Sign in to follow this  
Ravywedding

Please help! Moon Palace v. Aventura Cove

I thought my FI and I had settled on Moon Palace, but it looks like the beach is plagued by seaweed? I've seen a few pictures and it seems to remain consistent. Out of the the other Palace resorts, we want the package with the horse-drawn carriage which is kid-friendly...which leaves Aventura Cove. Any advice on which is better? I have my heart set on a beach wedding so the condition of the beach is super-important. Please assist!!

I've stayed at both, and I'm pretty sure there's no beach at Aventura. They have lagoons to swim in. They clean the seaweed off the beach everyday at MP, and I've seen lots of beautiful wedding pictures at MP and never noticed the seaweed in the pictures.

There is no beach at ASP. MP does have a beach but from what I understand it is not the greatest beach but it is a beach.

The reason we chose MP over ASP was that we hated the hour and half drive down to ASP after we got off our flight. MP is very close to the airport so it is a lot quicker to get to the resort when you get there. The other thing to consider is MP is a lot bigger which does mean more pools, bars and restaurants but it also means more walking or waiting for shuttles. I guess it depends on how many you are expecting and the age of your guests as well.

MP does have seaweed on the beach but they also work to get it cleaned up...they do have gazebos right by the beach/ocean for you to get married in, but if you are dreaming of being married on a pristine white sandy beach, then I don't know if you will truly be happy with MP. That being said, I was married at MP and I LOVED it - we were married in the catholic gazebo and the staff/food/EVERYTHING was amazing and beautiful. The horse-drawn carriage was so beautiful and they are very very kid-friendly. Good Luck with your decision!

I got married at ACP and loved it. But we also didn't go there for the beach. If that's in your top priorities MP would be the better option for you. But ACP is smaller and more intimate and has many many many great qualities, esp for a wedding!

At ASP the lagoon was awesome. I did not miss the beach for one second. You can snorkel and swim without having waves crash over you. Also, you could use a floaty and bask in the sun without blowing away. If you want a beach, there is one 5 minutes away from the resort, but all of our guests didn't miss it anymore than we did.

The activities went on around the main pool, so the lagoon was more of a relaxation area.

My daughter was just married at Aventura Spa and had the ceremony on the Cove side in the Coba Gazebo. It was so beautiful! Aventura is indeed smaller than Moon, if you want something a little more intimate yet still have the horsedrawn carriage. Here are some photos of my daughters wedding, so you can see how beautiful the resort is.

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...1AZNGbNm5Zs3LA