• Please log in to reply
3940 replies to this topic

#3311 marleydog

marleydog
  • Site Supporter
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:01 AM

Thanks Sam. 

I've also been thinking about the Ering question & think that like you, I'll wear mine on my right hand until after the ceremony.   xx

Originally Posted by samcalv1 

Lyndsey - I am going to wear my Ering on my right hand for the ceremony - hope this helps.

Herbie - Fantastic idea - maybe we should all toast each other with mojitos LOL (They are £5 a bottle in ASDA and they are lush!!!!)

Marley - Love your second dress it is soooo pretty xx

Michelle - REALLY looking forward to seeing your pics of your hen... Have a fantastic night hun xxx 

Waybuloo - Where are you staying the night before?... We've booked the Russ Hill for the night before had quite a good deal £115 for 7 of us.....

August 4th 2011 - Sandals Antigua Grande Resort & Spa.

#3312 marleydog

marleydog
    • Site Supporter
    • 144 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:16 AM

Hi Kerry,

I dont think it looks at all frumpy.  It's a real princess look & is so flattering, but I can see why you'd like the first picture, that's beautiful too.  Have you tried the first picture one on at all?   I can see why you're in two minds.  This probably isn't going to help you at all but if possible, I would try both on & see how you feel. Can you take someone with you who will give you a really honest opinion? I really struggled for ages but ended up going for the one that made me feel like a princess, which is how we all want to feel on our big day.   xx

Originally Posted by kerry872 

Marley Dog i love both your dresses. Wish i could get two and decide on the day but the budget will definately not let me!!!

This is the dress i cant stop thinking about!! Not me in it obviously!!!

Paseo.jpg

And this is me in the dress that i really fell in love with but worried about! Made me feel like a princess!! But perhaps a little frumpy??

david fielden dress.jpg

#3313 josietoms

josietoms
      • 765 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by michelle2011 

i'm going to wear my engagement ring on my right hand and after the ceremony put it on my left with my wedding ring...OMG that sounds weird. MY wedding ring!! 

Note to B2B - THIS MAKE CAUSE CONFUSION WITH THE MALE BRAIN!!!!  I wore mine on my right hand and yes you've guessed it Buster tried to put my wedding ring on that finger.  It caused a laugh but my bro assures me I gave him the look of death - afterwards he said why did you do that you told me its goes on the finger your engagement ring is on - lol!!!

Attached Files

Josie x

#3314 marleydog

marleydog
        • Site Supporter
        • 144 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:25 AM

Hi Leasexy,

I love the first one too but just didn't feel very bridal in it.  It's ideal for a destination weddding but I wanted to have that walking on air feeling, which the second one gave me.

The dress you've picked is stunning.  xx

Originally Posted by leasexy24 

both dressesare nice but i love the 1st one.

i had 2 dresses one was a princess dress which i didnt even want to try on! but made you feel special. an the 1st dressi saw tried on i loved an flattered my figure an was what i wanted. i tried them both on about 5 times an i went for the second 1 its my profile picture on here.

leasexy24 profile picture

#3315 herbie76

herbie76
          • Site Supporter
          • 270 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:27 AM

Hi Ashley I got the bags done on vistaprint, but had the logo done by www.ayleebits.com/ You can design your own monogram for your wedding. Nicy good luck and all the best for your wedding and holiday. Enjoy it and can't wait to hear about it. What time and date is your wedding so we know when to raise a glass. Xx
            On August 2nd at 3pm at Sensatori Resort, Riviera Maya, Mexico I marry my best friend.

#3316 marleydog

marleydog
            • Site Supporter
            • 144 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

Hi Ashley,

Bridal shops can be a bit intimidating.  I went in a couple that were really busy & I felt like everyone was watching & judging each dress I tried on.  Which of course they were, but probably in a good way.  I felt quite insecure about the whole thing but then found a small bridal shop where there were only 2 shop assistants & I instantly felt relaxed.  I guess I felt the opposite to how you do & I felt I could relax more not having everyone look at me when I came out of the changing room.  Maybe if you take a couple of friends with you, it wont feel so quiet & you may not feel so anxious if you've got people your relaxed around with you. xx

#3317 michelle2011

michelle2011
              • 1,301 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by josietoms 

Note to B2B - THIS MAKE CAUSE CONFUSION WITH THE MALE BRAIN!!!!  I wore mine on my right hand and yes you've guessed it Buster tried to put my wedding ring on that finger.  It caused a laugh but my bro assures me I gave him the look of death - afterwards he said why did you do that you told me its goes on the finger your engagement ring is on - lol!!!

ha ha that made me giggle! Typical man ah i'm sure Dan will do the same but i throw out my left hand so he gets the right one, lol.....(look of death, love it. I might throw a few of those out to MIL)

#3318 michelle2011

michelle2011
                • 1,301 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:56 PM

Kerry i think both dresses are lovely. I am a big one shoulder fan though and my eye is drawn to that one!  They are both so different so i can see why your torn.  I would do as marleydog said and try both on. I'm sure then you will defo know which dress is 'the one' :o) good luck! x

#3319 Nicyx

Nicyx
                  • 2,914 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:54 AM

i'm going to wear my engagement ring on my right hand and after the ceremony put it on my left with my wedding ring...OMG that sounds weird. MY wedding ring!! 

So excited about my hen, the girls have been doing bits and bobs so i guess i'm gonna be dressed up to the nines ha ha. Really can't wait! Will upload the pix as soon as the hangover is over lol x

Am going to have to find the internet when im away, i wana see the pix, im gana miss so much, good job i have a day or 2 off after we get back as i will need them to catch up on here :-)

Originally Posted by kerry872 

Marley Dog i love both your dresses. Wish i could get two and decide on the day but the budget will definately not let me!!!

This is the dress i cant stop thinking about!! Not me in it obviously!!!

@ Everyone, Is it wrong that going to a bridal dress shop fills me with absolute dread? I would love to just peruse and try stuff on on my own (well, with some help in and out of stuff) but I think I just hate the quietness of it all. Did any of you girls feel like that, or am I just being weird? haha.

xx

I went once with a friend and the other times i went i went on my own... (would have gone with mum and sis but they live MILES away from me so that wasnt an option) I liked it on my own to be honest, only thing is i would have loved a second opinion other than the ladies in the shop as they will always tell you, you look lovely... but im happy about the way i did things x

Originally Posted by herbie76 

Hi Ashley
                    I got the bags done on vistaprint, but had the logo done by www.ayleebits.com/
                    You can design your own monogram for your wedding.

Nicy good luck and all the best for your wedding and holiday. Enjoy it and can't wait to hear about it. What time and date is your wedding so we know when to raise a glass. Xx

Kerry i think both dresses are lovely. I am a big one shoulder fan though and my eye is drawn to that one!  They are both so different so i can see why your torn.  I would do as marleydog said and try both on. I'm sure then you will defo know which dress is 'the one' :o) good luck! x

#3320 Nicyx

Nicyx
                    • 2,914 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:58 AM

HAHA, really laughed out loud to this....

Nicy good luck and all the best for your wedding and holiday. Enjoy it and can't wait to hear about it. What time and date is your wedding so we know when to raise a glass. Xx

Thanks hun, My wedding is Friday 6th May at 1PM Mexico time which will be 7PM UK time :-) xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users