Melia Caribe Tropical-Wedding Inquiry

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by FutureMrsG521 View Post

I just emailed the price guides to the individuals who requested it. Please let me know if there was a problem. Also, I heard back from my WC today and was told I could change my package to a different premium if I'd like to, just need to specify. My wedding date is not until May 21 2011 so I will wait until I get some RSVPs to see if it is necessary to upgrade.

sorry i should have quoted your post.

would you possibly be able to send the pricing guides to me as well. thanks so much

janinerink@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by Nikki777 View Post

Melia is a great place for wedding. My friends wedding was there and she used Frank Panaro Photography out of Miami.

www.frankpanarophotography.com

Frank is spectacular by all means and you are garanteed great photos.

He is in range of $2500-$3500.00

Well worth every penny if you desire beautiful wedding images.

The hotel coordinator will take care of all for you as they are good but avoud staff phptographers. Not the Best in my opinion.

Best of luck in Punta Cana.

Nikki

$2500-$3500. Do you know what that included? Travel, trash the dress, how many photos?

Hi ladies,

I just came across this board today and so far I'm in love ;) I thought I should introduce myself. My name is Amanda and my fiance Jay & I are getting married at the Melia on May 9 2011 at 4pm. Reading your posts (especially laurabrea78's amazing review) are getting me even MORE excited that I was before (didn't think that was possible) ;)

I hope you don't mind if I ask a question in my first post! For those of you that have already got married at the Melia, were they pretty accomodating when trying to book a welcome/rehearsal dinner? I don't think we'll do a rehearsal dinner but I would really like to book a welcome dinner to give out our OOT bags and for everyone to meet. Was it easy for you to make reservations for a large number of people? Was there an extra charge?

Thanks so much in advance for your help! I can't wait to get to know everyone!

Spazdoodles - Booking a dinner for a large group is almost impossible without your coordinator.  I would suggest using your alotted "rehearsal dinner" large group reservation as your welcome dinner (they don't care what you call it).  We had the Tides package and the rehearsal dinner was included.

That's great! Thanks so much Laura! I will do that. Our welcome dinner will be 2 nights before the wedding so it could pass as a rehearsal ;) I got the free wedding package though, because we're doing our reception on La Barcaza so I didn't need all those extras. I will start sucking up to my wedding co-ordinator now and hopefully she'll book it for us. Thanks again!