Photo

Sand Ceremony

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#61 zelda062

zelda062
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:50 PM

For those of you who used the Umbra frame, what size photo did you put in it?  I can't decide between 4x6 or 5x7.

Iberostar Tucan Resort, May 3, 2011

#62 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
    • 610 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:38 AM

OMG!!!  After reading #2 I think I HAVE to do the sand ceremony now!!! LOVE IT!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#63 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
      • 267 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

We're planning on doing a sand/shell ceremony and having people add seashells to the bottom of the vase as they enter the area for the ceremony; then we will add our sand over the top...I am having a heck of a time trying to find a vase that has a large enough top to allow for seashells to be put in but still has a stopper to keep the sand from pouring out on the way home!!  Any one have any ideas?!

#64 islandbride8

islandbride8
        • 315 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by missy&eric2011 

We're planning on doing a sand/shell ceremony and having people add seashells to the bottom of the vase as they enter the area for the ceremony; then we will add our sand over the top...I am having a heck of a time trying to find a vase that has a large enough top to allow for seashells to be put in but still has a stopper to keep the sand from pouring out on the way home!!  Any one have any ideas?!

This is what we are doing as well... i found very small shells at Michaels that will fit into any size or shape vase (we don't have the vases yet). good luck :)

#65 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
          • 267 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:59 AM

ooh...thats a fabulous way to do it!  Thanks for the idea!!!  I just may have to steal it!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by missy&eric2011 

This is what we are doing as well... i found very small shells at Michaels that will fit into any size or shape vase (we don't have the vases yet). good luck :)

#66 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
            • 610 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

Ordered mine yesterday!!!  Went with a nickel finish though!  So excited!!  Starting to like the seashell idea as well!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#67 CBREWSTER

CBREWSTER
              • 190 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:28 PM

Decisions Decisions. I like the one with picture the most I think!

#68 star18

star18
                • 201 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:33 PM

We decided that trying to carry everything home on the plane would be hard to keep all the sand from shifting, so as an alternative I think we are going to buy the frame sand ceremony and do it on our 1 year wedding anniversary at home. This way we have a nice keepsake without all the hassle. What do you think? :)

#69 mmcst38

mmcst38
                  • 237 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

love this idea! Plus you can put a edding pic in it then!

Originally Posted by star18 

We decided that trying to carry everything home on the plane would be hard to keep all the sand from shifting, so as an alternative I think we are going to buy the frame sand ceremony and do it on our 1 year wedding anniversary at home. This way we have a nice keepsake without all the hassle. What do you think? :)

May 13, 2011
                    Riu Resort
                    Ochos Rios Jamaica

#70 Espejo2be

Espejo2be
                    • 170 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:14 PM

Great Idea!!! :) Something special to look forward to!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users