Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

 

Originally Posted by josietoms View Post

 

Love all your purchases Nicy - you seem to be on a roll at the moment :-)

 

The wedding all seemed more real today as me and one of my BMs went round delivering all the STD cards for our AHR. Worked out we need to send the invites out 1st Oct as we need the RSVP by 24th Dec.

We have had a really good response from the STD postcards - I got them done on Vistaprint!! We put the website address on them as well as its now all finished and everyone loves it had so many texts.

Wedding Planning - Jo & Buster

Back to running tomorrow as have put on an lb for every week I have been at home - 4lb!!!! Glad I start my new job a week today then I can get back to normal and running after work.

These are our STDs (sorry for the poor image - but you get the idea). x Click the image to open in full size.

 

 

Josie, I absolutely love your 'wedding path' it is a fab idea, love the STD too xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by char79uk View Post

 

Josie, I absolutely love your 'wedding path' it is a fab idea, love the STD too xx

 

 

Thank you - its been really a life saver to stop me answering the question 'so where are you going' - lol.  Its all free as well and was quite fun to do. x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

 

Hi girlies, No Nicy mine haven't come yet either :o( i hope they come this week as we are away next week. (just a short break for the kids Birthdays, they are turning 13 & 3 next week!)....

 

Well done on the weight loss lovelys!! I just cant get motivated. I dont know whats wrong with me. I had a good few weeks now i'm on a right downer about it. I'm going out sat night and everything is tight which just depresses me.. i dont want to go cos of it... sad i know....

 

I dont think it helps with the family feud thing going on.. as many of you know i had a row with MIL back in Jan and tension runs high when we're around each other. My mum is understandably upset with the way MIL spoke to me and last week they see each for the first time (FI's 30th) since the row and OMG was there an atmosphere. They said hello but it was an obvious devide... my mum was subject to dirty looks from MIL, FI's nan and her mate.. not very nice at all. Now i am totally and utterly dreading Mexico... in all honesty i cant stand her now. I cant bear to be around her. She makes me feel uncomfortable and i just dont want to be around someone like that. It is a shame but she was very nasty back in Jan and done nothing to sort it out since. 7 months down the line nothing has changed. I sound mean but alot has happened to make me feel this way...because of her i am anxious and dreading my wedding how horrible is that...

 

 

Michelle, I know exactly how you feel, me and my MIL do not get on at all, we had an argument over 2 years ago whilst trying to arrange FI 30th birthday...she said some unforgiveable things to me and has never apologised for them.  I'm lucky that she now lives in St Lucia, but whenever she does come over to visit I try to avoid seeing her as I can't bear to be in the same room as her.  I am also dreading spending 2 weeks away with her, but I just keep thinking that it is our day and there is nothing that she can do to ruin it.

 

Stay positive hun and just concentrate on you and FI xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

 

Hi girlies, No Nicy mine haven't come yet either :o( i hope they come this week as we are away next week. (just a short break for the kids Birthdays, they are turning 13 & 3 next week!)....

 

Well done on the weight loss lovelys!! I just cant get motivated. I dont know whats wrong with me. I had a good few weeks now i'm on a right downer about it. I'm going out sat night and everything is tight which just depresses me.. i dont want to go cos of it... sad i know....

 

I dont think it helps with the family feud thing going on.. as many of you know i had a row with MIL back in Jan and tension runs high when we're around each other. My mum is understandably upset with the way MIL spoke to me and last week they see each for the first time (FI's 30th) since the row and OMG was there an atmosphere. They said hello but it was an obvious devide... my mum was subject to dirty looks from MIL, FI's nan and her mate.. not very nice at all. Now i am totally and utterly dreading Mexico... in all honesty i cant stand her now. I cant bear to be around her. She makes me feel uncomfortable and i just dont want to be around someone like that. It is a shame but she was very nasty back in Jan and done nothing to sort it out since. 7 months down the line nothing has changed. I sound mean but alot has happened to make me feel this way...because of her i am anxious and dreading my wedding how horrible is that...

 

 

Oh Michelle I really feel for you - I know how you feel on the diet and tight clothes front I have got a bit down as always put the weight on my belly so everything feels tight - but it isnt spurring me on.  I'm gonna give it another go today otherwise it will have to be Monday when I start my new job and am back into some kind of routine.

