Photo

Melia Caribe Tropical-Wedding Inquiry

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#11 chrissytina924

chrissytina924
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

my travel agent just called me today actually.. she told me that being as though my wedding is next month that i shouldnt worry bc if the change did occur it prob wouldnt effect me but she said that it would effect more of the 2010 fall brides and the 2011 brides.. she said nothing has been done to this resort as of yet and possibly nothing will happen.. but she said that if it does it will prob effect the prices.. she said she has a couple who is booked at the resort in the riviera mya and the prices for the the guests WHO HAVENET book yet are now like double and some of the prices for the wedding stuff has changed. so if you have everyone booked already you should be in good shape.. i dont mean to worry you i just want to tell you all the info she told me.
    Edward & Christina
    Melia Caribe Tropical
    Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
    June 26th, 2010

#12 chrissytina924

chrissytina924
    • 145 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

o and ps.. i booked with destinationweddings.com also.. who is your agent?
      Edward & Christina
      Melia Caribe Tropical
      June 26th, 2010

#13 kloc12

kloc12
      • 13 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:21 PM

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I have Kimberly Koehn as my wedding coordinator. She said she knows Riviera Maya they are strongly encouraging the move in hotels, but punta cana they don't know much yet. I booked in dec/jan and most of my guests have as well. I am not going to worry too much unless something drastic changes. I like the Melia and if you go to the facebook pages, people and photographers are uploading daily great info and experiences.

#14 chrissytina924

chrissytina924
        • 145 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:44 PM

o i dont have her.. i have diane monk.. if most of your guests have booked i wouldnt worry... i would just let anyone thinking about it or on the fence about it to book so they dont pay an arm and a leg more if the change does happen..
          Edward & Christina
          Melia Caribe Tropical
          June 26th, 2010

#15 lilsarahmae

lilsarahmae
          • 75 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:09 AM

Getting married there to october 23

#16 FutureMrsG521

FutureMrsG521
            • 23 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:36 PM

I would like to know more about the new 2010-11 packages and this new ownership. Mine is exactly 1 year away as of TODAY! I hope there is nothing to worry about.

Please let me know if you have more details.

#17 mareW9

mareW9
              • 159 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:51 PM

Hi FutureMrsG521 - I don't have an electronic copy of the packages - she said they were new and so she just printed them out for us when we visited. Is there anything specific you would like me to look up? I think the basic package prices are the same - Tides is $1296 and the Tropical Fairy Tale is $1728. Then there are some premium packages for more guests and with some added things included: Tides 35 - $2012, Tides 50 -$2676, Tropical Fairy Tale 75 $6328, Fairy Tale 100 - $8,158. The alcohol packages are now $6/$12/$18.

We got a tentative reservation date from Laura last Friday and she sent us the contract, but the contract wasn't updated with the new package info so I sent her a question - last Friday and again on Wednesday - and still haven't heard back. Anyone else have this issue? I'm concerned this means we'll lose the date and thinking about changing locations.

#18 chrissytina924

chrissytina924
                • 145 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:45 AM

My coordinator is very slow answering back emails as well. I was told bc its due to the different country and especially around this time is "wedding season" so they have many weddings going on.. i can give you the contact emial of my rep as I dont have Laura if you like...
                  Edward & Christina
                  Melia Caribe Tropical
                  June 26th, 2010

#19 Leslaine

Leslaine
                  • 19 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:18 PM

Do you happen to have a facebook?if so, add this group: Arrecife Melia Caribe, in there you will find several pictures of locations and also info about melia caribe inside photographers. They gave me all the information i needed.

#20 kloc12

kloc12
                    • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:52 AM

My Wedding coordinator Esterlin just wrote back to me and said as of now she has not heard of new ownership on Melia in Punta cana and my wedding date is all set for Nov 5th 2010, I am reserved and told not to worry!!!! SO that is good....

Christina,....I am def going to call my travel agent from DW about this, b/c if things aren't affecting punta cana, they really shouldnt get us all nervous about this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users