The Reef Playacar
Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:09 PM
We are indipendent wedding planners in the Riviera Maya and Cancun ...and we have many years experiences in planning weddings ( Europe, Mexico etc..) ...we personally love this location!
As we are indipendent wedding planners we dont work insed AI because we think that each wedding is so different from another and having the same AI wedding is not our style, of course we are competitive also with prices rispect to AI.
We select personally every locations , so that we can offer the perfect one for you, suitable to your taste and budget ! If you want to have an idea of our options, please do not hesitate to contact us!! :-)))
Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:14 PM
Happy Planning x
Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:44 PM
Me and my FI went on vacation there 2 years ago. The resort is beautiful. Very tropical feel and not super hotel-ly which is what we liked. The beach was great. Staff is very friendly. The only thing we were kinda disappointed in was the food. We LOVE to eat ALL the time, I mean, that's what all-inclusive is for right? Too eat and drink. LOL. But we weren't impressed at all with the food. Besides that, everything else was great. Even the rooms and balconies were spacious! Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:29 AM
Here are my thoughts :
- Great Tropical feel especially the central area inbetween the the buildings it has a lovely canopy of trees . The main reason we stayed here was because it seemed a little more like we were staying in the jungle and not in corporate hotel chain.
- Staff were nice and friendly. Definately willing to interact with the guests.
- Nightly shows were very much so / so at the time. They may have improved since but when we were there it very much reminded me of going to a school play. Sure everyone did their best and it was somewhat entertaining but definately not professional.
- The resort itself is /was smallish and definately not on the scale of other resorts in the area. I have heard of ALOT of people being transferred to other hotels from the reef because it was fully booked and didn't have enough rooms for the individuals arriving. Even when I stayed there they were offering couples the chance to switch to other AI's so that they could accommodate the new guests. This may not be a bad thing all and all we LIKED being able to go and visit other places however if you're planning a wedding you need to be able to count on all your guests being able to stay at your hotel.
- Food was alright. Enjoyable for the most part. My BF loved the coconut puddings. I however didn't really enjoy most of the desserts and the food was a little repetative after awhile.
Easy walking distance to playa del carmen with a bird sanctuary along the way.
Liked the beach nice and sandy but very crowded most days we were there.
The pools weren't especially huge but adequate for our needs.
They didn't have any weddings going on there when we stayed so I can't really comment on that.
Overall I would stay there again, however not sure about the wedding, I think it would depend on where it was held. I wouldn't want to do it on the beach as when I was there it really was crowded... but if you could do it in the jungly area it would be absolutely beautiful.
To be completely fair it was about 5 years ago that I went there so it may have changed somewhat in that time?
Either way hope this helps.
Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:50 AM
Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:04 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users