Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon-to-be-McRae View Post
Awww Josie sorry to hear the news about your job, will keep my fingers and toes crossed and hope you find something soon, in a more positive light your dress is stunning and you look lovely.

Nicy....Thats fantastic news about your Mum and Dad so pleased for you cheer2.gif it must be sooo exciting when people start booking up, carnt wait for that.

I went in to first choice yesterday to find out when we can book for November 2011 and the TA said it looks to be like late November 2010, this only gives us less than a year to book and pay for everything as they like the full balance 6-8 weeks before departure which doesnt seem very long so i am getting a bit worried now and also that we wont be able to get the date we want, i feel like i have hit a brick wall and carnt see what i can get done before we can book.

Vicki x
Hey Vicki, I know how you feel, it is SO frustrating waiting for prices, we waited from May 2009 to May 2010 for prices to come out for May 2011. it felt like a life time and it felt like it wasnt long to plan but we just planned anyway working on 2010 prices... if you book as soon as the prices come out and they request the day you want i dont think you will have a problem in getting the date you want, i know its easier said than done but try not to worry, i learnt that from the girls on here xox

xo

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nicky your comment made me cry lol so glad your mum and dad have jumped on board.Good ol mums

Josie with your positive outlook it wont be long before you have an even better job.

Where did you buy your dress from its stunning? i love the beadwork/crystals.

Does anyone have any ideas of wear to buy a sand ceremony set from.I want to include this into our ceremony BUT i dont think i need to have a permanent sand ceremony t bring home.Ive looked on line and postage is like $50 which on top of the kit is way to much.

Im wondering about ikea?

Morning all! it's FRIDAY!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEHA! also, four weeks today, i'll be walking down the aisle! WAHOO! very happy/excited today!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
thewave.gifthewave.gifthewave.gif

Some of you may have read this on another thread but i wana tell the world...... :-)

I HAVE THE BESTESTEST NEWS..... WHOO WHOO.....

As some of you know my mum and dad have been debating for weeks and weeks if they can afford to come to our wedding... i know they really wanted to come but were unsure!!! My mum woke up this morn with a gutt feeling... went to the travel agent tonight after work and booked... YIPEE, they finally booked, My dad can give me away after all.... Im so so so happy.... My mum and dad will be at our wedding!!!!!!!!! My mum said she just woke up today and thought i cant miss my daughters wedding, and that was it!!! ARGH!!!!!!!

cheer2.gifsmile159.gifcheer2.gifsmile159.gifcheer2.gif

As you can probably guess im so excited

xoxo

that's WONDERFUL news! i bet you're over the moon! YAY!

Quote:
Awww Josie sorry to hear the news about your job, will keep my fingers and toes crossed and hope you find something soon, in a more positive light your dress is stunning and you look lovely.

Nicy....Thats fantastic news about your Mum and Dad so pleased for you cheer2.gif it must be sooo exciting when people start booking up, carnt wait for that.

I went in to first choice yesterday to find out when we can book for November 2011 and the TA said it looks to be like late November 2010, this only gives us less than a year to book and pay for everything as they like the full balance 6-8 weeks before departure which doesnt seem very long so i am getting a bit worried now and also that we wont be able to get the date we want, i feel like i have hit a brick wall and carnt see what i can get done before we can book.

Vicki x

Where are you getting married? have you thought about emailing the hotel wedding planners direct and asking them? you could book the date in and start saving now, putting money away from now. then when you book with your TA your flights/hotel you'll already be ahead on planning.

I booked mine in June 2009 for a July 2010 wedding and to be honest, it was PLENTY of time! don't threat about the planning, just start saving (we didn't do that, paying for it now! doh!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roo66 View Post
Does anyone have any ideas of wear to buy a sand ceremony set from.I want to include this into our ceremony BUT i dont think i need to have a permanent sand ceremony t bring home.Ive looked on line and postage is like $50 which on top of the kit is way to much.

Im wondering about ikea?

i've just been having a pm convo with MrsCtobe about this very subject. it's proving a pain. i bought a 'sealable' bottle from ebay, but they cancelled the order because the product is out of stock. so i'm looking again today. i refuse to pay so much postage from the US! i'll let you know what i find x

Hi girls,

Nicy that is fantastic news really lovely they are going to be there. I wish my dad had the same attitude as your mum. But hay hoe my beautiful boy will give me away now :o)

Vicki - we couldn't book ours till just under 12months! It was beyound frustrating! But i did contact our hotel direct and put our wedding date on hold before we even booked. Might be worth contacting them like the other girls have said x

Quote:

Vicki x
Same thing happened to me, drove me mad!! Esp since a wedding over here would be booked years in advance and I needed a specific date or else my BM couldnt attend or my cousin would be in Afgan still. I decided to contact my resort and book the wedding direct so i could secure a date and a place and then worked out prices from this year plus 10% for my guests.

Least then aswell it makes it feel more "real" once you have a date x

Im off to lakeside tonight am going to go into ikea to see if i can find something as a sand ceremony.Then we are off to buy Pauls shirt.

