Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

I love this

#112 MRSPWILSON

MRSPWILSON
    • Site Supporter
    • 74 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by futuremrswarner 

I saw that there are sand ceremony kits at Michaels in the bridal section, so maybe you can check it out.

I got my whole kit at Michaels with a coupon! For about $20!

#113 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
      • 381 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by JayKay 

We purchased our set from Micheal's.  We aren't to sure how it will look when we get home, and if looks terrible we will probably just redo it.  It does come with a cap and we are also going to melt a candle on top of the sand before putting the cap on.  Hope it will work!

Here is our set:

sand ceremony.jpg

Is that how you can keep the sand in?  By melting a candle on top?  You learn something new everyday...

#114 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
        • 381 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

How do you get the sand to layer so beautifully?

#115 MrsWWhite

MrsWWhite
          • 159 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

This[quote name="jackie_c" url="/t/58778/sand-ceremony#post_1287099"]
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by nbulldog19 I got my vase from Home goods-loved it, very unique, and it was only $12.99. Then got it engraved at Things remembered for $20. The sand is from Michaels. Click the image to open in full size.
            Ooo I love this shape, I might have to go with that for my wedding! I was going to do more traditional vases with larger bottom that narrows toward the top and just dress it up with a ribbon in your wedding colours. How did you deal the top afterwards? A special glue? And did you bring it on the plane for the ride home? I'd love to check mine, but the sand will probably get all messed up.this is a pretty cool shape. What a great price!

#116 mvee1025

mvee1025
            • 155 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Hi ladies, I have a question. I think this is a cute idea but I wonder what happens to the containers when you come home? - do you empty the sand out and re pour it at home? - can you bring sand let's say form the destination back home or will it be a problem when you are going through customs?

#117 Vancouver Bride

Vancouver Bride
              • Site Supporter
              • 85 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

We carried it on with us and told Customs it was fake sand and labeled it as fake in Spanish and English (even though it was half real and half fake). We had a "forever frame" that had a plate in it to keep from spilling. I'm not sure what to do with the bottles except hold it upright the entire flight. I'd stash a bag of beach sand in your checked bag (still labked as fake) in case you have to re-do it at home.

#118 mvee1025

mvee1025
                • 155 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Vancouver Bride 

We carried it on with us and told Customs it was fake sand and labeled it as fake in Spanish and English (even though it was half real and half fake). We had a "forever frame" that had a plate in it to keep from spilling. I'm not sure what to do with the bottles except hold it upright the entire flight. I'd stash a bag of beach sand in your checked bag (still labked as fake) in case you have to re-do it at home.

Thank you for the tip, I guess zip lock bags will have to be on the packing list!

#119 nursebrooke

nursebrooke
                  • 95 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by mvee1025 

Thank you for the tip, I guess zip lock bags will have to be on the packing list!

Yes thanks for the tip!! Would have never thought of this!

Life is better with your best friend, that's why I am marrying mine <3

#120 Bridetobe2014

Bridetobe2014
                    • 161 posts
                    • Wedding Date:April 12, 2014
                    • Wedding Location:Akumal Beach Resort

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by MRSPWILSON 

I got my whole kit at Michaels with a coupon! For about $20!

WHAT! That is such a good idea. I never thought of that.

I am excited to marry the most loving man I have ever met and to become part of his amazing family.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users