Jump to content

Photo

Any brides from the UK


  • Please log in to reply
3940 replies to this topic

#351 josietoms

josietoms
  • Member
  • 765 posts

    Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:20 AM

    Gonna attempt to upload the pic - not v good quality was on my mums phone! Excuse the face i was trying to tell my mum how to use the phone - lol!

    Click the image to open in full size.
    Josie x

    #352 Woodsylou

    Woodsylou
    • Member
    • 545 posts

      Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:23 AM

      i am so sorry to hear about your job, i can't believe companies can do that, just throw you out and not pay for the work you did. awful. I hope it all comes through ok. you sound chirpy though, that's the spirit! i'll deffo keep my ears/eyes peeled for you. have you looked on secretarial jobs, admin jobs in London & the UK - SecsintheCity

      your dress is GORGEOUS! you look so different in every pic! the dress is so beautiful, your waist is tiny! you lucky thing! you must be so pleased with it :)
      a UK bride :)

      35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

      My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

      #353 josietoms

      josietoms
      • Member
      • 765 posts

        Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Woodsylou
        i am so sorry to hear about your job, i can't believe companies can do that, just throw you out and not pay for the work you did. awful. I hope it all comes through ok. you sound chirpy though, that's the spirit! i'll deffo keep my ears/eyes peeled for you. have you looked on secretarial jobs, admin jobs in London & the UK - SecsintheCity

        your dress is GORGEOUS! you look so different in every pic! the dress is so beautiful, your waist is tiny! you lucky thing! you must be so pleased with it :)
        thanks for the link - i'll get searching on there as well x

        My waist is tiny cause its pulled in so tight :-) it fitted perfectly but i need to lose a few pounds so i can put them back on when on hols as i dont get married until day 10 of 14!

        Thanks for your comments i was really pleased i got it the day after I was made redundant so it was all bitter sweet really. My sig picture is a couple of years old - but seem to have v few photos of me and FI together!

        I'm not going to let this redundancy get to me - i did get an interview and offered a job by the company which bought my company out but at 45% less money - i politely told them where to stick it!!! So i have to think positive and think they took me on following an interview so hopefully someone else will :-) FI thinks it great me being at home, doing the washing, making dinner - hey it was only day one - its suprising how you can fill your days doing nothing - esp when you have a wedding to plan xx
        Josie x

        #354 roxmysockz

        roxmysockz
        • Jr. Member
        • 418 posts

          Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by josietoms
          Hey ladies haven't been on here for a few days I've been trying to sort out a few things as I did lose my job on Friday which wasn't a bolt out of the blue as the company has been struggling for a while. It was a smack in the face when they told us we wouldn't be paid for June as they went into administration and we therefore have to claim for our wages owed the same way as we claim for our redundancy! So been moving my monies around to cover the bills for this month and then once the redundancy and money i am owed is in my bank i will be ok - so have been searching the internet for jobs!!! So if you hear of any customer service jobs in kent / london think of me i do have a wedding in 6 months time - lol!! FI has said the wedding and AHR are still on as we will lose more than we would save - so i havent done any wedding stuff for ages and now i have time on my hands and dont know where to begin. I think i will begin looking through all your posts that will take me some time :-)

          On the plus side my dress came...... I'll try and post a picture :-)

          Oh no Josie!!!! thats horrible news! Will keep my eyes open for you.

          On the positive side I LOVE your dress gorgeous!! xx

          #355 Nicyx

          Nicyx
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,914 posts

            Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

            Oh Josie, Im so so sorry that your in that situation, as woodsylou has said, you sound very positive and i think that is great... MASSIVE hugs to you I do hope you get something soon... Thinking of you in your horrible times X

            Great that your dress has come, you look absolutly stunning.. one hot bride to be :-) I just love everything about it. You must be so so pleased... your smile tell it all xox

            #356 michelle2011

            michelle2011
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,301 posts

              Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:43 PM

              Aww Josie as the other girls have said, so sorry to hear that. I'm so glad your not letting it get the better of you. You still have the wedding to look forward to and you look a million dollars in your dress. Really suits you! lovely x

              woodsylou - your list has made me panic a bit. I haven't even thought about them bits and i still have loads to do.... arrgghh

              #357 Nicyx

              Nicyx
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,914 posts

                Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:38 PM



                Some of you may have read this on another thread but i wana tell the world...... :-)

                I HAVE THE BESTESTEST NEWS..... WHOO WHOO.....

                As some of you know my mum and dad have been debating for weeks and weeks if they can afford to come to our wedding... i know they really wanted to come but were unsure!!! My mum woke up this morn with a gutt feeling... went to the travel agent tonight after work and booked... YIPEE, they finally booked, My dad can give me away after all.... Im so so so happy.... My mum and dad will be at our wedding!!!!!!!!! My mum said she just woke up today and thought i cant miss my daughters wedding, and that was it!!! ARGH!!!!!!!



                As you can probably guess im so excited

                xoxo

                #358 janapana

                janapana
                • Member
                • 591 posts

                  Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by josietoms
                  gonna attempt to upload the pic - not v good quality was on my mums phone! Excuse the face i was trying to tell my mum how to use the phone - lol!

                  Click the image to open in full size.
                  stunning!!!

                  #359 Soon-to-be-McRae

                  Soon-to-be-McRae
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 157 posts

                    Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by josietoms
                    Hey ladies haven't been on here for a few days I've been trying to sort out a few things as I did lose my job on Friday which wasn't a bolt out of the blue as the company has been struggling for a while. It was a smack in the face when they told us we wouldn't be paid for June as they went into administration and we therefore have to claim for our wages owed the same way as we claim for our redundancy! So been moving my monies around to cover the bills for this month and then once the redundancy and money i am owed is in my bank i will be ok - so have been searching the internet for jobs!!! So if you hear of any customer service jobs in kent / london think of me i do have a wedding in 6 months time - lol!! FI has said the wedding and AHR are still on as we will lose more than we would save - so i havent done any wedding stuff for ages and now i have time on my hands and dont know where to begin. I think i will begin looking through all your posts that will take me some time :-)

                    On the plus side my dress came...... I'll try and post a picture :-)
                    Awww Josie sorry to hear the news about your job, will keep my fingers and toes crossed and hope you find something soon, in a more positive light your dress is stunning and you look lovely.

                    Nicy....Thats fantastic news about your Mum and Dad so pleased for you it must be sooo exciting when people start booking up, carnt wait for that.

                    I went in to first choice yesterday to find out when we can book for November 2011 and the TA said it looks to be like late November 2010, this only gives us less than a year to book and pay for everything as they like the full balance 6-8 weeks before departure which doesnt seem very long so i am getting a bit worried now and also that we wont be able to get the date we want, i feel like i have hit a brick wall and carnt see what i can get done before we can book.

                    Vicki x

                    #360 josietoms

                    josietoms
                    • Member
                    • 765 posts

                      Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

                      Thanks for all your lovely comments girls regarding my dress and your kind comments about the job situation.

                      Nicy - that is really fantastic news about your parents - now there will be people from each side of the family it will definately feel all the more special - really pleased for you.

                      Vicki - when i booked my hols / wedding last November for this coming January the brochures had only just come out so what your TA is saying sounds about right. Can you not tie your choice down to 2 or 3 resorts based on this winters prices etc and then worked on the basis of adding on another 10% so you can start saving now and giving everyone else an idea of prices? I would say book as soon as you can though as we wanted to initially go the end of Jan to beg of Feb but those dates had already gone and the prices had only been out 10 days - apparently the winter dates go quicker than those in the summer months. It will all come good in the end anyways it always does :-) xx
                      Josie x




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users