Josie the post box looks great!

Vicki love the shoes and if you don't like them there's always eBay to sell them !

The vat goes up in January so everyone knows.

Thanks for your comments on invites, better than OH he just said didn't think we was doing invites! Arrrhhhh!

Ladies I think we will all look like princesses in our dresses dispite what they cost, I cant wait to see everyones photos of their special days :-)

I think it was someone on here that was talking about parasols instead of flowers, I am now swaying that way as my hotel want £40 per bridesmaid bouquet and I have 5. I was also thinking they can then use the parasols for the photos at the AHR aswell.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Herbie i think it was me who said about the parasols again ebay had some good ones.I actually got mine in the village.When i saw them there was no going back.Along with my choice of groom and dress they were up there with my best purchases lol

Vicki i  spent hours pondering about ordering a dress from light in a box i hope that when your shoes arrive you will be thrilled.

Josie well done with the wedding card box.You do realize youve added to everyones want lists lol x

Herbie i lovvvvvvvee the boarding passes i so wanted to make these for everyone but am so dumb when it comes to the computer

.Well donex

Im not sure who asked if the madness had stopped the answer is kind of !!!!!!!!!

Paula the ex friend sent me a very nasty text which made me so mad i replied with you think i behave like a 1 yr old and then fired some home truths.To which a reply came back of,someone told me you looked like miss piggy in your wedding pictures and your a strange woman being married three times and we cant see this marriage lasting.I told her unhappy her husband is and told her to look in his phone book.Her hubby knew it had been sent cos he had gone to see Paul with a letter of opology.He was shocked at the text id fired back but had a chance to make up some lies to cover his butt.He said shes lost the plot has fallen out with her family and is constantly flipping at him then going off and humming!!!! he said its like the film the shinning.Ill make somink shine for her if she decides to come back with another barrage of insults!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the ex wife its all qt on the western front.Pauls daughter Amy said that her mum was worried we would go for custody.Paul hasnt spoken to her since the very first phone call we still think she is going through the CSA

We are enjoying the peace and quiet for the moment xx

Josie : Happy anniversary for yesterday :-) Nice that paying it off fell on the same date x Your post box is brilliant... great work x

Vicki : Thoses shoes are lovely, not heard of the site but im sure it will be fine. Yea, Stephen is just so laid back about everything... fryingpan.gif

roo :  Sorry to hear that woman is being like that, sounds like she is pissing of the wrong woman... What goes around comes around!!!!!  xox

I've just looked up our flowers and the bridesmaids are £20 each. So i think we will go with that. I need 3 then a petal bag for Scarlett.

Roo - That woman is horrid! What a pathetic person she is. Acting like a child. Your better off without her. What a spiteful thing to say to you about your wedding day. B**ch!!!!! Glad things are quiet on the ex front. Maybe if you just make out to her your gonna push for custody (even though your not) she might back off a bit more... It's been quiet on my side too with the MIL. Not seen or heard from her and it's been bliss. Stress free, i love it! Mind you there is a pattern of 3wks with us and then she pops up and we are nearing not seeing her for 3wks now so i'm not holding my breath the stress will hold off much longer. The dragon will arise at some point but until then i am a happy girlie :o)

I have been feeling a bit more weddingy today! I have been looking at invite ideas for our AHR and writing out the wording for them and the RSVPs etc so i know it's ready for when we do/get them.

Also downloaded a nice font for the placecards. Our colour printer has broke (great timing) so gonna have to pop to my sisters to print them out but at least they are sorted.

We need to look into getting a DJ or singer for our AHR booked too...........so much to do!!!

Hi ladies I feel like i've been MIA for ages....just a quick update, the baby is home from hospital and is doing really well no further problems, my dad is home from hospital and making progress, we had grandads funeral last Wednesday and it was a lovely service and over 200 friends and family came to celebrate his life.  My daughter turned 16 last Saturday and we had a lovely 'surprise' family dinner for her...i still can't believe my baby is 16.  Anyway things are kind of settling down now so I should hopefully be able to concentrate on the wedding a bit more, although I do have exams on 1st/2nd December that I have hardly had anytime to study for, just going to have to keep my fingers crossed on passing those.

Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post

Bargain... I Love ASDA, always come up trumps that palce when you least expect it :-)

Witness thing is bugging me, as we nned to have 2 BUT they cant be related to either of us..... So that rules out ALL our guests.... unless some friends book last min!!! Haha, so we can have them provided to us by the hotel... I wonder who they get to witness? A hotel worker or what?
I said to stephen wonder if we meet anyone there? haha, they can come to our wedding and be our witnesses to that way it wont be "just some random from the hotel" they can be a "random" who we may actually like or kinda get to know!!!!

Michelle to end the dilema i say go with "girl" that way you got 2 of each....... keep it simple :-) And just use that as deciding factor !!!

OMG OMG OMG...... I HAVE A DILEMA TOO..............

I knew i shouldnt have gone dress shopping..... girls i have fallen in love.gif with another dress...... Ok so in the pictures of it, it dosent actually look that special, but i tried it on today and i DIDNT wana take it off, I just loved it..... In fact the more im talking about it the more i think im going to get it.... It was gorgeous, fitted PERFECT too & & & & & i always said i didnt want a veil but now i do.... i was looking for an aqua flower for my hair now i just want a hair comb with some bling flowers... i tried on the whole "shbang" I really really wanted my mum or sis there. I went on my own today as i couldnt get anyone to go with me. But i must say, I Looked Gorgeous :-) Infact reading back on this I dont think i have a dilema after all............ I nearly cried, didnt cry, but nearly i had a tear in my eye for sure....

I just wish the picture of it looked like it did when it was on!!!!

You will probably notice it is VERY VERY simliar to the one i originally wanted so i defo know the style is right :-)

I am so so glad i held off buying the Maggie dress..........

HERE IT IS :

http://www.benjaminroberts.co.uk/4017-p-329.html 

HERE IS "MY" ORIGINAL ONE to compare :

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?page=8&style=A3283 

PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK, I RELY ON YOU GIRLS SO SO MUCH love.gif x

Nicy...both dresses are beautiful and as you know the Sterling was my second choice dress at one stage and having seen it in real life I have to say the pictures do not do it any justice...I would suggest that you go and try them both on and then you'll know which one is 'the one'.

Originally Posted by waybuloo View Post

Nicy both dresses are gorgeous & your post gave me tingles.....BUT I think the Benjamin Roberts one, I love the detail on it & think it just pips the Maggie to the post.....also I think the 'feeling' is just as important as the look....oooh I envy you going to try on dresses today its the best part of it isn't itxx

Oh My God  I have already asked 4 people to be my witnesses & 2 of them are related!!  I wasn't aware they couldn't be!! Do you think its the same for every resort?

£600 Herbie is a massive difference, good luck with your complaint you should definitely get your money back thats outrageous!!

Just had to share these.....got some new shoes today for my hen night....am in love!!PICT0747.JPG

The shoes are gorgeous x

Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post

Nicyx - If you save the picture then right click on it and open it in Microsoft Picture Manager you should be able to crop the size of it and resave it, hope this helps. Love the star jewels bythe way!

Josie - what a busy bee you have been, you got loads for your money.

Next week i'm going to pay off the bridesmaid dresses and pay off my wedding dress might have to have a sneeky try on of the dress in store again just to make sure its still the one! then pay off the rings god its all money money money!!!!

Heres my first attempt at my Boarding Pass style invites what do you think?

invite 2.JPGinvite 3.JPGinvite 4.JPGinvite1.JPG

I  love the boarding pass invites, I really want to do these invites for my guests, were they easy to make??