 

Did your FMIIL make hurtful comments about you?  If so I would find it v hard to forgive and forget as well.  At least you are going to a v large hotel so you wont have to bump into her all the time. Come your actual wedding day all you will be focused on getting ready with your BMs, being a beautiful bride, having the best day of your life and marrying the man of your dreams - nothing will spoil that. Not even that old Dragon! x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks girls i always feel better knowing i can come on here and have a moan and nobody will judge me.. She was very hurtful. But the thing is i deep down think it was always there. She always annoyed me and i bit my tounge alot over the yrs. Just kept quiet but i am sick of watching her manipulate FI. He can't see it he has rose tinted glasses on where mummy is concerned and refuses to see what she is really like. I opened my mouth when she caused a row over our wedding decisions (she wants her daughter to be bridesmaid and i dont).. When i told her me and FI sat and jointly decided on who was gonna take what roll in the wedding and she's now causing a row she came round told me she didn't appreciate being TOLD that. She said it wasn't the first time i'd caused problems in the family (me and FI have no idea what she meant by that and i always keep my distance cos she does my head in) she also said the wedding day was as much about her as it was me....? WTF.... she said "you may be marrying my son but i'll always be his mum and always have my say"... i tried to keep my calm but told her what was what and walked her to the door... it wasn't just what she was saying it was the look in her eye and her body language. Anyway it wont go away now and i do hold a grudge. Since then she has done nothing to make it up. She is now acting as if nothing happened and i am the one with the issue! Now my mums upset with her it just seems to be getting worse. One of my BM's said yesterday the best thing is to ignore her and let it get to her to the point that she does something infront of FI and he can see for himself what she's really like.... It's so sad it's happened now when we are getting married. But i dont want anything to do with her. At the moment i cant think of anything else. She's obviously not bothered and nor am i. I feel sorry for FI but there is nothing i can do. I can not be around that woman. She doesnt care about upsetting me or her son. She thinks she has a right to say and do as she pleases and she is NEVER in the wrong.. my mum has said after the wedding she will have nothing more to do with her.

 

Thanks for listening girls x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by josietoms View Post

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you - its been really a life saver to stop me answering the question 'so where are you going' - lol.  Its all free as well and was quite fun to do. x

 

 

My wedding is still 2 years away, so there is not much I can buy at the moment, but I think the wedding planner is a great idea and it will keep me occupied for a while. x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

 

Thanks girls i always feel better knowing i can come on here and have a moan and nobody will judge me.. She was very hurtful. But the thing is i deep down think it was always there. She always annoyed me and i bit my tounge alot over the yrs. Just kept quiet but i am sick of watching her manipulate FI. He can't see it he has rose tinted glasses on where mummy is concerned and refuses to see what she is really like. I opened my mouth when she caused a row over our wedding decisions (she wants her daughter to be bridesmaid and i dont).. When i told her me and FI sat and jointly decided on who was gonna take what roll in the wedding and she's now causing a row she came round told me she didn't appreciate being TOLD that. She said it wasn't the first time i'd caused problems in the family (me and FI have no idea what she meant by that and i always keep my distance cos she does my head in) she also said the wedding day was as much about her as it was me....? WTF.... she said "you may be marrying my son but i'll always be his mum and always have my say"... i tried to keep my calm but told her what was what and walked her to the door... it wasn't just what she was saying it was the look in her eye and her body language. Anyway it wont go away now and i do hold a grudge. Since then she has done nothing to make it up. She is now acting as if nothing happened and i am the one with the issue! Now my mums upset with her it just seems to be getting worse. One of my BM's said yesterday the best thing is to ignore her and let it get to her to the point that she does something infront of FI and he can see for himself what she's really like.... It's so sad it's happened now when we are getting married. But i dont want anything to do with her. At the moment i cant think of anything else. She's obviously not bothered and nor am i. I feel sorry for FI but there is nothing i can do. I can not be around that woman. She doesnt care about upsetting me or her son. She thinks she has a right to say and do as she pleases and she is NEVER in the wrong.. my mum has said after the wedding she will have nothing more to do with her.

