• Please log in to reply
3940 replies to this topic

#191 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:43 AM

Morning ladies

how is everyone!

i can't believe how quickly the wedding is coming around! 8 weeks to go!!

I am doing OOT bags. i got the bags from IslePac Gift Packaging | Quality Organza Bags - Jute Bags and Gift Boxes just gold organza bags. I am making a mini hangover kit (paracetomol, berroca, and a recipe for a banana smoothie) and then i've also got invites to the stag and hen night, a wedding day itinerary, a map of the resort, a welcome letter, and some colouring books and crayons for the kids. i am also going to get some insect repellent and i've made mini bottles of aloe vera with our wedding logo on them! they're so cute!

i've got favours, i just bought them from cancer research and they are like little cards saying 'a donation has been made in your name to cancer research for Louise & Andy's wedding 30-7-2010' which is nice. i've also made fans for the ceremony (with an order of service and details of the wedding party on it) and i've made goodie bags for the kids at the table to keep them amused!

i really want to buy some parasols, incase it's really really hot. but i can't find any cheap enough! any ideas?!

I have to have my dress fittings soon! YAY! it'll need to be taken in 3 dress sizes! :)
    a UK bride :)

35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

#192 josietoms

josietoms
    • 765 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:27 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by roxmysockz
      I hate to side with big companies - BUT - this woman is a complete loser - of course you cant book your honeymoon in your married name and travel on the passport that shows your maiden name - duh! But hey agreed - i hate Thomas Cook - lol!
      Josie x

#193 waybuloo

waybuloo
      • 306 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:05 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Woodsylou
        Morning ladies

how is everyone!

i can't believe how quickly the wedding is coming around! 8 weeks to go!!

I am doing OOT bags. i got the bags from IslePac Gift Packaging | Quality Organza Bags - Jute Bags and Gift Boxes just gold organza bags. I am making a mini hangover kit (paracetomol, berroca, and a recipe for a banana smoothie) and then i've also got invites to the stag and hen night, a wedding day itinerary, a map of the resort, a welcome letter, and some colouring books and crayons for the kids. i am also going to get some insect repellent and i've made mini bottles of aloe vera with our wedding logo on them! they're so cute!

i've got favours, i just bought them from cancer research and they are like little cards saying 'a donation has been made in your name to cancer research for Louise & Andy's wedding 30-7-2010' which is nice. i've also made fans for the ceremony (with an order of service and details of the wedding party on it) and i've made goodie bags for the kids at the table to keep them amused!

i really want to buy some parasols, incase it's really really hot. but i can't find any cheap enough! any ideas?!

I have to have my dress fittings soon! YAY! it'll need to be taken in 3 dress sizes! :)
        WOW 8 Weeks!! I can't imagine being so close!! I love the idea of the donation to cancer research, I might look into that.

On the parasols....I was in China Town on Sunday & looked at the chinese style parasols, I am having fuschia pink bridesmaids & they had large ones for £10 & smaller for £5....I thought about getting them for my flower girls but as I am a year away decided to wait a while but they were really pretty & so cheap!!

Well done on losing 3 dress sizes.....I am on the old diet now so hopefully I will be able to say the same in 10 months!!

Do you have any pictures of your fans?

#194 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
        • 545 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:33 AM

ohhhhhhhhh really? china town in london? brilliant i'll go this weekend! £5 is a bargain! :)

my fans - i do, i'll try and post some later :) they're like paddle fans rather than the conventional kind :)

#195 waybuloo

waybuloo
          • 306 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:52 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Woodsylou
            ohhhhhhhhh really? china town in london? brilliant i'll go this weekend! £5 is a bargain! :)

my fans - i do, i'll try and post some later :) they're like paddle fans rather than the conventional kind :)
            Excellent :)

Yes in London, go to where the NCP Car Park entrance is, you'll see an Elephant statue (tons of them popped up in town at minute!!) & it is the shop just behind it, the parasols are in a box outside to the right.....it is opposite Canton restaurant!!

#196 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
            • 545 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:59 AM

brilliant! thanks so much! that's such a help!!

#197 michelle2011

michelle2011
              • 1,301 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:13 AM

Yes i got it from Gillian Roberts near Sainsburys. I went to Confetti & Lace at lakeside but i'd seen GR's had a promotion weekend with the Maggie Sottero designer in Jan so i went along and got the dress i knew i would get. As it was a promotion weekend i got 15% off too which was a bonus but it was really expensive and compared to some of the bargains the girls have got on this forum i was ripped off, ha ha. But i am over the moon with it. I love it!

#198 waybuloo

waybuloo
                • 306 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:07 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by michelle2011
                  Yes i got it from Gillian Roberts near Sainsburys. I went to Confetti & Lace at lakeside but i'd seen GR's had a promotion weekend with the Maggie Sottero designer in Jan so i went along and got the dress i knew i would get. As it was a promotion weekend i got 15% off too which was a bonus but it was really expensive and compared to some of the bargains the girls have got on this forum i was ripped off, ha ha. But i am over the moon with it. I love it!
                  The dress is what its all about!! As long as your happy with it then sod the money!! I love your dress its fabulous!! I should start shopping for dresses, looked at tons online!! Just want to lose a bit more weight first!!

Are any of you ladies doing a TTD? & if so have you brought a separate dress for this?

#199 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
                  • 545 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:11 AM

i was going to do a ttd but not now, as i want to wear my dress to my AHR, so cancelled it.

although at our AHR we have three photographers and we're doing things like photo's in a shopping trolly and things like that! wahooo! :)

#200 waybuloo

waybuloo
                    • 306 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

Have any of you ladies brought or know anyone thats a dress from ebay that sells all the custom made wedding dresses? Seems too good to be true but there is one at the moment for £4.99 I might just order it & see what happens!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users