Originally Posted by Soon-to-be-McRae View Post

I have just ordered my shoes from light in the box, has anybody ordered anything from here? i am really hoping they will be ok here are the shoes i have bought

shoes-1.jpg

These are very similar to a pair of benjamin adams shoes called liza but are over a £100 cheaper so thought it was worth taking a chance fingers crossed

Herbie.....The invites are fantastic i am sure your guests will love them

Think we are gonna get our rings just after xmas before the VAT increase, when does the VAT actually go up?huh.gif

Nicy...I am also struggling to get shaun involved, he wants to choose his own suits but wont even move on that i am going mad here coz i have a groom, best man, usher and 3 pageboys to buy for WTF!!!! ( get a move on lol)

Josie.....Your getting loads done thats fab do you have much left to do?

Vicki x

beautiful shoes hun x

Originally Posted by roo66 View Post

Herbie i think it was me who said about the parasols again ebay had some good ones.I actually got mine in the village.When i saw them there was no going back.Along with my choice of groom and dress they were up there with my best purchases lol

Vicki i  spent hours pondering about ordering a dress from light in a box i hope that when your shoes arrive you will be thrilled.

Josie well done with the wedding card box.You do realize youve added to everyones want lists lol x

Herbie i lovvvvvvvee the boarding passes i so wanted to make these for everyone but am so dumb when it comes to the computer

.Well donex

Im not sure who asked if the madness had stopped the answer is kind of !!!!!!!!!

Paula the ex friend sent me a very nasty text which made me so mad i replied with you think i behave like a 1 yr old and then fired some home truths.To which a reply came back of,someone told me you looked like miss piggy in your wedding pictures and your a strange woman being married three times and we cant see this marriage lasting.I told her unhappy her husband is and told her to look in his phone book.Her hubby knew it had been sent cos he had gone to see Paul with a letter of opology.He was shocked at the text id fired back but had a chance to make up some lies to cover his butt.He said shes lost the plot has fallen out with her family and is constantly flipping at him then going off and humming!!!! he said its like the film the shinning.Ill make somink shine for her if she decides to come back with another barrage of insults!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the ex wife its all qt on the western front.Pauls daughter Amy said that her mum was worried we would go for custody.Paul hasnt spoken to her since the very first phone call we still think she is going through the CSA

We are enjoying the peace and quiet for the moment xx

What a bitch!!  Your better off without a 'friend' like that in your life x

roo - I cant believe your ex friend would stoop that low to comment on your wedding pics and try to make you feel bad about them!!!! Clearly she has nothing good in her life and wants to make you feel bad.. well rid of her!!!! x

Char - that is good news glad things are starting to get better x

Josie - card box is lovely, really nice x

whats everyone doing about music?? What you having for walking down asile, first dance etc xx

Hiya everyone, i´m back from hen night#1 in sheffield, and a very messy affair it was too..... looking forward to no2 next month! but won´t be taking any black vodka back as this time i ended up drinking most of the bottle in party forefits and then puking up blue sick over my nice boots.... thank god for baby wipes.

there are about 5 pages i´ve missed out on while i´ve been away, so am going to catch up at work tomorrow.

night night!

Thanks for your comments on the post box even other half thought it was good and usually i get no comment from him!!!

Char - I'm really pleased thats things have now taken a more postitive turn for you.

Vicki - my have done so much this weekend - stuff I really should have done months ago - cant wait for all my deliveries this week as everything is from the internet.  I havent been to any shops! The joys of the internet.  My list now for the actual trip to Mexico is only:

Cigars for the mens favours

Lottery ticket scratchcards

Cermony card

Music for the Ipod

Menu Cards
Tealights for the table

FOB gift

BMs: earrings, hair flower, pashmina

Me: Underwear, barefoot sandals, make-up and perfume

I feel slightly relieved as I was sooooooooo behind.

Have a shopping trip with BMs next month and one with my mum so that should be more off the list! 

I need it all to be done by Christmas so I can relax and then just do the small things for our AHR.