 

Thanks for listening girls x

 

 

Oh Michelle, your MIL sounds just as bad as mine.  Me and my MIL and BIL had an argument over 2 years ago trying to arrange FI's 30th birthday.  I had started to arrange a 'surprise' family dinner at a nice local restaurant which is his favourite, but MIL and BIL wanted to go to a big plush restautant in Chelsea, that is just not my FI, i knew he wouldn't like it, so I told them so, but they turned it all on me and said after everything he does for me the least I can do is spend a bit of money taking him out to a nice restaurant. WTF!!!

 

They then took everything out of my hands and wanted to arrange the dinner on his actual birthday which was a Wednesday and at 8pm in Chelsea which is a good 1hour drive away from our house.  I said that they were being unreasonable because FI has to get up for work the next day at 5am and on top of that my daughter (who was 12 at the time) has school.  They said can't i get a babysitter and I said 'no' FI would want her to be there she is after all his step daughter and he wouldn't want to celebrate at a 'family dinner' without her. Well that was it she went mad and proceeded to shout down the telephone at me that my daughter is nothing to do with her son, she is just that, my daughter and until the day we get married she will never be classed as his step daughter and she is not prepared to mess up her sons birthday just because his girlfriend (of 6 years may i just add) can't sort herself out and find a babysitter for her child.  In hindsight I should have gone absolutely crazy, but I told her that I will be ending the phone call and i put the phone down.

 

BIL was on her side and within 1/2 hour he was at my house to shout and argue with me some more, again I stayed quiet heard what he had to say and then asked him to leave.  He then called FI up and told him about the 'surprise' dinner and how i had ruined it all.  By the time FI called me I had broken down in tears.  It was a horrible time for us because I felt like he wasn't sticking up for me but he felt like he was stuck between his mum/brother and me.  He did tell them that they are never to talk to me like that again but I will never forgive them especially his mum for what she said about my daughter. 

 

I speak to BIL now only because FI and him are quite close so I have no choice but it took me well over a year to say hello to him but i'm making an effort for FI.  Thankfully MIL lives in St Lucia so I don't see her, this year May was the first time I had seen her since the argument and needless to say there was atmosphere.  FI took me,my daughter, and MIL out to dinner but the conversation was quite strained.  We mentioned about getting married in Mexico and her response was 'Don't you want me to come to your wedding then?' to which I asked what does she mean and she said 'well it's so far, why not come to St Lucia' I didn't bother to answer. She also kept making comments about when will we have children because she has always wanted a daughter so would love a granddaugter, which was really getting me annoyed because my daughter was sitting oppostie her.

 

MIL and my mum have never met in the 8 years we've been together, MIL is very stuck up and thinks because she owns her own house and business she is better than everybody else, my mum is from a working class background.  They are due to meet when MIL is over next in September and i'm not looking forward to it at all, i just hope for MIL sake that she doesn't make my mum feel uncomfortable, otherwise there will definitley be fireworks between me and her. 

 

I always knew that she didn't like me but FI kept telling me it's in my head, but i knew by the looks and certain comments...I honestly don't know what it is that i done but I think it is because I have a child and her and BIL think that i have tied FI down...who knows though, it used to really upset me but now I just don't care...i'm not marrying her i'm marrying my Wayne and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

 

Not sure how it is going to work in Mexico really....maybe she'll decide she won't come!!!

 

Wow i've written an essay for you all...but like Michelle said it's nice to get it off your chest and know that the ladies on here don't judge you.

 

 

Thanks for listening xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Charmaine and Michelle i feel for you both and know exactly what your both going through with your inlaws, maybe we should start up a group for those that dont get along with their MIL and other in laws lol.

 

As most of you know i have now lost a bridesmaid and a flowergirl (SIL and Niece) due to an argument with SIL a few days ago, FI and I are also not talking with the MIL either and that has been since xmas this was all because i wanted to do things differently for the sake of the kids as i believe xmas day is for them rather than the adults. MIL arrived an hour late for xmas dinner spoiling dinner and with no apology for her lateness throughout the day she seemed determined to be miserable while i tried to make an effort with her, anyway the same happened on boxing day she turned up late for the meal and ignored both my children but played with SIL daughter in my house, which made me really angry but i kept quiet so not to cause any bother, however the next day i was told by my SIL that the MIL was telling people i was extremley rude to her and ignored her all day....WTF!!!! if anything i made an effort even after her lateness and spoiling dinner!!! i have felt that she has not very much liked me throughout our relationship as she would always say to me "he doesn't need me know that he has you" and cause me hell, she always treats my kids different than my niece in front of them which is upsetting for both them and me as i am a firm believer in treating all kids the same! the list is endless for the problems she has caused and the things she has done but i know she will not be at my wedding and i would be happy never to speak with her again.

