When I was dress shopping, they all tried to steer me towards a light flowy style dress but it just wasn't what I wanted. My FI and I have been together for 13yrs and we have 2 children 10 & 2 so I have been waiting a long time for this wedding and I wasn't going to make do with a dress. So it's a princess style dress, sparkly at the top basque style with tuelle at the bottom, it was the first dress I tried on  and on leaving the shop the first time I knew it was the one. I tried it on about 5 times before buying it. I know i'm going to be hot but who cares cheesy.gif.

I've been told by my TA that I will have confirmation by 31st August on the date, I better or I can see the bridezilla coming out in me. hehe

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good on ya girl.... Thats what are weddings are about.... "US" & what we want :-)

I have gone with a long beach style one... Funny though as I have ALWAYS wanted to get married but I have NEVER EVER been bothered about a wedding dress i was just going to bob to monsoon or somewhere and get a dress and that would do... WELL that was until my friend "dragged" me dress shopping... Then i fell in love with the 2nd one i tried on, and to be honest i didnt even have a clue what style or anything, but as soon as i saw it on i knew....

I really liked the 1st one but it just felt like a dress and then i thought... Hmmmm, maybe i do want a wedding dress.... i want something that feels more than "Just a dress"

My friend picked it out and said "what about this" i was just like "yeah why not" then as soon as i got it on ..... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?page=8&style=A3283

LOVE love.gif LOVE love.gif  LOVE  love.gif

Speaking of funny dreams my latest one is that FI misses the plane to Mexico, we are all on the plane and then I turn around to see that his seat is empty, I look out the window and he is running down the runway chasing the plane...i've still got 2 years until we get married so god only knows what kind of weird dreams i'm going to have.

Roo - wow I can't believe you're getting married in a couple of weeks that has come around so quickly, how exciting for you.  BTW you have some very good looking sons xx

Welocme new brides thewave.gif

Herbie76 - We are having an aqua, silver, white wedding theme, bridesmaids will be wearing aqua dresses, best man and ushers will be wearing silver suits white shirts with aqua cravet and bride and groom will both be in white.

Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post

http://www.phoenix.powellphotography.co.uk/bridal2009.html  T700

Nicyx your dress is gorgeous, you will look stunning on the beach. The dress I chose is everything I always said I didn't want, funny how when it comes to it you choose something different.

OMG, Its beautiful, a proper Princess dress :-) Gosh you will turn a few heads..... Lovely :-) x

Originally Posted by char79uk View Post

Speaking of funny dreams my latest one is that FI misses the plane to Mexico, we are all on the plane and then I turn around to see that his seat is empty, I look out the window and he is running down the runway chasing the plane...i've still got 2 years until we get married so god only knows what kind of weird dreams i'm going to have.

Roo - wow I can't believe you're getting married in a couple of weeks that has come around so quickly, how exciting for you.  BTW you have some very good looking sons xx

Welocme new brides thewave.gif

Herbie76 - We are having an aqua, silver, white wedding theme, bridesmaids will be wearing aqua dresses, best man and ushers will be wearing silver suits white shirts with aqua cravet and bride and groom will both be in white.

I havent had any dreams yet.... :-( Dont want one like yours though Charmaine... LOL..... x

Ok girls so I went wedding dress shopping today with my 15 year old daughter, this is the 3rd shop i've been to and i've now tried on about 20 dresses some nice some not so nice.  I had an appointment at this shop today because they stocked the Cassia and Sterling dresses by Maggie Sottero which were my 1st and 2nd choices, anyhow when we got there they didn't suit me at all...because I have a large bust (34G) and i'm only 5' 1" they both made me look pregnant, i was so gutted because I had my heart set on Cassia.

