Jump to content

Photo

Any brides from the UK


  • Please log in to reply
3940 replies to this topic

#2761 michelle2011

michelle2011
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,301 posts

    Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:07 AM

    Arr thanx girls, i'm sure once i've had my roots done (had them done about 4wks ago so not as blonde as normal) and have makeup on it will look alot nicer. lol.

     

    We had a lovely morning and i think i will definitely do Scarlett's hair like that for the day. She kept it in all afternoon and it held well without any hairspray so once out there and sprayed i'm sure it will sit perfect all day :o)

     

    My lovely dad just brought us round a sample of the fruit cake for the wedding. It is Delicious!! Yum yum.. x



    #2762 *lyndsey*

    *lyndsey*
    • Jr. Member
    • 184 posts

      Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:19 AM

      michelle, i love all of the hair styles they are really lovely!

       

      about the brochures...i made them on vistaprint, i didnt use a template but they are really easy to make.i included info about the bars & restaurants in our hotel, climate, useful mexican phrases, trips we are doing, wedding day info such as the time we are getting married and the plans for afterwards. we're sending them out this week with our evening reception back here invitations. can't wait for our guests reactions when they see the photo!! lol

       

      i am writing this from bed with the laptop slightly hungover! went to a social club last night and the drinks are so cheap you can get mortal drunk on a tenner ha ha so i did! then had a chinese after ....... uh oh if i'm not careful i will put on all the weight i lost! on the plus side 2 people commented that I looked thin

       

      off to a wedding fayre today with my friend whos just got engaged and afterwards we are going to have our feet nibbled by fish! has anyone had it done? i'll let you know how it goes when i get back x



      #2763 michelle2011

      michelle2011
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,301 posts

        Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:25 AM



        Originally Posted by *lyndsey* 

        michelle, i love all of the hair styles they are really lovely!

         

        about the brochures...i made them on vistaprint, i didnt use a template but they are really easy to make.i included info about the bars & restaurants in our hotel, climate, useful mexican phrases, trips we are doing, wedding day info such as the time we are getting married and the plans for afterwards. we're sending them out this week with our evening reception back here invitations. can't wait for our guests reactions when they see the photo!! lol

         

        i am writing this from bed with the laptop slightly hungover! went to a social club last night and the drinks are so cheap you can get mortal drunk on a tenner ha ha so i did! then had a chinese after ....... uh oh if i'm not careful i will put on all the weight i lost! on the plus side 2 people commented that I looked thin

         

        off to a wedding fayre today with my friend whos just got engaged and afterwards we are going to have our feet nibbled by fish! has anyone had it done? i'll let you know how it goes when i get back x



        Oh i bet your friends will love them. They are a great idea. Ha ha sounds like you had a good night and a compliment about being thin is always a welcome one, hee hee...

         

        Have fun at the wedding fair. I havent had the fish pedi but they do it in the beauty bar i go in and seems quite popular. Enjoy :o)

         

        I'm off swimming with Scarlett and Dan. Should be fun, lol, getting me thunder thighs out for the first time this year......eeewwww :o( x

         



        #2764 Nicyx

        Nicyx
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,914 posts

          Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:30 AM

          Michelle, your's and your BMs hair looks lovely.... They really are gorgeous.... I love how you have it in the middle of your head and your BMs hve theirs at the side... You Tiara looks perfect too :-) Scarlett's hair is just lovely too, and yeah, you have done a fantastic job lady, the flower is so cute.

          Sounds like you had an amazing day :-)

          Did you give the BMs their earrings?

           

           

          roo, the brochures are fab :-) i love the colour x

           

           

          Girls, im in panick mode and i cant stop crying... were going to have to go and see the AHR later as im convinced it wont fit all my guests... i feel sick, and this is the first thing that has stressed me out in this whole planning process... The letter i had confirming the booking of the function says 160 people but im sure it wont fit 160 sitting... the lay out just seems all wrong... i just dont know what to do, my invites have gone out already, so if i have to change venue i will look a complete idiot having to tell everyone the venue has changed... i just havent thought about this :-(

          Also i need to loose some people on the list as were over the 160 only about 6 people over but it also says on the letter from them it cant exceed 160 and people will be refused entry... ive just messed this all up and i dont know what to do... i need to go look at the room again with Stephen to see what the seating is like.... its just going to look awful when folk get there and cant sit down :-(



          #2765 michelle2011

          michelle2011
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,301 posts

            Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:46 AM



            Originally Posted by Nicyx 

            Michelle, your's and your BMs hair looks lovely.... They really are gorgeous.... I love how you have it in the middle of your head and your BMs hve theirs at the side... You Tiara looks perfect too :-) Scarlett's hair is just lovely too, and yeah, you have done a fantastic job lady, the flower is so cute.

