married at the Gran Caribe July 30, 2011.  This is also a 2nd wedding and we have six children between us.  The Gran Caribe came highly recommended....but I cant find too much info on it, as it gets lost in the shuffle of the Royal.  We are in the planning process, but are planning to have the wedding and reception on the beach.  We were looking at the Albatross Terrace for the Rehearsal Dinner.  Do you think it is too large for 30-40 people?  Its hard to see from the pictures on the website.  Im looking for any ideas, so thanks for starting a thread for the Gran Caribe!  So excited!

Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anyone is ordering the The Hanging Terrace Ribbons. My WC quoted them at  $250 usd ( 2 pieces) and they come in white, gold and champagne. I thought they are a nice touch but I'm not sure how many to order if decided to do that. These would be used at the Villa Terrace. 

Abby -

This information is super helpful!! Would you mind sharing the contact information for your TA?  I'm in the process of finding one - our wedding is 11/22/11 at the GCR & our guests will be flying in from all over the place - the US & abroad.

Thanks!!

Carmela

Originally Posted by abbypoo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by larias004 View Post

I am getting married in the Chapel on Friday June 17, 2011 and my reception has been set for the Villas Terrace. I have not looked into the photographers and DJ suggested by the hotel but if any of you have and can provide your reviews that would be great. I'm nervous because when we did the site inspection - it was raining and we did not get a chance to see the Villas Terrace.  I was debating whether I wanted the reception in the beach or in the terrace and we ulitmately decided to go with the Villas Terrace.

I will not be having my guests book directly with hotel as I find the room rate for both Royal and Gran Caribe higher than if they were to book with an agent. Also the resort will hold us liable for those blocked rooms if not enough guests (minimum 10) book their rooms with this resort direclty.   So - the downfall is that they will not block rooms for my guests and now I have to worry about my guest booking early enough to get a room in the premises.   

No no no no!!! Use an agent and get a black of rooms: a good agent will negotiate a better price because it is a group, and will make things easier on you and your guests... I promise! Also, by doing this it is easier for the hotel to figure out who are your guests which they will need to go when it comes to charging you per person for the reception. Also, if you do it this way you get a free room with each 15 that are booked! Also, an agent can help negotiate the deposit for the rooms as well (my agent got it lowered from 75 per person to 50 per person). Also, when you put down your deposit for the block of rooms you they give you so many months to have the rooms booked, then you have the option to cancel the rest like two more times. So by the third deadline everyone has booked and you can cancel the rest. The biggest reason to do this is because the Gran is known for raising their prices, so if you don't have a contract it could get really costly for your guests who wait to book their rooms until next year. Anyway, just my two cents (my wedding is in Dec. 2010 at the Gran)

Just FYI: this forum is run by a travel agency that specializes in destination weddings, so from what I've heard, out of courtesy to them,  we are not supposed to publicly promote our TAs.  I would strongly recommend sharing any advice on those matters in private messages.