Jump to content

Photo

Any brides from the UK


  • Please log in to reply
3940 replies to this topic

#3821 carrieb258

carrieb258
  • Jr. Member
  • 216 posts

    Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

    Hi Selina, 

     

    I spoke to Thomas Cook and they said that as I have not booked my wedding with them I cannot have the extra luggage allowance so I guess I am stuck with what I have got. I was considering taking it to another level, seems a bit cheeky really - all my party have booked holidays with them - totalling £25k - yet they cant give us some extra luggage allowance! Stupid! 

     

    I am still going to try and take it on the plane with me I don't see how they can stop me really as long as I have it in the right size case, which I know you can buy online. 

     

    Don't worry about your dress if you look at all the pictures online very few people actually choose a 'destination' wedding dress and they all look perfectly happy to me!!!! 

     

    Carrie x
     

    Originally Posted by Selina Newman 


    Hi Carrie Thomas Cook have said I can have the extra luggage allowance but need to wait 90 days before we are due to travel to add it to our itinerary how did you get on with it?

     

    They have told me that there Terms and Conditions state that you cant carry your dress on as hand luggage either.  My dress is quite big and dont think i will fit it in a box with the dimensions of there hand luggage as they are soooooo small.

     

    Ordering my dress tomorrow so excited.

     

    Glad I am not the only one ordering a non destion wedding dress as one shop really had me worrying about it.  They told me if I didnt buy a destionation wedding dress I would not look happy in my wedding photos as I would be to hot the cheek.

     

    xx
     



     

     



     



    #3822 leasexy24

    leasexy24
    • Newbie
    • 112 posts

      Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

      Hi all I'm defiantly takin my dress on board with me just buy the right size case they don't know what's in it.. I ordered my dress in jan so 9 months b4 the wedding it came in store in April so pretty quick. We booked our holiday & wedding with Thomas cook an have 20kg extra. Thanks nicy for my lucky sixpence!!! An my first card! 18 sleeps til we leave going getting my tickets tomoz. Xx

      #3823 Selina Newman

      Selina Newman
      • Newbie
      • 46 posts

        Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:51 AM

        Hi Carrie keep me posted on how it goes taking your dress on board with you as your wedding is not far away now :-)  I was suprised Thomas Cook said I could have the extra luggage allowance as I have not booked my wedding with them either.  I am going to save the email they have sent me too.

         

        Jenna I am about to order my wedding dress today so 13 months in advance planning to get my bridesmaid dresses early next year as one of my bridesmaids is pregnant at the mo.

         

        xx



        #3824 carrieb258

        carrieb258
        • Jr. Member
        • 216 posts

          Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:36 AM

          I will of course let you know how I get on. What was the name of the TC representative you got an email from I may see if I can phone and speak to her/him ;-)

           

          Its not far away at all, we fly 8 weeks tomorrow eeek! I went to an early morning boot camp this morning which was murder and as I was running round feeling like I was about to die I kept thinking "8 weeks, 8 weeks!!!" 



          #3825 Selina Newman

          Selina Newman
          • Newbie
          • 46 posts

            Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:00 AM


            Wow you are dedicated :-)  I want to loose 1/2 stone before I get married I am starting with the Wii fit to see how I get on.

             

            It was a Danny who responded to my email.

             

            Owwww not long until you will be a wifey how exciting.

             

            xx
             

            Originally Posted by carrieb258 

            I will of course let you know how I get on. What was the name of the TC representative you got an email from I may see if I can phone and speak to her/him ;-)

             

            Its not far away at all, we fly 8 weeks tomorrow eeek! I went to an early morning boot camp this morning which was murder and as I was running round feeling like I was about to die I kept thinking "8 weeks, 8 weeks!!!" 



             



            #3826 samcalv1

            samcalv1
            • Jr. Member
            • 300 posts

              Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:57 AM

              Welcome along you will find loads of useful tips and ideas on here.......

              Hi Ladies,

               

              Another UK bride here, I get married 6th September 2012..!

               

              I was just wondering how far in advance you all bought your dress & bridesmaid dresses etc? I am under the year mark now and feel rushed all of a sudden to buy!! xxxx



              OMG only 18 more sleeps !!!!!!! Exciting!!!! Got 5 weeks so 35 more sleeps for me!!! x lol
               

              Originally Posted by leasexy24 

              Hi all
              I'm defiantly takin my dress on board with me just buy the right size case they don't know what's in it.. I ordered my dress in jan so 9 months b4 the wedding it came in store in April so pretty quick.
              We booked our holiday & wedding with Thomas cook an have 20kg extra.
              Thanks nicy for my lucky sixpence!!! An my first card!
              18 sleeps til we leave going getting my tickets tomoz.
              Xx


               

               

              Now thats what you call commitment !!!! lol
               

              Originally Posted by carrieb258 

              I will of course let you know how I get on. What was the name of the TC representative you got an email from I may see if I can phone and speak to her/him ;-)

               

              Its not far away at all, we fly 8 weeks tomorrow eeek! I went to an early morning boot camp this morning which was murder and as I was running round feeling like I was about to die I kept thinking "8 weeks, 8 weeks!!!" 