Girls my dad isnt coming my mum and dad both live in ireland.He was on board when he thought it would be a hotel in the town but when he found out it was sixteen of us in a villa he went off the idea.My poor mum fell out with him and when i rang her she said she didnt feel well.I kinda knew he was giving her a hard time.I rang her later to ask if she was feeling better and just slipped into the conversation so when did dad say he didnt want to come? CALL IT DAUGHTERS INTUITION LOL.

Anyway for my mums sake i told her i wasnt worried about him not coming my dad lives for the tv and the newspaper neither of these will be available up in the hills of Zante.My mum would of been torn.As it stands my mum will just be happy to be with her grandchildren and im glad she dosent feel torn between dad and us.

Of course had i been staying in an all inclusive i may of felt a little different.

My mum was very sick last year im relieved shes here and delighted she is well enough to be part of our special day.I will fly out to see my dad with the photos, and bear no grudge.He worked hard all his life and i admire him for doing as he pleases at his time of life.Now my mum would call him a selfish arse, but as it is we are all happy ish xx

OH AND IF HE PUTS HIS HAND DEEP INTO HIS POCKET MUM AND I WILL BOTH BE DELIGHTED LOL

Hi Girls,

I'm hoping that you may be able to help me out, I was supposed to fax our signed wedding contract by today and keep getting error messages when trying to fax, the number we have is 305.421.1608, i have tried to contact my WC but she is out of the office till the 6th!!!! I have emailed the main wedding people to see if there are any missing numbers from the fax but still waiting for a reply.

Do any of you know if I have to add a dialling code at the front of this fax numberhuh.gifhuh.gif

Also how did you pay your deposit, they were asking for a copy of the front and back of my card and the woman at my bank nearly had a heart attack when I told her that!!!!

Hope you ncan help, Jacqui x

Quote:
Originally Posted by roo66 View Post
Im off to lakeside tonight am going to go into ikea to see if i can find something as a sand ceremony.Then we are off to buy Pauls shirt.
Girls my dad isnt coming my mum and dad both live in ireland.He was on board when he thought it would be a hotel in the town but when he found out it was sixteen of us in a villa he went off the idea.My poor mum fell out with him and when i rang her she said she didnt feel well.I kinda knew he was giving her a hard time.I rang her later to ask if she was feeling better and just slipped into the conversation so when did dad say he didnt want to come? CALL IT DAUGHTERS INTUITION LOL.
Anyway for my mums sake i told her i wasnt worried about him not coming my dad lives for the tv and the newspaper neither of these will be available up in the hills of Zante.My mum would of been torn.As it stands my mum will just be happy to be with her grandchildren and im glad she dosent feel torn between dad and us.
Of course had i been staying in an all inclusive i may of felt a little different.
My mum was very sick last year im relieved shes here and delighted she is well enough to be part of our special day.I will fly out to see my dad with the photos, and bear no grudge.He worked hard all his life and i admire him for doing as he pleases at his time of life.Now my mum would call him a selfish arse, but as it is we are all happy ish xx
OH AND IF HE PUTS HIS HAND DEEP INTO HIS POCKET MUM AND I WILL BOTH BE DELIGHTED LOL
Hehehehe roo! My dad is a mardy old sod too! He is coming, but i had a nightmare of a time convincing him to get on the same plane as my future in-laws!
wtf.gif

Yes, i know, doesn´t bode at all well for two weeks on holiday together! We live in Spain and OH´s fam live in UK. My dad wanted us to fly from Madrid to avoid a 10hr flight together!!!!!! Arse indeed.
I´m hoping he´ll cheer up with two weeks of free booze inside him, and "feel the love"!!!!!!!!!
(or not)

I think you´ve got a great attitude to your dad not coming. you wouldn´t want him there resenting it. Fingers crossed for the hand in pocket bit!

I know i would of been sending Paul down the hill to find him a newspaper and then when he was being difficult my mum would of suffered and i didnt want that.I think he will put his hand in his pocket mums already told him we need a present his response was well give um a couple of hundred her reply was thats not enough lol sooooo im thinking it will be about £500 and boy do we need all the help we can get.

I found something at ikea its not perfect but quite honestly im done with thinking about it.SOOOOOOOOOO without photos ill try and explain.

I bought the cylinder vase that many of you who shop in ikea will already have its about twelve inches tall about an inch and a half wide at the top with etching a third of the way up.I then bought three packs of four turquoise little turquoise vase things that kind of look like egg timers.There not!!! i think they may be for a small bulb!!!!!!!!!

anyway i bought three packs making nine and i need eight one each for Paul and i and then one each for each of our children.If i fill Pauls and mine to the top and all the kids to half way like to the narrow part of the egg timer bit then it fills the vase to the top.If i stand the tall vase in the middle and the eight llitle ones around the outside i think it will work total price £15.00. Job done

We also got Pauls shirt not the one he originally wanted its still Ted Baker but its the blue floral one that was in the sale we havnt put it with the linen suit which is baby blue if it looks poo we can take it back.It looked nice so fingers crossed.I will get him to put everything one for the planning threadbut of course he wont know im posting pictures of him on here lol

Anyway have a good weekend ladies i cant wait for Monday i get my routine bloods done on monday then im off to get my dress fitted yay xx