Mother of the Bride!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 taylorwd

taylorwd
  • 932 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:15 PM

Welcome!

A good place to start is a list of things you want to have: AI (all-inclusive) or not? Small resort or large? Natural beach or lagoon? A la carte restaurants or buffet? How many weddings does the resort do a day?

A good TA can help you narrow down choices (including countries!) once you have a list.

#12 Ashley*

Ashley*
    • 206 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:59 PM

she's lucky to have a good mom to help her! Congrats to you and your daughter! I hope you find everything you need on this site, it's really easy to navigate & tons of information! Good Luck!
      Dreams Los Cabos is where I'll be on four twenty-three, 2011.

#13 AishaB

AishaB
      • 2,350 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:49 PM

Welcome to the forum. It is full of information and everyone is very helpful. Good luck
        BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#14 GVphotographer

GVphotographer
        • 2,667 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
        • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:05 PM

Hi,
        Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your dauhter´s wedding!!

#15 midnight24

midnight24
        • 754 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:08 AM

welcome..! you must be so excited to help plan your daughters wedding. my mom & i had a great time sharing this experience together. she was sooo into the planning it was hard for me to not get into it.

you will find this website to be a saviour. there is so much information on here. ask as many questions as you need too...someone should be able to answer.

i agree with what taylorwd said...about thinking about what is important to you all in a destination wedding.

one thing you might want to consider is cost for guests. try to keep it in a reasonable range if you want more people to come. if you want to keep it small and cost is not a factor then of course the sky is the limit. another thing to keep in mind is travel time to & from destination (ex...how long is the flight?) i know some people don't like to sit on planes for too long. that was something that came up a lot with our guests.

there are so many great destinations...take the time to read reviews.

happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users