Photo

Airlines that allow wedding dress as carry-ons

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#51 jburress21

jburress21
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

I have never heard of anyone having a problem carrying a wedding dress on! Most of the time they do give you an upgrade and treat you VIP but good luck to everyone! :D

#52 Sophia2616

Sophia2616
    • 143 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

That would be nice wouldnt it!

#53 trivera5521

trivera5521
      • 470 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

Anyone have any experience with Jetblue?

#54 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
        • 562 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
        • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

I flew American and had two flights to get to Jamaica. The first flight from LA to Miami was a pretty big plane and they let me store it in the pilot's closet. Plus they were super nice to us for the whole flight! No upgrade unfortunately as the flight was full. Oh well. The second flight from Miami to Jamaica was a smaller plane so there wasn't a closet, just hangers at the back of first class. But I was able to hang it there no problem. I wasn't too worried about it getting wrinkled because the hotel also steamed and pressed my dress when we arrived. It all worked out!

#55 tristanc

tristanc
        • 37 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

This sounds crazy - but I am actually looking forward to carrying my dress onto the plane just because they usually do give you the VIP treatment :) I'm hoping that is my case at least!

#56 Kel123073

Kel123073
          • Site Supporter
          • 189 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

I am flying United.... we were able to upgrade our tickets to first class....with miles etc....  but before upgrading... I called they advised me to get to the gate early and let them know I had my wedding dress.  There is a closet in first class and they most likely will accomodate!!  Also FYI  Jet Blue doesn't have a closet!  so overhead bin only.... Hope that helps

Also no baggage fees in first class for two checked bags each!  awesome for all your diy projects!!! avoids shipping fees for all of that and favors!

#57 tristanc

tristanc
            • 37 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kel123073 

I am flying United.... we were able to upgrade our tickets to first class....with miles etc....  but before upgrading... I called they advised me to get to the gate early and let them know I had my wedding dress.  There is a closet in first class and they most likely will accomodate!!  Also FYI  Jet Blue doesn't have a closet!  so overhead bin only.... Hope that helps

Also no baggage fees in first class for two checked bags each!  awesome for all your diy projects!!! avoids shipping fees for all of that and favors!

Great tip on the baggage fees - I forgot that first class gets that as well! Although - I"ll probably still have to ship some stuff. The laterns and garden stakes might not make a plane trip ;)

#58 Kel123073

Kel123073
              • Site Supporter
              • 189 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

the garden stakes might be a problem...maybe not if you check them....lol bags are 70lbs each on united also!  Another tip from my Aunt was to get a United Chase Card....and rack up miles this year which I did!  and first bag checked for free when checking in with that card!

#59 tristanc

tristanc
                • 37 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Kel123073 

the garden stakes might be a problem...maybe not if you check them....lol bags are 70lbs each on united also!  Another tip from my Aunt was to get a United Chase Card....and rack up miles this year which I did!  and first bag checked for free when checking in with that card!

That's a good idea too! I hesitate to open a cc though - we might try to buy a house in the near future and don't want that on my/our credit report. Something to think about though...thanks!

#60 Bridetobe2014

Bridetobe2014
                  • 161 posts
                  • Wedding Date:April 12, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:Akumal Beach Resort

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

Thank heavens for this thread. I have been thinking about this topic lately and freaking out because I have no idea what to do. This has really helped.

I am excited to marry the most loving man I have ever met and to become part of his amazing family.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users