The shop assistant was so nice and she said that just because i'm having a destination wedding the dress doesn't have to be chiffon and floaty, she said she has loads of light weight dresses that brides have brought for destination weddings and I should try a few on that she thinks will suit my shape...thank god I did because after I tried on about the 7th dress I think I found 'the one', it is just beautiful and was nothing like what I was looking for in my destination wedding, it is like something that I would think about wearing in England.  I thought that it would be really heavy but it is so light weight and with a hoop underneath the lady said it will keep the dress of my legs so that they don't get hot and sweaty.

When i put it on and came out of the dressing room my daughter actually started to cry, which then made me cry, it is just beautiful.  It flatters my body shape like no other dress i've worn, I'm a size 12/14 around my waist and i looked like a size 10, it pulled me in where it should and gave me curves in all the right places, my bust looked in proportion and best of all i felt like a princess.

When I could finally bear to get out of the dress the shop assistant advised me to stay away and come back in 2 months time and if it still made me feel this way then I should get it.

I started to feel a bit silly because I still have 2 years until my wedding and how could i have found my dress already...isn't that wrong?  but how can it be wrong when it is so perfect?  What do you girls think, am I being too hasty?  I have tried on about 20 dresses now and OMG this is the only one that has made me cry!!

Ooooh I nearly forgot to post a picture...I will be having the dress in White.

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A557

Michelle by Maggie Sottero (back).gif

http://www.phoenix.powellphotography.co.uk/bridal2009.html  T700

Nicyx your dress is gorgeous, you will look stunning on the beach. The dress I chose is everything I always said I didn't want, funny how when it comes to it you choose something different.

Wow your dress is just gorgeous, you will look stunning in it x

Charmaine.... Its such a beautiful dress :-) Goergeous, You will be one stunning bride missy!!! I dont think 2 years is too far away or too soon at all, when we started to seriously look at booking our wedding it was May 2009, looking for May 2011 and it had flown by, I had chosen my dress not long after we decided it was definatly May 2011.... and now it it Aug 2010... with 8 months to go.... ITS NEVER TOO EARLY :-) And its one MASSIVE thing ticked so you can concentrate on the other wedding details, I think i would be more inclined to panick if i hadnt found a dress.

Its really really pretty :-) xo

I cant find a local stockist with my dress anymore... Makes me a bit scared as i idealy want to try one more time before i buy as i have only tried it on the once and that was about July 2009!!! I love it everytime i see it, makes my heart skip a beat and i get gose bumps.... BUT i just wanted one more try, JUST INCASE!!!!

I want to go dress shopping again but aslo im scared i will find something else and ive had my heart set on "Sterling" for so long.... haha

:-)

I cant wait to see pics of us all in our dresses :-) x

Hi Ladies,

I'm from Essex UK, I'm booked to get married at The Sensatori Resort Riveria Maya Mexico next August. We are still waiting for confirmation of our date either 2nd or 3rd August 2011 (been waiting 8weeks for confirmation now arrrrhhhh). We have got 18 of us going, 15 Adults 3 children, we go 24th July to 8th August.

We have booked our venue for AHR which is going to be on be big party!!!

I've already got my dress, my other half is struggling on what he shoud wear as he doens't want to look too casual at AHR. I keep changing my mind on what colour theme to have, what's everyone elses colour scheme?

Whats your other halfs wearing?

Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post

Good on ya girl.... Thats what are weddings are about.... "US" & what we want :-)

I have gone with a long beach style one... Funny though as I have ALWAYS wanted to get married but I have NEVER EVER been bothered about a wedding dress i was just going to bob to monsoon or somewhere and get a dress and that would do... WELL that was until my friend "dragged" me dress shopping... Then i fell in love with the 2nd one i tried on, and to be honest i didnt even have a clue what style or anything, but as soon as i saw it on i knew....

