Thanks girls, I feel like such a weight has been lifted off me.  I was stressing so much about how to pay for everything and starting to think we'd made a huge mistake choosing to get married here for the family over Mexico, i'm just so relieved that it seems to be working out now.  We had a budget set and we're still sticking to it but this will just ease up the pressure a bit.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My AHR invites came yesterday spent 3 hours writing them last night ready to hand out!!!!! Also Natasha'a dress has arrived and she has a fitting on Thursday, and my fitting is Wednesday cannot wait to go and try on my dress!!!! Hope I still like it LOL xx

Hi ladies, it feels like ages since I have been on so I have had to read through a lot to catch up!

char - I was laughing at your bored at home posts, that novelty wore off quickly! I love the ideas that you have got for the flowers and jewellery, and your bridesmaid dresses are DDG - where did you get them from? I was getting worried for you when you were talking about the financial pressures and then WOW I got to the end and you had all that good news!! You must feel so relieved and present Char must be so thankful that past char was so sensible! Now you can just relax and enjoy planning your dream wedding and honeymoon! It is a nightmare isnt it when your 2 halves dont match up, I normally wear separates but I really want a dress for the day!

Michelle - your pictures are amazing!! You all look so beautiful and happy, did it go just as you planned? It made me wish the time away when I saw them, but  then I realised that I have nothing planned really so I need all the time that I have left!lol  Sounds like you had a brilliant time at your AHR too, where did you do it and where are the pictures! How flamin annoying that they didnt do the final alterations and that your mum had to fix it, I would soooo be looking for some money back. 

Leasexy - I cant think what the boys can wear at the moment I am leaning towards linen suits and white shirts so that they dont get too hot. It wont be long now until your dress fitting, I bet you cant wait! What are your wedding rings like?

Waybuloo - where are you pictures? I am so nosy but I love looking at them. I cant find your review either but then I am always amazed when I manage to find this thread, I am not that adapt on computers. It sounds like you really enjoyed your day, when I find the review I will have a proper read!

Herbie - OMG Hollie is actually edible, she is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! Hope that you had a good time on your hen, but didnt do a Char!

Sam - I lol at your post about wanting october to be here so you can afford to go out again! Are you going to give us a glimpse of the dress when you have your fitting? I love seeing pictures. 3 hours writing invites! Wow! I have just rung the people that we are inviting lol. God I am so slack, I am telling myself that it is because it is a vow renewal, not that I am too idle.

Lynds - I just looked at your photos and they are gorgeous! 

I had my skpe first measurements with Lyn last week, she is lovely and has all sorts of ideas about what kind of dress it will be but we know it will be based on this design

http://www.honeycolebridal.co.uk/ContentPage.aspx?PageId=41&articleId=74

I am getting really excited now! I also had a skpe chat with our makeup artists MPV, they are amazing!! I had a long chat with Melissa and Edgar about the various looks, they are really excited about it all and are looking forwards to the TTD session too, they will be doing the makeup for all the girls on it and we are going to have my daughters wearing fairy wings running through the rainforest, we are doing an urban and a rainforest TTD - I know I am greedy but it will be so much fun. this is the slideshow that inspired us.

http://www.fineartstudioblog.com/oqeypopups.php?oqeyid=14

Melissa has asked me to send her pictures of the dress - once we have designed it so that she can help me find the right 'look' for my hair and makeup for the day - wild woman of borneo being my usual style - she is really enthusiastic and has loads of ideas. she set my mind at ease as well by saying that the makeup for the day should enhance what I already have - not make me look like someone else.

Fabrizio from fineartstudio has been fantastic, he is liasing with Melissa and Edgar to work out the looks and locations for it all. He has also set my mind at ease because I am really camera shy, so he has talked me through the way that they will do it on the day, which is basically much more photojournalistic, with a few semi posed shots.

I still havent sorted out the problem with the rooms but the wedding coordinators have handed me to the onsite coordinator, which is a bonus I suppose because at he Gran Caribe you dont normally get handed over until 30 days before the wedding. I have got to sit down and start thinking about food, flowers and all the other stuff!

We are thinking of throwing a big party in May over the extended bank holiday -kind of a combination of DH's birthday and an AHR for those that couldnt get to the vow renewal - do you think 2 months later is too late?

