Any brides from the UK

• Please log in to reply
3940 replies to this topic

#1691 Nicyx

Nicyx
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by josietoms 

Definately time has flown!  This time last year we had just got engaged and were waiting for the brochure prices to come out on 1st Nov - then on FIs birthday 10th Nov we booked the holiday and wedding.  Suddenly we are 11 weeks away.  What with me being made redundant and starting a new job and other things that have happened this year we both cant wait to see the back of 2010 and start 2011 with our wedding.  I only realised its 11 weeks as FIs sis but on her FB 'in 11 weeks I will be sitting round the pool in Mexico' - that was the night I got on the internet and started shopping!  Woo Hoo getting quite excited now.  Think the reality will hit me when I have my hen do next month! x

I kinda feel like about the last 6 months.... we booked it nearly 6 months ago.... and if the next 6 go by just as fast and i dont pull my finger out of my bum (not literally, lol) then i'll have nothing done!!!! I need to take a leaf out of your book.................

What are you doing for your Hen again? sorry i know you have said but i have a memory like a seive!!! x

#1692 josietoms

josietoms
    • 765 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:53 PM

We are going to London as its only about 35 mins away by train; seeing Priscilla Queen Of The Desert in the afternoon, then onto a swanky restaurant for a meal, theres 14 of us.  Then 10 of us r off to a club to dance the night away.  Followed by a massive hangover brekkie in the morning! 

Josie x

#1693 CamLovesJA

CamLovesJA
      • 301 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:45 PM

Hey girls, i'm a UK bride too! getting married in December in Jamaica xoxo

#1694 Nicyx

Nicyx
        • 2,914 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by josietoms 

We are going to London as its only about 35 mins away by train; seeing Priscilla Queen Of The Desert in the afternoon, then onto a swanky restaurant for a meal, theres 14 of us.  Then 10 of us r off to a club to dance the night away.  Followed by a massive hangover brekkie in the morning! 

Arrrr, fabulous :-) Sounds fantastic, its something like that, that i want to do, im just so un-decisive (S?) im going to have to send a mail out to everyone i know and put it to them what they think then take it from there :-) i really need to kick my ass in to gear and stop being lazy...... I have a funny feeling this weekend will be a good weddingy one for me...

Thanks Josie, i have my inspiration form you :-)

Originally Posted by CamLovesJA 

Hey girls, i'm a UK bride too! getting married in December in Jamaica xoxo

Hey, welcome along :-) When are you getting married and where? before we finally settled on the Riu Place in Mexico we were looking at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Jamaica....... x

#1695 CamLovesJA

CamLovesJA
          • 301 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:41 PM

Im getting married on the 16th December 2010, so not long to go, and it is Iberostar Rose hall Suites, looks great I am really excited. This site has been super helpful in the planning.  Only just started really.

Congrtats on the weight loss thats amazing! I think I want to drop 15lbs to allow for some holiday weight x

#1696 michelle2011

michelle2011
            • 1,301 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Nicyx 

Arrrr, fabulous :-) Sounds fantastic, its something like that, that i want to do, im just so un-decisive (S?) im going to have to send a mail out to everyone i know and put it to them what they think then take it from there :-) i really need to kick my ass in to gear and stop being lazy...... I have a funny feeling this weekend will be a good weddingy one for me...

Thanks Josie, i have my inspiration form you :-)

Hey, welcome along :-) When are you getting married and where? before we finally settled on the Riu Place in Mexico we were looking at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Jamaica....... x

Josie i bet you have a fab hen. It sounds right up my street :o)... Nicy that's prob a good idea. Put the feelers out and see what your hen's think.... My hen is 6 months away and i just can't wait!

I hope this weekend is a wedding one for me too :o) we are kid free on sunday so we're going to look for wedding bands :o) so excited!

Welcome to the thread CamlovesJA - wow your wedding is so close :o) so exciting!!!

#1697 CamLovesJA

CamLovesJA
              • 301 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:08 AM

I know! 7 weeks and 2 days! I better get my skates on! I have so much to do. Officially done nothing apart from booked and bridesmaid dresses!

x

#1698 Nicyx

Nicyx
                • 2,914 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

Im getting married on the 16th December 2010, so not long to go, and it is Iberostar Rose hall Suites, looks great I am really excited. This site has been super helpful in the planning.  Only just started really.

Congrtats on the weight loss thats amazing! I think I want to drop 15lbs to allow for some holiday weight x

I know! 7 weeks and 2 days! I better get my skates on! I have so much to do. Officially done nothing apart from booked and bridesmaid dresses!

x

The Suites are so beautiful :-) x Its so close now.... Argh!!!! Fantastic, Do you know what dress you want? have you got any pix? xo

Originally Posted by michelle2011 

Josie i bet you have a fab hen. It sounds right up my street :o)... Nicy that's prob a good idea. Put the feelers out and see what your hen's think.... My hen is 6 months away and i just can't wait!

I hope this weekend is a wedding one for me too :o) we are kid free on sunday so we're going to look for wedding bands :o) so excited!

Welcome to the thread CamlovesJA - wow your wedding is so close :o) so exciting!!!

Yeah, feelers are going to go out this weekend :-)

Sunday should be great for you, will be nice to get out there and look as the rings again, be easier i should imagine without the kids x

#1699 waybuloo

waybuloo
                  • 306 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:02 AM

Josie I went to see Priscilla last week for my friends birthday, it is absolutely FANTASTIC, laughed till I nearly wet myself & danced in the aisles....you will love it, in fact I even think I may book it again for my 'hens' because it was such a good night!!

I need to pull my finger out of my ass as well Nicy....I wrote another list yesterday & it seems to be longer than the last one!!....I think I am going to concentrate on favours & oot bags this weekend, get them done that will make me feel better.....Michelle i don't know what your putting in your oot bags but I found sets of 3 antibacterial handgels in Poundland in Eltham for £1 & also sets of 3 lipsyls for the same....bargain!! 

On the old diet I haven't lost anything this week, feel really p****d off about that, makes me want to order a big fat curry....I think I might have a different takeaway every night of the month next July!!!! mmmmmmm mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Welcome Cam, 7 weeks OMG that is so close.....I can't wait to be that close

#1700 josietoms

josietoms
                    • 765 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:10 AM

Yeah I'm really looking forward to Priscilla - was up in town today on a course and walked past it! So camp for a hen night which is what we love - and Alf from Home and Away is in it!!! LOL :-)

I have got the majority of my items for my OOT bags in the 99p shop - I'm hoping no-one will know as it is 2 towns away - lol.

I hear u on the diet front - I am already planning that after our AHR in Feb a week after we return I am going to spend the following weekend on the sofa with one of my BMs watching girly films and eating copious amount of galaxy chocolate and lashings of wine.  I think I'm almost more excited about that than my wedding day :-))))

I am gonna weigh on Saturday just to make sure I'm on the right track!

Josie x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users