Jump to content

Photo

Any brides from the UK


  • Please log in to reply
3940 replies to this topic

#2471 janapana

janapana
  • Member
  • 591 posts

    Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:44 AM



    Originally Posted by Nicyx 

    Joanna.... Guess what i got in the post today... THANK YOU xxxx

     

     

     

     

    (for the rest of you incase you are wondering.... My lucky sixpence

    Just hope my hair goes like the ones in the pic. but even if not at least it will give the hairdresser an idea to work from :-)

     

    About the time for getting maried.

     

    We requested 4PM but we have got 1PM.... Im not particually happy about this but it is what it is, I have been in touch with WC to see if we can re-arrange but its a no go... I will ask her again when she gets intouch and I will ask her again at the meeting at the resort .... I wont hold my breath, there were a few reasons why we wanted 4PM...

    1.) Stephen originally wanted to wear a kilt but at the 1PM heat no-way....

    2.) Selfishly wanted a chilled morning on the beach b4 our wedding..LOL... Stephen will but i'll be at hair dressers early AM... (not a biggy just something id always pictured)

    3.) There will be a massive gap between ceremony & reception (about 5 hours) which may be ok but im worried that with our small group (7) that its a long time.... I'll be steamin' by the time we have the reception diner.... LOL :-)

    But as i said it is what it is & im not actually going to get my self worked up about & when we get there im sure it will work out perfect!!!

     

    xoi

     

     haha you will def be steaming by the reception, i got married at 3 and was shitfaced by 6! but the adrenalin will keep you going! normally i´d have passed out wi a bucket at that level of drunken-ness!

    when i went to the renova spa at our side of the resort they had a cut out of your 'hair style in their wedding book,someone had already taken it! so they are used to doing that kind of thing....... definitely take it with you, but be prepared that it might end up a tiny bit more formal than what you excpect. mine did but i loved it anyway. they will spray the life out of it, i have got a big curly frizzy wafro and it didn´t move all day, plus it took abou 4 washes to get the clumps out the next day so take LOADS of shampoo and conditioner!



    #2472 Nicyx

    Nicyx
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,914 posts

      Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:53 AM


       

      Originally Posted by janapana 



      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Nicyx 

      Joanna.... Guess what i got in the post today... THANK YOU xxxx

       

       

       

       

      (for the rest of you incase you are wondering.... My lucky sixpence

      Just hope my hair goes like the ones in the pic. but even if not at least it will give the hairdresser an idea to work from :-)

       

      About the time for getting maried.

       

      We requested 4PM but we have got 1PM.... Im not particually happy about this but it is what it is, I have been in touch with WC to see if we can re-arrange but its a no go... I will ask her again when she gets intouch and I will ask her again at the meeting at the resort .... I wont hold my breath, there were a few reasons why we wanted 4PM...

      1.) Stephen originally wanted to wear a kilt but at the 1PM heat no-way....

      2.) Selfishly wanted a chilled morning on the beach b4 our wedding..LOL... Stephen will but i'll be at hair dressers early AM... (not a biggy just something id always pictured)

      3.) There will be a massive gap between ceremony & reception (about 5 hours) which may be ok but im worried that with our small group (7) that its a long time.... I'll be steamin' by the time we have the reception diner.... LOL :-)

      But as i said it is what it is & im not actually going to get my self worked up about & when we get there im sure it will work out perfect!!!

       

      xoi

       

       haha you will def be steaming by the reception, i got married at 3 and was shitfaced by 6! but the adrenalin will keep you going! normally i´d have passed out wi a bucket at that level of drunken-ness!

      when i went to the renova spa at our side of the resort they had a cut out of your 'hair style in their wedding book,someone had already taken it! so they are used to doing that kind of thing....... definitely take it with you, but be prepared that it might end up a tiny bit more formal than what you excpect. mine did but i loved it anyway. they will spray the life out of it, i have got a big curly frizzy wafro and it didn´t move all day, plus it took abou 4 washes to get the clumps out the next day so take LOADS of shampoo and conditioner!



      No problem Jo... Thanks for getting it back to me.... Who is next in the wedding stakes?

       

      Anyone else wanting to "borrow" the Lucky Sixpence? :-)

       

       

      Thanks for the info on the SPA and im so pleased they spray it like they do (maybe not so much the morning after) as i have the worst hair ever, curly, frizzy, wavey, straight!!! Its just one big mess and especially abroad... so thank god for spray :-)

       

      Haha.. yeah im hoping the adrenaline does take over as im not wanting to be in bed by 10 PM on my wedding night!! haha x



      #2473 janapana

      janapana
      • Member
      • 591 posts

        Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:06 AM

        well i think i made it to midnight... apparently antony took me home, i got half my hair out and stripped off. ants says he came out of the bathroom, found me facedown naked on the bed.... thought whe-he-hey!!!!!! then i said "get me a bucket, i´m going to puke".

        classy.



