new to site! very confused...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Laurennicoll

• 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:12 PM

My name is Lauren Nicoll.

I am getting married at Dreams resort and Spa in Cancun.

I have booked flights and accomodation for 27th june 2011 for 2 weeks at the resort, still to confirm wedding date with co-ordinator who is being really slow to return my emails lately!

#2 tracy0716

• 431 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:58 PM

Hi Lauren! Welcome to the forum and congrats on your engagement. You've found the best spot to help plan your wedding. There is a group on here for brides to be for Dreams in Cancun (under the Mexico section). I know it's a lot of info but if you skim through the thread I'm sure you'll find answers to many of your questions. As for the wedding coordinator being slow to respond, that's pretty typical. Most of us wait up to 2 weeks for a response. You can always send another email if it's been a very long time. Good luck and enjoy your planning!!

#3 Mere

• 729 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:02 AM

Congratulations & Welcome to the forum! I felt that the resort booking was the hardest part-the rest just fell into place. Good Luck and Happy Planning!

#4 Ashley*

• 206 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:33 AM

Welcome to the forum & good luck!
          Dreams Los Cabos is where I'll be on four twenty-three, 2011.

#5 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
          • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

Hi Lauren,
          Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#6 destination_diva

• 82 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:13 PM

Welcome and congrats! I'm sure that you will find all the info here that you'll need. Good luck.

#7 JanineA

• 2,482 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:50 PM

Hi Lauren congrats and welcome to the forum. You're in the same boat as many of us. The first thing you learn in planning a destination wedding is that most islands, resorts, etc don't run on our time....they run on island time. So communication can be slow and really try your patience at times. No worries though it all works out in the end. Good luck and happy planning :)

#8 wendyjd

• 968 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:08 PM

Congrats on the engagement and finding the location. You'll find tons of info here and agree with the other ladies, learn to be patient, most of the WC are super busy take a while to reply to emails.

#9 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:04 PM

Hello congrats on your upcoming wedding and welcome to the forum. If you haven't had a chance to scope out the forum, I think you'll find that it will be a huge help in your planning process.

#10 cross

• 198 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:49 PM

Congrats and Welcome! Happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users