Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
Oooooo, just ordered my lucky sixpence :-)

Welcome back roo, i know what its like my comp has a virus a week or 2 back.. drove me mad!!!!

xox
Ooo post pix when it comes :o).. my pink fans came this week, now i just need to personalise them with a tag or something...hhhmmm something else to think about. Not happy my colour printer is broken :o(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOUISE!!!!!

 

Good luck! Hope i haven't missed you, (what's it coming to when you're so busy at work you can't get on the internet!?)

 

Will be thinking about you, have a fantastic time, can't wait to hear all about it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by *lyndsey* View Post
Hi All,
Not sure how I have previously missed this forum!!
I'm from Newcastle & we are booked for Azul Sensatori for May next year, can't wait! We booked with Thomson but are still waiting for our wedding date to be confirmed.

So far there are 40 of us altogether and most of us are staying in the same hotel. It's a mixture of family & friends. What about you lot? Have many people booked up yet?

The forums on here have so far been really useful so hopefully this one will be too! x x x

thewave.gif
Welcome Lyndsey, nice to have you with us...this is a fabulous thread, full of ideas, i'm sure you'll pick up loads...wow 40 guests thats loads how lovely.

I actually started this thread but at the moment I am the last lady to get married in July 2012...it feels like a lifetime away, but everybody said that it will go quickly. We started telling our friends and family over the last few weeks and other than a few people most have been positive, but circumstances change and until we come to book next year we won't know how many people will actually be coming.

So glad that you've joined us xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by josietoms View Post
These are my shoes..... the photo doesnt really do them justice but they go with my dress perfectly.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
lovely shoes josie, they look like they are a perfect match for your dress x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
As for shoes well for the ceremony im wearing barefoot sandals, i havent actually got a proper pic of mine yet, just one of them flat out. its on my to do list to take one on my feet but i will do that at a later date....

i made my own in aqua and white, below :

Click the image to open in full size.

i just post this pic of some i found online so you get the idea of what they look like on

Click the image to open in full size.

Then for the reception im going to wear these

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

UNLESS i can find them in AQUA.. which i am hoping to do but i bought the white ones as a back up incase i cant find any i like in AQUA!!!!

xox
I absolutely love your barefoot sandals, i think it is a fab idea x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon-to-be-McRae View Post
Josie your shoes are lovely where did you get those from? I am thinking of wearing sandals or bare foot for the ceremony and putting heels on for the evening, not sure for the bridesmaids yet will probably be sandal/flip flop between the toe type ones lol these are the ones i am thinking of.

Click the image to open in full size.

Vicki
I love these too, I love the jewells on them x

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post
As for shoes i am wearing heels, high heels. We're not having a beach wedding (will just take em off for the beach photos).. i love heels and can't imagine getting married in flats.. although i also love my flat sandals.. so i will just wear the same ones for our AHR...

welcome back Roo ;o)
I am definitely a high heel girl too, I am only 5 foot 1 inch so I feel frumpy without heels, I only own 2 pairs of flats out of about 60 pairs of heels (bit of a shoe fetish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon-to-be-McRae View Post
I am wondering if it would be easier getting married at the gazebo so everyone can wear heels lol
We are getting married in the Gazebo, at first i thought it was pointless having a destination wedding if you are not getting married on the beach, but then I saw the Gran Caribe Gazebo and we fell in love with it, it just seemed more intimate and a bonus is I can wear my heels. xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ooooooh I forgot to share with you ladies that I applied for an internal job for the next level up from what I do now (i'm a Finance Officer), I had the interview on Tuesday and found out on Wednesday that I got it....I am now a Management Accountant...woo hoo

 

I am so happy, not only did I need a new job as I was bored to death in my old one, but the money is a big step up to, which will help because Wayne got his days cut down to 3 days a week and I was worrying about how we would ever pay for the wedding.

 

Now all I need to worry about is if I can actually do the job they just hired me for...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Ladies

 

Well after a few family issues i have lost a bridesmaid (sister in law) and a flowergirl (niece), i am absolutley gutted because i would have loved for them to share our special day with us but after the comments that have been made towards me from fiance's mother and sister this will not be happening!

 

As well as all this going on my day has been full of filling in job applications and c.v's because i am currently unemployed at present and jobs seem few and far between round here so i am hoping i hear back from them soon as i could do with some positive news and then i can get stuck in to some real planning :-) but for now still counting down the days until we can book which hopefully wont be to far away.

 

Vicki x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by char79uk View Post
ooooooh I forgot to share with you ladies that I applied for an internal job for the next level up from what I do now (i'm a Finance Officer), I had the interview on Tuesday and found out on Wednesday that I got it....I am now a Management Accountant...woo hoo

I am so happy, not only did I need a new job as I was bored to death in my old one, but the money is a big step up to, which will help because Wayne got his days cut down to 3 days a week and I was worrying about how we would ever pay for the wedding.

Now all I need to worry about is if I can actually do the job they just hired me for...lol
This is great news and of course you will be able to do it your company have faith in you so have faith in yourself and it will work out fine. good luck xxpinkie.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon-to-be-McRae View Post
Hey Ladies

Well after a few family issues i have lost a bridesmaid (sister in law) and a flowergirl (niece), i am absolutley gutted because i would have loved for them to share our special day with us but after the comments that have been made towards me from fiance's mother and sister this will not be happening!

As well as all this going on my day has been full of filling in job applications and c.v's because i am currently unemployed at present and jobs seem few and far between round here so i am hoping i hear back from them soon as i could do with some positive news and then i can get stuck in to some real planning :-) but for now still counting down the days until we can book which hopefully wont be to far away.