        #2474 Nicyx

        Nicyx
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,914 posts

          Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:00 AM



          Originally Posted by janapana 

          well i think i made it to midnight... apparently antony took me home, i got half my hair out and stripped off. ants says he came out of the bathroom, found me facedown naked on the bed.... thought whe-he-hey!!!!!! then i said "get me a bucket, i´m going to puke".

          classy.



          Hahaha!!! Yeah, this is definalty something that would happen to us!! :-) Im also with yu in the classy stakes!!! LOL x

           

          Not really weddingy but for the trip to Mexico... im going to be ordering about 8 bikinis ive sen in a outlet shop on ebay... online shopping x



          #2475 samcalv1

          samcalv1
          • Jr. Member
          • 300 posts

            Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:39 AM


            I am getting married in October .. We did request a 3pm wedding. When you say a cloudy rainy day is it rain like here in the UK????? Or did it clear up for you to have photos outside, Cos I am going during hurricane season. (Didn;t realise that until after I booked) Typical me..... I am also worried about the gap between ceremony, photos and reception meal (only 7 of us going at the mo)

             

             

            Originally Posted by janapana 



            Quote:
            Originally Posted by samcalv1 

            Char - Love the dresses they are sooooo pretty.... :-) x  And sod the in-laws x God people can be such arses!!!!!!! You just enjoy planning your day x

             

            Nicy - I really like that hairstyle it will look gorgeous with your dress xxxx  You will have a fab time on your hen night xxxx Can't wait for mine hee hee x

             

            What time is everyone getting married, I've just heard from Thomson that I am at 2 o'clock, am just a bit worried that this will be too hot???? What do you think????

             

            Janapana - What time did you get married? And how did you find the heat in your dress???? Thanx hun x



            we got married at 3, it was roasting in the chapel, but fine outside.... but then again it was january and it was a cloudy raining day. what month are you getting married?





            #2476 leasexy24

            leasexy24
            • Newbie
            • 112 posts

              Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:45 AM

              were getting married 5th october at 4.30..my in laws have been a few times in october a its been hot an if it does rain its not for long just showers. hopefully it is hot hot hot. x



              #2477 janapana

              janapana
              • Member
              • 591 posts

                Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:49 AM



                Originally Posted by Nicyx 



                Quote:
                Originally Posted by janapana 

                well i think i made it to midnight... apparently antony took me home, i got half my hair out and stripped off. ants says he came out of the bathroom, found me facedown naked on the bed.... thought whe-he-hey!!!!!! then i said "get me a bucket, i´m going to puke".

                classy.



                Hahaha!!! Yeah, this is definalty something that would happen to us!! :-) Im also with yu in the classy stakes!!! LOL x

                 

                Not really weddingy but for the trip to Mexico... im going to be ordering about 8 bikinis ive sen in a outlet shop on ebay...


                I am getting married in October .. We did request a 3pm wedding. When you say a cloudy rainy day is it rain like here in the UK????? Or did it clear up for you to have photos outside, Cos I am going during hurricane season. (Didn;t realise that until after I booked) Typical me..... I am also worried about the gap between ceremony, photos and reception meal (only 7 of us going at the mo)

                 

                 

                Quote:

                we got married at 3, it was roasting in the chapel, but fine outside.... but then again it was january and it was a cloudy raining day. what month are you getting married?


                 



                well in the morning it was torrential rain, that went on til 12ish then it was cloudy with a bit of drizzle, but the grass would have been too wet. it wasn´t actually raining for the photos, just overcast, and the photographer asked us if we wanted to go down to the beach but we said no. some of our pics were taken on the staircase which was undercover..... i´m sure there will be options for you if it does decide to rain. apparently in mexico it´s lucky if it rains on your wedding day.... that´s what the ladies in the salon said but i think they were just trying to stop me crying!



                #2478 Nicyx

                Nicyx
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,914 posts

                  Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:44 AM

                  Jo... actually i think im a bit thick.... i was looking at an out let but anyway i dont think its an outlet i got them from, DOH!!! but here is a link anyway

                   

                  http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item7dbc30e3a1

                   

                  Its got quite a few nice bikinis :-) x



                  #2479 janapana

                  janapana
                  • Member
                  • 591 posts

                    Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:24 PM



                    Originally Posted by Nicyx 

                    Jo... actually i think im a bit thick.... i was looking at an out let but anyway i dont think its an outlet i got them from, DOH!!! but here is a link anyway

                     

                    http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item7dbc30e3a1

                     

                    Its got quite a few nice bikinis :-) x



                    i like! how many bikini's am i likely to need in Sheffield??????????



                    #2480 gingerpeach

                    gingerpeach
                    • Newbie
                    • 53 posts

                      Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:42 PM

                      Hello char79uk....thanks for making me feel welcome.


                      Amazing wedding, 21st May 2011 Half Moon Montego Bay Jamaica



                      Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas


                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users