Questions for those that are back from their wedding in ILA

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Barrierunner

• 166 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:21 AM

Hi ladies, I'm getting married at ILA on July 7. Only 2 months away and I have a few unanswered questions. I have sent an email to Yahimara, but it has been over 3 weeks and I still haven't heard from her. I know she is very busy.

My questions are 1. Was there somewhere to bring your wedding dress to get pressed?
    2. If you brought your own photographer, was there somewhere for them to lock up their expensive camera equipment?
    3. What is the currency? I have read mixed reviews and am still confused. Did you pay for the wedding in cash, credit?

Thanks so much and congratulations to all of those who just got married!

#2 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
    • 450 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

great questions! I would like to know these answers as well as we leave in a week and a half

#3 christmasincuba

• 48 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

I can answer the last question about currency. You will need to bring Canadian cash down to convert to Cuban Convertible Pesos. You can convert either at the airport, the resort front desk or the bank. They have two pesos, tourist(Cuban Convertible Pesos) and local. Local pesos are of no value/use for us and you will not be able to access the local peso. For tours and things you can use credit cards (there will be a charge) however your card can in no way be affiliated with a US bank, they will not be excepted. Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users