Nina, 

Your sounding mega excited.

Thanks for all the inforomation re the wedding.

I noticed you posted pictures from Honey Cole that shop is in touching distance from where i live. Where are you from??

Well girls think i have finally made a decision on a photographer. I realised during the panic how important the photos are to me. So i have ended up with Claudia Photo. I love their photos. Unfortunately there was only one photographer available Erick Rodriguz but his photos still look fantastic. Bit of a mega blow out to worry about now!   More overtime please!!!

Hi UK brides!

Congratulations to all of you. I live in Canada and I'm getting married at the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana, DR. I have a lot of guests coming from the UK - we are hoping to book them a package through Thomson Holidays. I'm wondering if any of you can recommend a travel agent that works with Thomson?

Thanks!

nishabella - I used thecaribbeanwarehouse.co.uk , they have been really helpful and they hammered everyone else on the price. I am having issues with Thomsons at the moment, but it is complicated, partly due to the way that I am trying to link bookings together. You will find that most Uk tour operators dont give the actual names of the guests to the resort until a 2 months before you travel, which makes linking bookings a pain.

Kerry - I am actually in Cornwall now I used honey cole bridals because they had the best images of the dress that I like. I know what you mean about the pictures, I -much a s I hate having my photo taken - love photo albums! Could I ask what you are paying and what kind of package you are getting?

I am flying with Thomsons. But i booked through First Choice at a Holiday Hypermarket. The staff there have been fantastic and organised all my guests including there issues for me. Thomsons and First Choice are now all one company.

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by nishabella View Post

Hi UK brides!

Congratulations to all of you. I live in Canada and I'm getting married at the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana, DR. I have a lot of guests coming from the UK - we are hoping to book them a package through Thomson Holidays. I'm wondering if any of you can recommend a travel agent that works with Thomson?

Thanks!

I hate having my photo taken too. Going to ask for some more artistic type photos that concentrate on as much of the environment as the people in the shot.

Im lucky in that Claudia Photo are one of the recommended photographers at the hotel so i haven't got to pay that $800 vendors fee which is crazy.

Im having 3 hrs as we are not having a big reception and im hoping for lots of drunken photos for the latter part of hte night from friends.

The 3 hrs package is $1890. With $150 credit for items of your choice. Includes all the photos on DVD.

Sounds pretty good considering how much i was working out bringing a photographer in with the Vendor fee.

Fingers crossed!!!

Originally Posted by nina874 View Post

nishabella - I used thecaribbeanwarehouse.co.uk , they have been really helpful and they hammered everyone else on the price. I am having issues with Thomsons at the moment, but it is complicated, partly due to the way that I am trying to link bookings together. You will find that most Uk tour operators dont give the actual names of the guests to the resort until a 2 months before you travel, which makes linking bookings a pain.

Kerry - I am actually in Cornwall now I used honey cole bridals because they had the best images of the dress that I like. I know what you mean about the pictures, I -much a s I hate having my photo taken - love photo albums! Could I ask what you are paying and what kind of package you are getting?

Hi All

Well I survived London or should I say London survived us!! I was greated at the station by the most ugliest blow up doll ever we named him 'Keith the teeth'.I had a lovely veil with card with naked men all over it (stars covering their willies) and a sash with 'Bride to Be Jay's Bitch' on it all the other girls had 'Hen Party Mo's Bitch' (my nickname). On the train we had cans of Pimms and bottles of Asti, so a lovely start to the weeekend. The cocktail masterclass was awsome, we made 7 different cocktails I had 2 of each and lots of shots from chilli to jellybean flavour. As you can imagine we were all very merry, just as well they served us up some lovely food aswell followed by another 2 jugs of cocktails. Our hotel was lovely we all had 'Prestige suites' our room was huge so thats where we all drank before going to Carwash. Carwash was very small but the music was great we all dresses up 80's style. I had an absoultley great weekend and all the girls were great.

I had my dress fitting on tuesday and it has to be taking in 5inches which I thought was fab.

P6180484.JPGP6180544.JPGP6180550.JPGP6180583.JPGP6180595.JPGP6180579.JPG