Photo

Any brides from the UK

• Please log in to reply
3940 replies to this topic

#641 roxmysockz

roxmysockz
  • 418 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:23 PM

Ok taking on board what you said Nicci... I just ordered them!

I only plan on getting married once and I want favours people will love and re-use!!

I also really wanted a starfish for my bouquet but every site I found wanted ridiculous shipping $65 for a $15 starfish!

I found a website that has the bottle stoppers and the starfish that wants only $18 shipping!

So I ordered the starfish Starfish Bouquet Jewelry - 3 colors

Andddd a fuschia and orange garter to go with my wedding colours woop

Darling Duo Fuchsia/Orange Garter

Also great Idea to get a list going of UK brides!!! xx

#642 roxmysockz

roxmysockz
    • 418 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by josietoms
      Hey ladies I like the borrowing of the sixpence idea - but I have my borrowed item - my mums garter from when she married my dad :-)
      Lovely idea Nicy - if my mum cant find her garter I will be in the sixpence club. You can get them on ebay really cheap x
      Ahhh that is lovely!! I wish I had something like that to borrow from my mother or even my FI's mother!

I intend to keep some items from my wedding so that my *future* (hopefully) daughter can use for her something borrowed!

Hope you post a pic when your mum finds it! x

#643 josietoms

josietoms
      • 765 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

So heres the current list of UK brides............

July 2010
        Woodsylou
        30/07/10
        Moon Palace
        From Bishops Stortford

Sept 2010
        roo6 6
        03/09/10
        Zante, Greece
        From Lenham, Kent

Oct 2010
        Mrs Price 2010
        05/10/10
        Riu Tequila
        From Gloucester

Dec 2010
        yeya99
        30/12/10
        Gran Caribe Real

January 2011

jodieP (Jodie)
        11/01/11
        Riu Caribe
        From Glasgow

janapana(Joanna)
        12/01/11
        Riu Tequila
        Living in Spain

josietoms (Josie)
        24/01/11
        Catalonia Riviera Maya
        From Tunbridge Wells, Kent

March 2011

BecaJ
        26/03/11
        Gran Porto Real
        From Luton

April 2011

Jacqui
        April 2011
        Moon Palace
        From Liverpool

roxmysockz (Kerry)
        08/04/11
        Dreams Riviera Cancun
        From Billericay, Essex

May 2011

JoanneIreland
        May 2011
        Barcelo Maya
        From Ireland

Nicyx (Nicola)
        06/05/11
        Riu Palace
        From Warrington - living in Annan

June 2011

Michelle2011 (Michelle)
        01/06/11
        Barcelo Maya Palace
        From Welling, Kent

Waybuloo (Lisa)
        02/06/11
        Gran Bahia Principe Tulum
        From London

July 2011

leonie1986
        07/07/11
        Casamagna Marriott, Cancun

Lynsey
        25/07/11
        El Dorado Royale
        From Glasgow

November 2011

Soon-To-Be-McRae (Vicki)
        12/11/11
        Gran Caribe Real
        From Blackpool

char79UK (Charmaine)
        July 2012
        Gran Caribe Real
        From Croydon
        Josie x

#644 michelle2011

michelle2011
        • 1,301 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:04 AM

wow i didn't realise there were so many of us UK brides on here, that's wicked. Thanx Josie!!

Girls my "bride" bag was from graciousbridal.com and was $19.95.

I love the starfish bottle stops Kerry! lovely idea...

with regard to weight... is it one case per paying person? I heard you can also have an extra case for the wedding dress is this correct? I am putting my dress in a hand luggage case so was thinking of using the spare one for wedding bits? Can anyone enlighten me on what is and isn't correct? Thanx

#645 michelle2011

michelle2011
          • 1,301 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:31 AM

girls how do you get free bits with vistaprint? I just looked at the free stuff and did a pen design and it came to £25!! NOT so free!!!

#646 Mrs Price 2010

Mrs Price 2010
            • 74 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:29 AM

I'd check with your tour operator regarding weight! I'm going with Thomsons and they give you extra for your wedding attire and because my hotels classed as 'Platinum' they give you extra as well!! My bloke keeps telling me that I'm got no excuse to be over..... hmmm still might happen!!

Great idea regarding the six pence - I've already got one and it's kind of been in the family for ages, the women pass it on to the next bride to be and so on. Would offer to share it also, but think my Mum would hit the roof!!

Can't believe how many UK brides there are!

#647 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
              • 545 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:51 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nicyx
                What a great idea.... Yes i see that starfish passing thread and i just think its wonderful... What could we borrow? Interesting :-)

I posted my fans on the DIY forum today, I have 3 different handles, just to be different :-)

Hi am I from the UK and just recently got engaged a couple of weeks ago. We are looking into having our wedding at the Moon Palace, Cancun or the Royal, Cancun.

Is anyone else having their Wedding at any of these hotels?
                hey! welcome! where in the UK are you? i get married at the Moon Palace NEXT WEEK! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHA!!!!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by char79uk
                Wow, can't believe you'll be going soon. just enjoy every minute of it and bring us back lots of photos.

xx
                Thank you!!! I am mega excited! it's my last day at work today, look at my desk!!

Ok taking on board what you said Nicci... I just ordered them!

I only plan on getting married once and I want favours people will love and re-use!!

I also really wanted a starfish for my bouquet but every site I found wanted ridiculous shipping $65 for a $15 starfish!

I found a website that has the bottle stoppers and the starfish that wants only $18 shipping!
                wow i didn't realise there were so many of us UK brides on here, that's wicked. Thanx Josie!!

Girls my "bride" bag was from graciousbridal.com and was $19.95.

I love the starfish bottle stops Kerry! lovely idea...

with regard to weight... is it one case per paying person? I heard you can also have an extra case for the wedding dress is this correct? I am putting my dress in a hand luggage case so was thinking of using the spare one for wedding bits? Can anyone enlighten me on what is and isn't correct? Thanx
                it depends on your airline. im with thomas cook. out hand luggage is only 5kg and 23x17x11 so there's no way i can take my dress on as hand luggage. but we did get a free suitcase up to 20kg for wedding 'etire' only!
                a UK bride :)

35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

#648 janapana

janapana
                • 591 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

Haha love your desk louise..... are you doing any work today?! What have you got left to do with your next couple of days before you go? Apart from bouncing around like an over-excited tweenie!

#649 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
                  • 545 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:48 AM

haha! cute isn't it? so far today i've had a gorgeous photo frame, a 'home sweet home' thing to hang on the wall and a bottle of bubbly! more to come too! WAHOOO!

i have a few things, beaticians/hairdressers, i need to pack, i need to confirm the catamaran trip, i need to change money up, that kind of thing. im sure there is more, but i can't be bothered to think about it! i just want to be drunk! hahaha!
                    a UK bride :)

35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

#650 josietoms

josietoms
                    • 765 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:01 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Woodsylou
                      haha! cute isn't it? so far today i've had a gorgeous photo frame, a 'home sweet home' thing to hang on the wall and a bottle of bubbly! more to come too! WAHOOO!

i have a few things, beaticians/hairdressers, i need to pack, i need to confirm the catamaran trip, i need to change money up, that kind of thing. im sure there is more, but i can't be bothered to think about it! i just want to be drunk! hahaha!
                      Love your desk that is so cute! Wishing you a fantastic time away and will be thinking of you - whoop whoop Woodsylou is on the wedding train!!! Lol.
                      Josie x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users