#31 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:03 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by beachbride
    I was thinking the same thing!!!!
    When I went to pick up my dress, I just assumed that it would already be in a dress bag. When they asked me if I wanted one, then I thought it was free. It was only after they asked for the money that I realized I had to pay for it!

I just found one online for those girls that need one and it's $8:

Ann's Bridal Bargains: View All - Bridal Gown Bag

#32 Kelsey57

Kelsey57
    • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by gkashmira 

I walked right onto an American Airlines flight with no problem at all. I called ahead of time and they told me just to carry it on and ask to hang it in the front coat closet.

In fact by doing this we also brought it to the stewardess' attention and later they moved us to first class... I swear I'm carrying a large white garment bag whenever I travel - even if it's empty!

I am flying American Airlines to Jamaica!  I had not even thought about how to bring my dress until I recently started shopping for a second dress!  How far ahead did you call, and was there an additional carry on fee?

#33 LAtravelgirl

LAtravelgirl
      • 163 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Did everyone use their dress as their one carry-on bag? Or did the airlines allow you to bring it in addition to your carry-on? We will be scuba diving the week of our wedding so it is a must that we hand carry our regulators on the plane. We are also flying Thanksgiving week, so I am sure the planes will be full.

#34 Mimi127

Mimi127
        • 221 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

Thanks for the heads up I need to look into this and make sure I can carry on my dress.

#35 Laura2013

Laura2013
          • 177 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

Hmmm, I am fllying Airtran guess I should call them to find out what their policy is.

#36 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
            • 562 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
            • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by gkashmira 

I walked right onto an American Airlines flight with no problem at all. I called ahead of time and they told me just to carry it on and ask to hang it in the front coat closet.

In fact by doing this we also brought it to the stewardess' attention and later they moved us to first class... I swear I'm carrying a large white garment bag whenever I travel - even if it's empty!

We're flying American too. I was originally going to splurge on first class when booking our tickets, but decided to wait and see if I can get an upgrade just before. Maybe now I'll try the dress method and hope our flight isn't full and the flight attendants are nice!

#37 anisha

anisha
            • 49 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

We are flying Delta and I bought the Wally Bags dress bag for my dress and his suit (it is a really roomy bag!).  I'm hoping it's not an issue to carry on....I guess we'll see!

#38 pmkaraan

pmkaraan
              • 171 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Thanks for sharing! I hope there won't be any problems with my dress

#39 jrack

jrack
                • 235 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

I know sun wing does, and sets aaside a full compartment for you as well.

#40 shan0487

shan0487
                  • 1,393 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

We full Frontier Airlines and my dresses were my carry-on.  They just put it in an overhead compartment and I didn't have any issues.  My dress wasn't huge or poofy or anything though so it fit in an overhead compartment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users