Vicki x
I am sure everything will work out for you in the end they always do but remain positive as it will all come good I'm sure of it. On the job front I lost my job the end of June (redundancy) and no pay for the whole of June so have had no money coming in since the end of May. I applied for every job around even if the money was pony and it the end I got one and start on 2nd Aug - I know how disheartening it can be and until you are out of work and applying you honestly dont know how it feels. Sending you lots of positive thoughts and it will all work out. Do you know how many you have thinking of booking yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post
Ooo post pix when it comes :o).. my pink fans came this week, now i just need to personalise them with a tag or something...hhhmmm something else to think about. Not happy my colour printer is broken :o(
I will dont you worry... Haha, I also ordered

This backless, strapless bra as my dress has a low low back and the style you need a nice push up and i obviously dont want to have a bra showing with my dress and i definatly need something to push me up at the front & i came across these... never seen b4 and hope they work... haha!!!

Push-Up Bra

Also ordered these :

Lace V Shaped Thong

AND i ordered :

FREE I Do Stickers - Wedding Ideas Magazine Online Shop

As i ordered my sixpence from weddingideasshop.com and these were FREE when buying something else so i though why not :-) Haha x

Sorry they are all links i just dont have pix yet but just coz i love to "flash" i will post some when all my items come xox

Quote:
Originally Posted by char79uk View Post
ooooooh I forgot to share with you ladies that I applied for an internal job for the next level up from what I do now (i'm a Finance Officer), I had the interview on Tuesday and found out on Wednesday that I got it....I am now a Management Accountant...woo hoo

I am so happy, not only did I need a new job as I was bored to death in my old one, but the money is a big step up to, which will help because Wayne got his days cut down to 3 days a week and I was worrying about how we would ever pay for the wedding.

Now all I need to worry about is if I can actually do the job they just hired me for...lol
CONGRATULATIONS thewave.gif THATS GREAT NEWS :-)
Sorry to hear about your FI but thankfully this has helped you lots. Well done, it has dfinatly come at the right time for you xxx


Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon-to-be-McRae View Post
Hey Ladies

Well after a few family issues i have lost a bridesmaid (sister in law) and a flowergirl (niece), i am absolutley gutted because i would have loved for them to share our special day with us but after the comments that have been made towards me from fiance's mother and sister this will not be happening!

As well as all this going on my day has been full of filling in job applications and c.v's because i am currently unemployed at present and jobs seem few and far between round here so i am hoping i hear back from them soon as i could do with some positive news and then i can get stuck in to some real planning :-) but for now still counting down the days until we can book which hopefully wont be to far away.

Vicki x
Arrrrrr Vicki, Im so so sorry to hear the sad news!!! It must be awful for you :-( I cant imagine what you must be going through!!

Good luck on the job front aswell, Im not in the same position as you, as i am in work at the mo, but i am looking for something else as i hate what i do and i hve handed so many C.Vs out and application forms in the last few weeks... like you say there is hardly anything about at the mo... And when it is its either part time or temporay... which neither would suit to pay the mortgage!! Ive got my fingers crossed about 1 app i handed in at a Care home just down the road from my house which i would love to do... i hope i hear soon.....
But i definatly feel for you as it is difficult at the mo to get a job!!!

I hope your ok lovely, and like i say im realy sorry about your family, do you think it may be worked out?

xoxoxo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Charmaine.....Congratulations on the new job, great news thewave.gif

Was this what your exams were for a few months ago?

 

Josie.....Not sure how many people will be coming out with us yet quite a lot of people said they will but until it comes to booking i won't know for definate, will be lovely if everyone who said they will come does.

 

Nicy....I carnt see the issue with my SIL will ever be resolved if i am honest she has said some very nasty and hurtful things which i cannot forgive her for unfortunatly, i am upset with it all but know that the only people that are really important on our day is my fiance and my 2 boys.

 

I will be fine, keep smiling :-)

 

Vicki x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by char79uk View Post
ooooooh I forgot to share with you ladies that I applied for an internal job for the next level up from what I do now (i'm a Finance Officer), I had the interview on Tuesday and found out on Wednesday that I got it....I am now a Management Accountant...woo hoo

I am so happy, not only did I need a new job as I was bored to death in my old one, but the money is a big step up to, which will help because Wayne got his days cut down to 3 days a week and I was worrying about how we would ever pay for the wedding.

Now all I need to worry about is if I can actually do the job they just hired me for...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon-to-be-McRae View Post
Hey Ladies

Well after a few family issues i have lost a bridesmaid (sister in law) and a flowergirl (niece), i am absolutley gutted because i would have loved for them to share our special day with us but after the comments that have been made towards me from fiance's mother and sister this will not be happening!

As well as all this going on my day has been full of filling in job applications and c.v's because i am currently unemployed at present and jobs seem few and far between round here so i am hoping i hear back from them soon as i could do with some positive news and then i can get stuck in to some real planning :-) but for now still counting down the days until we can book which hopefully wont be to far away.

Vicki x
Congrats on the job news that is lovely news so happy for you :o)

Vicki i feel upset for you i hope it all works out. I know how you feel as i myself have had issues with SIL and MIL and not really on good terms with MIL now and our issue was back in Jan, to be honest i am dreading spending 2 wks with her in Mexico. She is the only bad part of the whole thing.... I hope it's sorted out for you hun..

Nicy i love the bits you've ordered.... your on a roll, ha ha... i love the I do stickers i see them on a girls shoes on here they are so cute i might get some too pinkie.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×