            Sounds like you had an amazing day :-)

            Did you give the BMs their earrings?

             

             

            roo, the brochures are fab :-) i love the colour x

             

             

            Girls, im in panick mode and i cant stop crying... were going to have to go and see the AHR later as im convinced it wont fit all my guests... i feel sick, and this is the first thing that has stressed me out in this whole planning process... The letter i had confirming the booking of the function says 160 people but im sure it wont fit 160 sitting... the lay out just seems all wrong... i just dont know what to do, my invites have gone out already, so if i have to change venue i will look a complete idiot having to tell everyone the venue has changed... i just havent thought about this :-(

            Also i need to loose some people on the list as were over the 160 only about 6 people over but it also says on the letter from them it cant exceed 160 and people will be refused entry... ive just messed this all up and i dont know what to do... i need to go look at the room again with Stephen to see what the seating is like.... its just going to look awful when folk get there and cant sit down :-(



            Thanx hun and yes i gave them their earrings and they liked them :o) I've booked the same girl to come to the hotel and do our hair for our AHR but in a bit of a predicament.... I paid for the hair trials and i will pay for them to have their hair done in Mexico but FI and I think maybe they should pay for their own hair for the AHR...I have up until now paid for their dresses, shoes, hair etc and i'll be getting them flowers out there blah blah blah, but i think there has to be a line... do you agree? Or are we just being mean?? The thing is i dont know how to bring this up or tell them....? Feeling a bit poo about it.. my sister is fine she will have her own hair trial and she will also pay for her hair to be done so she is not a problem.. aaaaaarrrgggghhhh dont know what to do...??

             

            Oh Nicy you poor thing. Please dont cry. I'm sure there is a way around this? Our AHR has said we have to have a minimum of 135 guests. The room holds max 150guests. We have invited probably 175 cos you know some wont come etc.. but our room defo will not sit 150 ppl. If your just having a buffett like us i'm sure you wont need seating for 160 ppl will you? I'd worry more if you were having a sit down meal but for evening things you never have a room full of chairs. I know its easy for me to say but try not stress till you have been and had a look/chat about it. Fingers x'd for you it'll be ok hun xxxxxxxxx



            #2766 leasexy24

            leasexy24
            • Newbie
            • 112 posts

              Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:23 AM

              hiya michelle, we were getiing married in mexico because we wouldnt be able to afford it here due to having 2 massive families, so i wasnt having bridesmaids but my SIL to be said she would pay for her dress an her sisters. my sister now decided they are now coming an she is paying for her dresses to & my nieces. i have told them they dont have to as its a lot of money for them just to come, but they have insisted. there is no way i could afford nearly £800 more to buy all there dresses. so its there choice, we have narrowed it down to 2 dresses, i will pay for there bouqets, an will buy them each some earrings. not sure whats happening with hair yet. i think you can only mention to them what your thinking see what they say. it can work out so expensive cant it an we just cant afford it!

               

              nicy are you having a sit down meal? it shouldnt matter that much if your nt nt everyone will sit down. my sisters wedding reception room was nt big at all but she still had nearly 180 ppl in the room an it was fine. x xx



              #2767 michelle2011

              michelle2011
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,301 posts

                Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:07 AM



                Originally Posted by leasexy24 

                hiya michelle, we were getiing married in mexico because we wouldnt be able to afford it here due to having 2 massive families, so i wasnt having bridesmaids but my SIL to be said she would pay for her dress an her sisters. my sister now decided they are now coming an she is paying for her dresses to & my nieces. i have told them they dont have to as its a lot of money for them just to come, but they have insisted. there is no way i could afford nearly £800 more to buy all there dresses. so its there choice, we have narrowed it down to 2 dresses, i will pay for there bouqets, an will buy them each some earrings. not sure whats happening with hair yet. i think you can only mention to them what your thinking see what they say. it can work out so expensive cant it an we just cant afford it!