 

My SIL again is someone i never wish to see again as she said some awful things which can't be forgiven and then went on the threaten me!!!!! i chose to ignore this and not retaliate to make myself look like the better person in it all, because i am better than that...she also made a comment that i am half way to wiping out FI's whole family so she hopes we work out (been together 6 years) because he wont have anyone left as a result of me! i did find this quite hurtful but i will not be letting either MIL or SIL back into my life although i have said to FI if he wants to sort his differences then i am happy for him to as they are his family but i will not be.

 

Unlucky for me MIL and SIL live about 5 minutes away!!!

 

None of FI's family have been happy about our engagement and it seems funny how things change and how people change when you say  your getting married.

 

Charmaine.....Good luck for Friday and i hope you get those results that you want hun, i will keep my fingers crossed for you.

 

Vicki xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Soon-to-be-McRae View Post

 

Charmaine and Michelle i feel for you both and know exactly what your both going through with your inlaws, maybe we should start up a group for those that dont get along with their MIL and other in laws lol.

 

As most of you know i have now lost a bridesmaid and a flowergirl (SIL and Niece) due to an argument with SIL a few days ago, FI and I are also not talking with the MIL either and that has been since xmas this was all because i wanted to do things differently for the sake of the kids as i believe xmas day is for them rather than the adults. MIL arrived an hour late for xmas dinner spoiling dinner and with no apology for her lateness throughout the day she seemed determined to be miserable while i tried to make an effort with her, anyway the same happened on boxing day she turned up late for the meal and ignored both my children but played with SIL daughter in my house, which made me really angry but i kept quiet so not to cause any bother, however the next day i was told by my SIL that the MIL was telling people i was extremley rude to her and ignored her all day....WTF!!!! if anything i made an effort even after her lateness and spoiling dinner!!! i have felt that she has not very much liked me throughout our relationship as she would always say to me "he doesn't need me know that he has you" and cause me hell, she always treats my kids different than my niece in front of them which is upsetting for both them and me as i am a firm believer in treating all kids the same! the list is endless for the problems she has caused and the things she has done but i know she will not be at my wedding and i would be happy never to speak with her again.

 

My SIL again is someone i never wish to see again as she said some awful things which can't be forgiven and then went on the threaten me!!!!! i chose to ignore this and not retaliate to make myself look like the better person in it all, because i am better than that...she also made a comment that i am half way to wiping out FI's whole family so she hopes we work out (been together 6 years) because he wont have anyone left as a result of me! i did find this quite hurtful but i will not be letting either MIL or SIL back into my life although i have said to FI if he wants to sort his differences then i am happy for him to as they are his family but i will not be.

 

Unlucky for me MIL and SIL live about 5 minutes away!!!

 

None of FI's family have been happy about our engagement and it seems funny how things change and how people change when you say  your getting married.

 

Charmaine.....Good luck for Friday and i hope you get those results that you want hun, i will keep my fingers crossed for you.

 

Vicki xx

 

 

What is wrong with these MIL & SIL?  I believe it is a jeleousy thing, they suddenly feel threatened that there sons/brothers have another woman in their lives.  I say screw them, the weddings will be better without them there anyway.  We are skyping my MIL today to confirm that we are going to Mexico.  I'll let you know how it goes!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I remember my honeymoon and my wife on the beach. We sing, dance, eat and have sex with the product đồ chơi tình dục cao cấp
      Maybe I will never forget
    • We are Clandestine Events, Wedding Planner & Events Agency located in Barcelona, Spain, one of the most beautyful, modern and cool cities in the world. We can help you to organize your destination wedding in Barcelona, doesn't matter where you come, and whats the style of your wedding. The team of Clandestine Events can design and plan each point of the wedding with the best providers. If you want more infromation contact with us ==> Wedding Destination Barcelona. Cheers!
    • Good afternoon, I wanted to inquire if anyone has or knows someone who got married at this resort. How was it? How are the coordinators? Packages that were chosen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
  • Topics

×