I really liked the 1st one but it just felt like a dress and then i thought... Hmmmm, maybe i do want a wedding dress.... i want something that feels more than "Just a dress"

My friend picked it out and said "what about this" i was just like "yeah why not" then as soon as i got it on ..... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?page=8&style=A3283

LOVE love.gif LOVE love.gif  LOVE  love.gif

Originally Posted by char79uk View Post

Ok girls so I went wedding dress shopping today with my 15 year old daughter, this is the 3rd shop i've been to and i've now tried on about 20 dresses some nice some not so nice.  I had an appointment at this shop today because they stocked the Cassia and Sterling dresses by Maggie Sottero which were my 1st and 2nd choices, anyhow when we got there they didn't suit me at all...because I have a large bust (34G) and i'm only 5' 1" they both made me look pregnant, i was so gutted because I had my heart set on Cassia.

The shop assistant was so nice and she said that just because i'm having a destination wedding the dress doesn't have to be chiffon and floaty, she said she has loads of light weight dresses that brides have brought for destination weddings and I should try a few on that she thinks will suit my shape...thank god I did because after I tried on about the 7th dress I think I found 'the one', it is just beautiful and was nothing like what I was looking for in my destination wedding, it is like something that I would think about wearing in England.  I thought that it would be really heavy but it is so light weight and with a hoop underneath the lady said it will keep the dress of my legs so that they don't get hot and sweaty.

When i put it on and came out of the dressing room my daughter actually started to cry, which then made me cry, it is just beautiful.  It flatters my body shape like no other dress i've worn, I'm a size 12/14 around my waist and i looked like a size 10, it pulled me in where it should and gave me curves in all the right places, my bust looked in proportion and best of all i felt like a princess.

When I could finally bear to get out of the dress the shop assistant advised me to stay away and come back in 2 months time and if it still made me feel this way then I should get it.

I started to feel a bit silly because I still have 2 years until my wedding and how could i have found my dress already...isn't that wrong?  but how can it be wrong when it is so perfect?  What do you girls think, am I being too hasty?  I have tried on about 20 dresses now and OMG this is the only one that has made me cry!!

Ooooh I nearly forgot to post a picture...I will be having the dress in White.

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A557

Michelle by Maggie Sottero (back).gif

Hello new bride. The sensatori looks lovely it was one on our short list. And yes it is so frustrating waiting for a date etc.. you will get there in the end. My FI is wearing suit trousers and jacket and opened collar shirt. (he may wear a tie at the AHR but not decided yet).. our colour is pink!!! love it!!!

Nicy - love your dress. Can't wait for you to get it :o)

Charmaine -  that is so sweet!! If you both cried it must be the one. It is lovely and what a great name hee hee... I think it is perfect and i say go with the heart if it feels right GET IT!!! Like the lady said though -  there is no rush so if you want to wait and try a few more on you have the time but i think now you have fell in love with this one there will be no going back ;o)

xx

Welcome to the site Scottish Lass & Herbie76 :)  Have seen some of your posts over on the GBP Site Scottish Lass :)

Well ladies we put the deposit down on my dress today.....eeeek.....they got the one I wanted in the Diamond White & we all cried - Maggie Sottero - Daphne, I just want to go back now & put it on again...love love love it!! .....with the straight skirt Nicy!!

Charmaine How funny, made me laugh picturing your FI running down the runway...hahahaha On your dress I don't think it is ever to early, if the dress made you cry its the one. Go back in 2 months like they said & if it still makes you feel like that go for it...aaah how sweet your daughter crying, brought a lump to my throat!!

Herbie 76 - Our Colour scheme is Fuschia Pink & White, Beige Linen suits for the men, fushcia pink bridesmaids.  I agree with you about the dress I am having the dress I would've had in England,  & I tried on your dress, stunning!!  So what if we are hot...beauty is pain...lol

I haven't had any weird dreams yet but my mum dream't last night that I got married in Snow Whites dress....WTF...can you imagine....hahahaha

Roo - You must be so excited, I feel sick thinking about how I am going to feel with 2 weeks to go!!!!

When my little monster (2 year old son!!) has gone to bed I will put the £11.25 bridesmaids dress on my daughter take a pic & upload now Michelle has told me how....cheers honey :)