                 

                nicy are you having a sit down meal? it shouldnt matter that much if your nt nt everyone will sit down. my sisters wedding reception room was nt big at all but she still had nearly 180 ppl in the room an it was fine. x xx



                It really does all add up. I think it is lovely that your BM's are doing that. It is a big help. I have read alot on these forums that with alot of ppl it is the 'norm' for the bridal party to pay for their own stuff, but i like you thought it would be nice to do it for them as they are paying out so much to come. I didn't ask them to be BM's until i it was booking time and i knew they were coming as i didn't want them to feel pressurised into paying out to come. Not that they can't afford it (both families are OK for money). My sister and one of the BM's did offer to pay for their dresses but i said no it was on me. I did it on a budget and the dress and shoes came to £105 each so i did well. And i suppose i am asking them to wear their hair in a certain way so maybe i should pay for it. I just know if it were me i would have to offer to pay for something.. if you know what i mean. We just feel paying out for their hair 3times is a bit much. FI says they should defo pay for their hair for the AHR.. its ok for him to say, he's not got to bring it up with them, lol....My sister wont expect me to pay for hers. She is very generous sister and helped us out loads. She is very well off and treats us all the time. She paid for half of my wedding dress and offered to help out more but we are trying to do it on our own. I dont know i feel really uncomfortable bringing it up so will prob just pay it. The hairdresser did say she will do my hair for free for the AHR as a wedding present (her and her partner are coming to the AHR also) which is lovely of her. And she's not dear so maybe we are just penny pinching! lol

                 

                I didn't go swimming. Couldn't face the swimsuit :o(



                #2768 herbie76

                herbie76
                • Site Supporter
                • 270 posts

                  Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:57 AM

                  Michelle, I totally agree with you about drawing the line somewhere. I have paid for my bridesmaids dresses they cost £100 each and for their bouquets £30 each. We are having our hair trials done for free (bonus) at a local wedding shop. My SIL best friend is a hairdresser and she is doing our hair for AHR so she is going to teach them how to do their hair so they can do each others for the actual wedding day as my hotel salon want £50 each for their hair done and I have 4 big bridesmaids (just can't afford it). As far as their shoes go they are getting their own as some of them want heels and some want sandals. They have each got a necklace to wear which I haven't given them yet.

                  By the way I loved all your hairs, Scarletts looked great!

                   

                  Lyndsey do you know the cans and can't as far as witnesses go at our resort?

                   

                   

                  Nicy dont stress about your AHR, not everyone will sit down you do want people to dance. Where we are having ours, it holds up to 300 people we will invite about 200+ but will only have 9 tables of 10. As our wedding planner said not everyone wants to sit down and you want to make sure people dance. Hope it all works out for you.


                  On August 2nd at 3pm at Sensatori Resort, Riviera Maya, Mexico I marry my best friend.

                  #2769 michelle2011

                  michelle2011
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,301 posts

                    Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:10 AM

                    Well that's the thing. I have 4 of us to pay for on the day at the hotel and i think its around $77 each for our hair and then the bouquets for the 3 BM's i think are $32 each mine is dearer. I will need to check but i'm sure that's what they are. So it is all adding up very quickly...

                     



                    #2770 Nicyx

                    Nicyx
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,914 posts

                      Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:18 AM

                      Hey ladies.. thanks for the comments, im feeling a slightly better about it all now i think... were not having a sit down diner so not worrying about that, i know i want people up dancing but when people walk in they arent going to dance straight away... where will they go? I am counting kids as well and my sister said dont count the kids as they wont have seats anyway.... im just worrying over nothing i expect but i want everyone to have a good time n not be worrying about where to plonk their bums!!!

                       

                      We did have our first "officail" RSVP through the door yesterday :-) Whoo!! and 2 of my friends their hubbys and kids booked accommodation in Annan yesterday too... so its starting to become a reality... maybe thats why im worrying..... xxx

                       

                      Yes, i think Dan is right to pay for the hair again for the AHR is a bit much, do they have to have it the same way for the AHR as they did for the wedding? As long as its nicely done? Maybe suggest that to them and at the same time just say you cant really be paying again and would they mind doing their own hair or paying as Mexico has cost an arm and a leg and so has the AHR..... Im sure they will be OK about it as i know if it was me and the bride said i would have to pay for own i wouldnt mind... Especially because of all the other thongs you would have paid for etc x






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users