Melia Caribe Tropical-Wedding Inquiry

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 Ruby2010

Ruby2010
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but not new to the board. My FI and I looking to have a DW, and from time to time the destination has changed or the past year. We are seriously considering the DR, and my best friend just came back from the Melia Caribe and spoke with the coordinator there. My best friend had really great reviews about the entire trip from the service to the cost. Is anyone on this board planning a wedding at this resort or has had a wedding there?

I would just like to get some reviews from a brides perspective.

Thanks

#2 chrissytina924

chrissytina924
    • 145 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:33 AM

I am getting married there June 26th, 2010 and am so totally excited... I dont know if you got these yet but these are some of the wedding services to choose from:

Let me know if i can try and answer any questions...

Attached Files

Edward & Christina
      Melia Caribe Tropical
      Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
      June 26th, 2010

#3 Ruby2010

Ruby2010
      • 25 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:24 AM

Thanks for the feedback!!!

#4 jasst239

jasst239
        • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:30 PM

I'm getting married at the Melia on November 5, 2010, REALLY excited!! I too am using Michael Weiler. Looking forward to seeing some recently married brides pics on the site soon.

#5 Sheree10

Sheree10
          • 1,026 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:43 PM

I went to a wedding there in "08. You will love it and your guests will too!!
            http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#6 kateandbri

kateandbri
            • 48 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:35 PM

Ohhh Jasst I can't wait you'll have to show us pics! I'm anxious to see a big variety of Michael's stuff!!!
              http://global.thekno...rs/tt80ecb.aspx

32 + Bride & Groom So Far!

#7 FutureMrsG521

FutureMrsG521
              • 23 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:08 AM

I am getting married there May 2011 and am still trying to figure out exactly how I want to do things but I did chose the Tropical Fairy package and put my deposit down. Any tips or pointers you would suggest at this point? I am looking into that photographer now.

#8 jasst239

jasst239
                • 17 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:08 PM

I know- I can't wait to have pictures to show!!!
                  I'm doing the Tides package. So far, I haven't had any issues- knock on wood!

#9 mareW9

mareW9
                  • 159 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:53 PM

We're also planning our wedding at Melia in January - really liked all of the options available. When we visited earlier this month, they had some new package choices - including options for larger groups. Tides 35, Tides 50, Tropical Fairytale 75 and Tropical Fairytale 100. Some of the prices are also changing for 2011 - in fact, some even dropped! I don't have an electronic copy of the new guides though, but definitely ask.

#10 kloc12

kloc12
                    • 13 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:06 PM

HI to everyone. I am getting married at the Melia on November 5, 2010 as well. I just heard from my destination weddings .com travel agent that Melia is under new ownership and it is affecting the Riviera May and Cancun Melias but has not affected Punta cana just yet. Has anyone heard anything about this yet? I was just concerned. I really liked the Melia...and I want to stay but I dont want to have problems. This is new to me, I am not trying to scare anyone, just trying to find information, if any. Thanks!!

Kristin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users