Photo

Rehearsal/Welcome Dinner Dress

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MDLady

MDLady
  • 433 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

I was hoping to find a cute white dress to wear to our Welcome Dinner. Not an actual wedding dress but something short and cute for the islands.. I'm having the hardest time finding something that I like. What are you ladies wearing to the Welcome dinner??

#2 tracy0716

tracy0716
    • 431 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:42 PM

I'm still looking...I found this dress is White House Black Market, tried it on, and really liked it. I'm just not sure if I want to do white or a long flowy dress...

http://www.whitehous....000121_100.jpg

A bit pricey but they do have coupons. Good luck with your search!

#3 MDLady

MDLady
      • 433 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:51 PM

White and flowy would start looking like a wedding dress. I was looking for something a little more fashionable but much of the stuff in white looks like a nightgown. I love bright colors so I keep seeing these electric blue dresses that would probably pop and still be casual enough for the islands.. Hmmm, what to do..

#4 tracy0716

tracy0716
        • 431 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:06 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MDLady
          White and flowy would start looking like a wedding dress. I was looking for something a little more fashionable but much of the stuff in white looks like a nightgown. I love bright colors so I keep seeing these electric blue dresses that would probably pop and still be casual enough for the islands.. Hmmm, what to do..
          white OR flowy- I'm thinking something bright and islandy. I'm finding I'm too short to pull off a flowy dress

#5 tracy0716

tracy0716
          • 431 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

the one time I try to use a smiley and it backfires!! I wanted the sad face to go after my comment about being short- sorry MDLady def. not intended for u

#6 MDLady

MDLady
            • 433 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:38 PM

I didn't even notice and had to look for the sad smiley, so no worries :)

Flowy and tropical sounds perfect! How short are you? You might want to do a more fitted bottom then. One of my BMs is 5'0" so when we went BM dress shopping, she only looked at short dresses which for some reason did NOT work on her body (she's a size 4 so it was very wierd). Finally she tried on several long dresses and they ALL looked amazing!!! I think it's just a matter of trying on a variety of styles and cuts.

She ended up picking this dress which looks DYNAMITE on her!
              David's Bridal - Chiffon and Charmeuse Dress with Rounded Neckline and Sash at Waist

This one was the runner up. We were both very shocked how good they looked on her tiny frame!

David's Bridal - Halter Crinkle Chiffon Dress with Ruched Bodice and Cascade Front

#7 lily17bear

lily17bear
              • 217 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:39 PM

I purchased a cute little dress from Express and wanted to post a picture of it but they no longer have it at the website. It's cream colored, with a ruffled skirt, and it hits right above the knee. I'm also a teeny tiny bride, barely 5 feet tall and about 95 pounds, so I know what it's like trying to find clothes that fit well.

#8 katelynn

katelynn
                • 414 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:24 PM

I purchased a Lauren Conrad long beach dress from Kohls (only like $40) and the colours are so nice!
                  Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#9 JENISE

JENISE
                  • 652 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:53 PM

Try this website....they have such cute clothes! Hope it helps.

LuLu*s - Juniors Clothing, Fashion Shoes & Womens Accessories

#10 MDLady

MDLady
                    • 433 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by lily17bear
                      I purchased a cute little dress from Express and wanted to post a picture of it but they no longer have it at the website. It's cream colored, with a ruffled skirt, and it hits right above the knee. I'm also a teeny tiny bride, barely 5 feet tall and about 95 pounds, so I know what it's like trying to find clothes that fit well.
                      OMG your wedding is in less than 10 days!! So excited for you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users