               



              #3827 jennaba3

              jennaba3
              • Jr. Member
              • 210 posts

                Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:26 AM



                Originally Posted by samcalv1 

                Welcome along you will find loads of useful tips and ideas on here....... I ordered my dress in Feb and it came in first week of June, ordered bridesmaid dress in April and it came in end of June so don't panic you have plenty of time however time does go quicly lol xx I've got 5 weeks until we fly cannot wait now xxx Can see you are from Swansea I'm in Llanelli so not too far away from you xxx
                 


                 

                 


                 

                Wow not far away at all.. Im in Gorseinon..Small world!  Everyone keeps asking me 'Have u started looking at dresses yet?!' and theyre making me panic! lol.. Although I think I will make a few appointments this week.. Where did you start looking? Most places in Swansea are appointment only so I think ill make a day of it.. 5 weeks away!! Are you all set?? How long have u been planning it for?? I can see the next 12 months are just going to be everything Mexico and Wedding! lol xxxx
                 

                 



                #3828 samcalv1

                samcalv1
                • Jr. Member
                • 300 posts

                  Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:41 PM


                  Wow Gorseinon just down the road!!!!!!  I started looking last summer for my dress but didn't find the 'one', went to Bridal Elegance in Llanelli she just had some new Benjamin Roberts styles in Feb so I waited and found it straight away!!!!  Emeilia who owns Bridal Elegance is amazing sooo patient..... x  I had to make appts as well l preferred this as I felt I didn't need to rush and could try on as many as I liked lol xxx Make the most of trying on the dresses and try as many as you can lol xxx  We booked the wedding and holiday in July last year and it felt a loooong way off and now all of a sudden its here lol xx Cannot wait tho....... How many are going with you? Have you thought of colours yet? A few of the girls on here havbe either got married or getting married at the Sensatori and the reviews they've put on here it sounds amazing




                   

                  Wow not far away at all.. Im in Gorseinon..Small world!  Everyone keeps asking me 'Have u started looking at dresses yet?!' and theyre making me panic! lol.. Although I think I will make a few appointments this week.. Where did you start looking? Most places in Swansea are appointment only so I think ill make a day of it.. 5 weeks away!! Are you all set?? How long have u been planning it for?? I can see the next 12 months are just going to be everything Mexico and Wedding! lol xxxx
                   

                   



                   



                  #3829 herbie76

                  herbie76
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 270 posts

                    Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

                    Hi girlies omg I am so missing planning the wedding, I've been married nearly 6 weeks now! Jennaba3 I got married at sensatori, the hotel is amazing and the staff are fantastic, any questions just ask. :-) My little girl Hollie cried going into playschool this week when I asked her why she was crying she answered 'Cos i want to go back to mexico' she lives and misses it so much as do all of 22 guests! Happy planning!!
                    On August 2nd at 3pm at Sensatori Resort, Riviera Maya, Mexico I marry my best friend.

                    #3830 jennaba3

                    jennaba3
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 210 posts

                      Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:24 AM



                      Originally Posted by samcalv1 


                      Wow Gorseinon just down the road!!!!!!  I started looking last summer for my dress but didn't find the 'one', went to Bridal Elegance in Llanelli she just had some new Benjamin Roberts styles in Feb so I waited and found it straight away!!!!  Emeilia who owns Bridal Elegance is amazing sooo patient..... x  I had to make appts as well l preferred this as I felt I didn't need to rush and could try on as many as I liked lol xxx Make the most of trying on the dresses and try as many as you can lol xxx  We booked the wedding and holiday in July last year and it felt a loooong way off and now all of a sudden its here lol xx Cannot wait tho....... How many are going with you? Have you thought of colours yet? A few of the girls on here havbe either got married or getting married at the Sensatori and the reviews they've put on here it sounds amazing

                       



                       



                      We've got 37 booked so far and another 4 are still deciding.. All 37 of us have booked together so it was crazy booking for everyone and the total..  How many of you got going? Yes ive always loved the colour lemon for my bridesmaid.. And I think lemon and white will look so fresh on the beach but ive just seen this watermelon colour and wow, its lush! So ive not 100% decided yet.. What are your colours? Are you taking much with u? Ive been excited buying loads of stuff to take already and I keep forgetting I gotta lug all the all the way to mexico! lol xxxx

                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users