Photo

Punta Cana in April/May?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:01 PM

I was just wondering if anyone has been to Punta Cana for a wedding or vacation in April or May, and what the weather was like. I am a teacher so I am trying to accommodate my wedding with my vacation days from work. I am a little nervous. One of the main reasons we are getting married away is so we can be married on the beach. I know the weather is never guaranteed, but was hoping some of you could add your input. Also, if it has rained on your wedding day, what did you do (or what would you do)?

Thanks in advance!

#2 tracy0716

tracy0716
    • 431 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:07 PM

I went there in May (4yrs ago) and the weather was excellent. It rained for a few mins on the day we arrived, but it was before our plane even landed, and one day it was a bit cloudy. My future in-laws went last April and had sunny weather every day. The resort should go over a rain plan with you when you confirm your wedding details. Depending on the forecast they will move your ceremony and/or reception to a covered area. Good luck!

#3 BeachBrideSoon

BeachBrideSoon
      • 193 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:38 PM

I was there in April last year and I may have encountered a sprinkle on one day but other than that....HOT! :) I was also there in April 2004 for a wedding and it was BEAUTIFUL the whole time!
        If you can stay away from spring break!! Happy planning!
        BeachBrideSoon

#4 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
        • 2,424 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

Go to weather underground and they have a trip planner and you can put in a location and time frame and they will show you what the weather was for the past couple of years. i was great for me deciding when to go.

#5 MilitaryMrs.s-to be

MilitaryMrs.s-to be
          • 553 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:43 AM

I go every April and got married there 4 weeks ago. Could never ask for better weather. I got some showers before my ceremony and it stopped as I was coming down the aisle. It made for beautiful pictures, the sky was so dramatic :) I hope you choose Punta Cana and enjoy it as much as I did. Good luck :)

#6 clairisse

clairisse
            • 492 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:11 AM

I was just there, in Punta Cana from April 24-May 1st. The weather was gorgeous the whole time. We checked the weather before leaving on multiple sites and all were predicting storms or scattered showers the whole time. Instead it was hot (30+), humid and gorgeous the whole time. The worst we got was scattered clouds on a couple days (hardly a rain storm!)
              My wedding day (27th) was gorgeous - I was happy I had a 5pm wedding time slot as the 2pm weddings always looked like the participants were melting! So hot. And the sand was really hot at 2pm so anyone barefoot was in pain! By 5pm, it's cooled down quite a bit and won't burn your feet.
              I didn't have a rain plan - but when you're there you just make things work. I'm sure the resort would have done a great job if it had.
              Apparently April/May is one of the most popular times for weddings (or so said the resort wedding coordinator).
              Good luck! Have fun!

#7 Jen_S

Jen_S
              • 3,737 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:55 PM

I took my mom there about 4 years ago for mothers day we must of gotten a bad week we had rain the whole time, but we still had a blast.
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#8 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
                • 949 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:12 PM

the april/may time frame is perfect in PC! we got married the day after clairisse and like she said, it was gorgeous there. it's probably hard to escape the humidity, but that's what the pool and ocean are for! any time after Easter (the end of "high season") is probably going to be great.

#9 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
                  • 303 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ebredhawk
                    the april/may time frame is perfect in PC! we got married the day after clairisse and like she said, it was gorgeous there. it's probably hard to escape the humidity, but that's what the pool and ocean are for! any time after Easter (the end of "high season") is probably going to be great.
                    I see your wedding date was in April.... we are looking at going right after Easter since I will have a paid week off from teaching. I have to go talk to a travel agent for prices, but hopefully the weather will be nice!

Thanks so much everyone!!!

#10 Chelymo

Chelymo
                    • 327 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:29 PM

I just returned yesterday from Punta Cana our wedding was May 1st - the weather the whole time we were there was amazing. There were a few days that it rained for a few minutes during the day but it was just showers that stopped quickly. Happy planning.
                      http://i45.photobuck....ng/img-180.jpg
                      Aracelis & DarrinMay 1st, 2010Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users