Jump to content

Recommended Posts


Hi Rachael,

 

I have seen a recent post on the Azul Sensatori group where a bride still hasn't recieved her certificate 2 months later. Also seen on trip advisor a while ago with a similar post. I also need the Spanish certificate for my second hotel to get the honeymoon benefits.

 

Im using Erick Rodriguez from Claudia Photo. Love their work and also avoiding the $800 vendor fee.

 

Have you decided on a photographer yet?

Originally Posted by Rachael View Post

Which photographer are you using Kerry? x



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I read that post from bryteyedbride about the certificate. Its terrible service not to have the wedding certificate 2 months after, hope they get it sorted soon. Hopefully you will be ok with getting the spanish certificate as you both deserve to get the honeymoon perk's.Are you supposed to get the spanish copy straight away or a couple of days later? We have not properley decided on a photographer, we got the gold wedding package when we booked but have since found out the hour photography is with Caribe and I have read disapointing reviews. Which is a shame as we were going to book another couple of hours with them. At the minute I am looking at Mexicanweddingphotos ( $800 waived luckily) and gathering prices. I have E mailed my co ordinator to say I have read disapointing reviews on Caribe and is there any way we can change. Will see what they come back with x 

Originally Posted by kerry872 View Post


Hi Rachael,

 

I have seen a recent post on the Azul Sensatori group where a bride still hasn't recieved her certificate 2 months later. Also seen on trip advisor a while ago with a similar post. I also need the Spanish certificate for my second hotel to get the honeymoon benefits.

 

Im using Erick Rodriguez from Claudia Photo. Love their work and also avoiding the $800 vendor fee.

 

Have you decided on a photographer yet?



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kerry i got married at sensatori and we had the gold wedding package which included a translated wedding certificate delivered by fed ex to us 6 weeks after our wedding.

we were given 2 copies of the original mexican certificate to take home with us & the translated copy arrived just under 6 weeks after the wedding.

so it was a fab service for us. hopefully sensatori will do the same for you!x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone -  My travel agent has told me that US Dollars is no longer used in Mexico and that we should be taking mexican pesos... Has anyone else heard this???? I am a little confused over what currency to take with us...... What currrency is everyone taking with them??? And what currency did everyone use while in Mexico??? As our vendors are all asking for US dollars for payments.... thanks x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by samcalv1 View Post

 

Hi everyone -  My travel agent has told me that US Dollars is no longer used in Mexico and that we should be taking mexican pesos... Has anyone else heard this???? I am a little confused over what currency to take with us...... What currrency is everyone taking with them??? And what currency did everyone use while in Mexico??? As our vendors are all asking for US dollars for payments.... thanks x

 

Yes we were told this back end of last year. Although we still took Dollars. Check with you hotel as ours still accepted both USD and Pesos. When we were off resort they wouldnt accept USD in the shops but took them for tips. Our hotel changed dollars at the reception to pesos if we needed them. We did have to change some money once or twice as they only took Pesos when we booked day trips, but we did book these off our resort.

We also had our debit and credit cards with us too :-) There was a cash machine about 1 min walk from our hotel enterance which despenced Pesos. So you could always use that option.

 

xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Kerry.


We were told that we had to wait 6 months for our certificate after we leave Mexico. But i enquired about getting our wedding cert apostiled with our WC and she said this was fine. When we got to the resort at our wedding meeting i asked about this again and she said yes it was all in order but because we have given plently of notice for this they had already arranged it with the official office over there and as long as we were in the country 4-5 days after the wedding it would be ready in time for us to bring home, we got married on the friday and Nancy our WC had it delivered to our room on the Monday :-) So we had ours from day 1 x Worth enquiring, as it may differ from resort to resort and hotel to hotel :-)

 

Also we have looked into getting our cert translated... We are not going to bother as there is no legal requirement to have this done. Whether its in English or Spanish the wedding legal so we are just leaving it and have used the original Spanish one in all forms of name change etc....  x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Lyndsey thanks for that. Sounds like a fab service. x

Originally Posted by *lyndsey* View Post

kerry i got married at sensatori and we had the gold wedding package which included a translated wedding certificate delivered by fed ex to us 6 weeks after our wedding.

we were given 2 copies of the original mexican certificate to take home with us & the translated copy arrived just under 6 weeks after the wedding.

so it was a fab service for us. hopefully sensatori will do the same for you!x



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanx hun xx  Our resort and photographer is quoting us in US Dollars so got really confused lol ....... So did you tip in the hotel with US Dollars?  And with your debit cards did your bank charge you for withdrawing abroad???  How is married life???? I've got 9 weeks to go!!! Yipeee cannot bloody wait!!!!! Paid for the holiday and wedding last week...... :-) x

 

Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
 

Yes we were told this back end of last year. Although we still took Dollars. Check with you hotel as ours still accepted both USD and Pesos. When we were off resort they wouldnt accept USD in the shops but took them for tips. Our hotel changed dollars at the reception to pesos if we needed them. We did have to change some money once or twice as they only took Pesos when we booked day trips, but we did book these off our resort.

We also had our debit and credit cards with us too :-) There was a cash machine about 1 min walk from our hotel enterance which despenced Pesos. So you could always use that option.

 

xx



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×